Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Is there fighting in this game?

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes.

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    My answer to cloudpuff when she asked about this:

4. Rogue Calypso

Rogue Calypso Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Web Design & Development
    Nashville, grew up in Iowa
    You could definitely get to all the planets in a week and it wouldn't take too long to get to the point where you could craft potions and tame pets. Depends on how much you plan on playing in the week of course, but I would say it is definitely doable :)

5. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Been a huge fan of Terraria ever since it hit PC (and again on xbox). Decided I didn't want to replay Terraria on mobile and got this instead, gotta say, it's pretty fun and familiar enough that I'm not completely lost. Feel free to provide any tips for beginners if you have some :)

Quick question - I saw mention of a $1 IAP for the recipe book or something? Some people say it's a must-buy. What exactly does it do? I don't see it listed in the shop button on the main menu, so I'm not sure if it's been removed. There's also a hat that's supposed to randomly drop stuff, which I also don't see.

Thanks!

6. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

The recipe book IAP that you're referring to is the full craftbook IAP, which when enabled gives you all crafting recipes. There's a few different IAP hats that drop various things from breeding supplies to saplings & sprouts.

None of these extra IAP's are required though. Think of them more as a way of saying thanks to the devs and getting a little something in return :)

If you're new to the game, I'd recommend coming on over to the official forums here. http://forum.pixbits.com

7. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
  8. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    #1488 dogxsx, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Summer is coming in Junk Jack X

Hi guys, here's a teaser of the soon to be released Junk Jack X summer patch: fishing!

[​IMG]

We hope you'll like it. :)
    More news soon!

9. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Omg yessss!!!!!! So excited for this update.

10. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    #1490 dogxsx, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is one of the best games on IOS. Everything about it is high quality, down to the last detail, and the fact that it gets regular huge content updates makes it well worth the price. I would highly recommend buying the full craft book.

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've bought and deleted twice because I just can't get it, really wish I'd played his before terraria, I've reinstalled after seeing about the fishing and I think I'm getting there. I survived two nights, in the dark, in the mud cos I had no light haha but I'm getting there.

I purchased the craft book and the planets thing when I first bought the game, not sure what the planet thing does as I see no difference or ability to do anything different. Is the chemistry book worth purchasing or is it more fun to discover them? There's a lot to learn. I'm gonna check those forums out.

13. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Check to see if they're enabled. The Planets unlock means you can create new worlds of any of the types without having to unlock them first.

I bought the Craft Book and the Chemistry Book and a couple of hats. Such a good game.

14. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    Good job on the update!

This has become my favorite sandbox game on iOS, and i didn't even think
    i would enjoy it more than Terraria, being a bit less focused on a particular objective (i.e. boss fights), but the amount of stuff to find and craft is seriously getting mind-blowing, and constant updates help keeping it fresh.
    Totally recommended.

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

Ahhh I see thank you, I didn't have it enabled.
    Seeing as I bought the craft book would you recommend getting the chemistry book too? Or would it take too much fun away?

16. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I really like this game, but I still don't know how to manage all those items you find. I know some of you recommend to create a separate world just for storing stuff, but that doesn't feel right to me. Because if you do this, then you would never have to build a base on other planets. It would reduce the game to digging and finding portals.

How did you overcome this?

There are items that seem to be made for creating underground bases. Like metal doors who don't explode. But if you don't need to build, what's the purpose of the game?

Maybe a problem is to find purpose. But it's not good when your bag gets full of "junk" every few minutes.

Sorry for my English.

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Another awesome update for an awesome game

18. dillof

dillof New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Yuca portal

On what planet can portal pieces for Yuca be found? (I assume you'll have to create a new planet after the update.)

thanks,
    dillo

19. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy

On Alba it seems.
    Has anybody figured out how to fish?
    I have the lure, the bait and the fishing pole, i get close to a pool of water but if I try to use the fishing pole he just uses it as if it were a weapon.

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It may not feel right to you but it's how the game franchise has been conceived and executed from from the beginning back in 2011.

You create a Homeworld (or Homeworlds) just as you have read about and evidently ignored. You still have to build some sort of a home base on each planet in your "adventure world" set since you will otherwise get murdered by the local fauna, but the game is simply too vast in scope to think you can both experience the amount of building and crafting possible in the world AND treat your character and the world set as some sort of finite place.

For example, you may find a recipe that requires a drop that only occurs in a specific seasonal version of Terra. You either create a stand alone version of that world, dimension hop there, farm that particular item, and then return to your main haunt, or you don't ever craft that item because your Adventure world set will have exactly one iteration of Terra (whatever version of the game was live when you made that Adventure set).

Worlds are as disposable as toilet paper in this game. "Jack" is a dimension hopping time lord / Indiana Jones character who moves between worlds as easy as you move between rooms. A world only becomes important *when* you build on it. My original adventure world is nothing but a resource with no structure more complicated than a simple home with a bed, 2 doors, and portals to and from the "adjoining" planets. All complicated building takes place on stand alone planets in no way linked to any other world.

That is the key problem. It's truly a sandbox game with so many options that there are dozens of ways you could approach the game. And you can approach the game exactly like you seem to want to do, but you will have to resolve yourself to the fact that treating a character and an Adventure world set as a finite collection of places also means you will have to streamline your approach to playing. If I were playing the game the way you seemingly want to, first thing I would do is set very specific goals and literally throw out everything not related to those goals. I'd be very focused on collecting ores and resources for making better armor, tools, and weapons, and I'd be destroying everything "whimsical" unless it was particularly cool.

The best thing is that with this newest version, you can do both. You can create one Adventure world for use with a particular character and approach that like a "real world" with all the give and take such an approach requires, and you can have another character who freely hops around the dimensions building fantastic mansions full of weird armors and columns you've found across the universe.

Ultimately it comes down to finding something that amuses you.