Universal Jump'N'Shoot Attack (by FreakZone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Ahem. Gamers in their 40's can still derive some enjoyment! #

2. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Was MFi ever confirmed/denied? Not that it's a deal breaker, I'm buying this based on the one screenshot I saw - not even gonna look at the RR preview...

3. Excited to tackle the high score leader boards in this! What kind of scoring will this have? Time? Deaths?

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks for the reply....11p can't come fast enough

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yeah this is definitely my type of game.. Only game I'm interested in buying tonight.. Was hoping rex rocket would be released as well :( :(

6. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    #26 DistantJ, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Hey guys. The game does support some controllers (Unity does by default) but I'm not sure if the button layout is right for MFI ones or not, but I'm happy to alter that in the first update if necessary.

Note that the game is actually much harder with buttons since there's a lot of jumping/flying and shooting at the same time.

Leaderboards are currently best times to beat the game and high scores. There are 10 achievements.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bloody hell...I was just thinking about the fact that DistantJ's not had a game out in a really damn long time, the other day. Bought and trying right now! :)

8. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Hey dude! Good to see you're still around here! I was away from mobile dev for a long time working on Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures! Heh

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Port that to mobile, pleaseeeeeeee ##

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes, this. This!!!

11. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Metroid fanboy developers launch new title on iOS? YES!!!

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Louise Lightfoot...what a beautiful name and hell yes, a female heroine.
    Not too many games out there to offer a woman only.

This is pure, straight and colorful arcade fun and no walk in the park. The challenge in this gem is written in big letters, and while the controls are very responsive, they need some time to get used to. I still have this feeling, after xxx attempts, that the last pixel is not on the gamers side...i'm fine with it. Memorize your path and enemies, be fast and accurate and make it to the other side. If you lack skills, move on. No iap will hold your hand here.
    Also, there is no facecrook, email, quadro currencies and such BS...

Only a game for gamers, made by gamers. Thank you!

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Wait for it in US store.

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Very well said. Awesome game, awesome game. My only pick up so far tonite.

15. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Can't view my own high scores/best times while offline. :eek:
    Can this get added?

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Nothing better than seeing your best scores acknowledged offline but not on gamecenter!

17. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    But if my best scores aren't visible offline either, that's even worse. Can't even tell if Game Center actually got my high score then.

Besides, I prefer my games to be fully functional offline. Why can't I see my own scores? Makes sense to.

18. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Is this an auto-runner? The vid I watched looked like you can't stop the character. I wouldn't like this as I don't want to just memorize a layout to get through it. No fun for me. I was hoping this was an actual platformer where you react as you go at your own speed.

Maybe I'm wrong? Thx

19. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Well, you can't tell if GC got your score simply because the game knows what it is. I've always thought there should be a manual records upload feature in high-scoring games where you can explicitly confirm transfer of your records to gamecenter, but of all the stupid stuff people bitch about, that's not one of them.

My main thought in response to your initial comment was of the relative importance. I agree, in the broadest sense, that it would be nice to see the high score.

Yeah, it's an auto-runner. Though keep in mind it's not one where you die if you get caught on a wall; it's more that the right arrow is constantly in play, so you can stop occasionally if the environment allows.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah it's an auto runner. If this was a traditional platformer I would love it. But finding it a bit frustrating. Gorgeous graphics, the dev is great at doing NES style graphics.

It does have a fair bit of 'just one more try' though. The Jetpac part felt a bit flappy bird-ish. But i wish the controls were the same as his previous games