Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I pretty much said that like 7 post ago, lol. :p

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same here at first I thought the tapping would get annoying but it hasn't, now I just know exactly how many taps it takes with a tool to break a block and I'm fine with it this way. If anything it would slow down the pace having to release and hold on each brick, so for me I'm sticking with the tapping.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes you did, but it was a general comment, I was trying to point out to the three specific people that posted after the developer announced this, that the update will be coming at some point. Thank you for adding to conversation.

I was also trying to point out that this ridiculous argument about the tapping mechanics should cease. Let the dev make choices and you make choices based on what he implements. From what I see, the hold to tap will be an option, so like it or don't, use it or don't. No sense arguing something in the abstract since we really don't know what it is that will end up in some future version.

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I assumed those posters had read the post from the developer saying that he was going to implement a 'hold' (rather than 'tap') option, but that he was going to penalise players for choosing this option by making it slower than tapping.

Anyway, a question about the game: is there any way to see the name of items I have in my inventory?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #485 syntheticvoid, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
    that magnifying glass, tap on it, then tap on an item..

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Thanks!

Another few questions:
    When I hold rather than tap an item, it gets a green border - what's this for?
    When I put my pickaxe in one of the 5 squares on the right, it gets a tiny orange squiggle to the bottom left of the icon - does this mean it's equipped?
    Is there any disadvantage to turning 'Peaceful Mode' on?

7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    1) If you have multiple sets of the same item, this will combine them. Or, if the item is consumable, it will consume one.
    2) The bar represents the durability left on the tool. When that runs out, one of them will break.
    3) The only disadvantages would be that you can't get certain achievements that require you to kill enemies, and farming green goo would be slower (I believe they can still drop from pots or something, though). If you've already gotten all of the achievements for killing enemies, then no, peaceful mode won't affect you in a negative fashion. You can always turn it on later too.

8. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Touche :cool:

I take it the devs didn't make it an emergency update (or something like that).

9. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just found some Egyptian ruins deep underground and picked up some triangular objects that the game called puramids. When I went back to the castle I'm trying to build I found that when I held the pyramid and touched an empty space flowers sprung up! I made a load of flowers and then the pyramid disappeared. Anyone else found this? And can you do something similar to produce trees?

I've also learnt how to make a chandelier, green blob torch and 'tuffett' (a piece of furniture) in the past half hour!

10. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    The flower ocurring thing is a bug. You should head to the official forums there is a lot of stuff listed

11. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Finally found the recipe for making beds. Omg did I need that badly, didn't realize how important a static spawn point was.

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Is there a guide to this game? I'm all for exploration and discovery but there's a fine line between genuine difficulty and frustration, and thus I have no idea what's going on or what I'm meant to do or any of the game mechanics.

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I noticed that the achievement notifications in JJ stopped after awhile. I checked Game Center and I had gotten some new achievements, but the game never told me. Has anyone else had this issue?

14. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    My house is completely made of glass !

Also I seem to have accidentally discovered the correct conditions for livestock to spawn in my living room !

Maybe my greenhouse is helping ! Lol ;-)

15. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Apple hurry up and approve the patch already!

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    How do you make the bed the spawn point?

To the poster with the Egyptian pyramid - I found one too but as with most things I don't quite know what to do with, it is sitting on a shelf in my Great Hall.

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Sorry, I was mixing updates (one is submitted - emergency bug fix; one is not - the tapping, holding, to dig options) in my response. Didn't mean to be confusing.

To see the items - touch them so they are highlighted with the white border. Then go to the lower right and hit the magnifying glass. If you keep that selected you can scan through your items and see what they are.

18. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Look on the first post of this thread - there is a link to the beginner's guide which helps out a lot.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just place the bed then touch it. Then it says spawn moved.

20. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Excellent. Thank you.

I used to just spawn at my forge - when or how is this different? Can it save me from the dark? Or trapped underground?