Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #641 devensega, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    Junk Jack exits to the home screen now when I try to add recipes to the book. I have an iphone 4 latest FW, not jailbroken.

Edit, Its just the one craft note #84. the other 2 (had three) went in fine.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Well my 3 disappeared. They showed up on the screen when I pressed them but when I added them to the book the book won't open anything. It won't open at all.

3. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Are you trying with old book? Because you can trash it now and just use the button beside map..

4. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Updates. No issues for me on iPhone 4s. Like the new craft book, even if I have to refund the recipes =)

I noticed a small bug that may be on your fix-it list. Sometimes the graphic for the item in the quick bar "sticks" even after you use the item. You can put something over it, but the graphic is still stuck until you exit and come back in. Doesn't affect usability only looks.

5. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes but I want the achievement

6. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Yes, what's going to happen to that achievement of finding pages for the craftbook?

7. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I had this, I just saved/restarted and the graphic was back to normal.

8. Pixbits

Aug 2, 2011
    It's still valid, there are many pages to be discovered as before.. just a basic set is shown!

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm not sure if this happened in the last version, but now if I hold down on a block, the item I'm holding is flung out of my hands... Normal?

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yep, it's always been that way. Haven't figured out if there's a practical use for throwing things, but it's normal.

/makes note to throw dirt clods at spiders next time I play...

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok I found another note - I didn't have my craft book in my hand, I read the note and it disappeared. So that is what is happening, not that they are not added to my book. They are just POOF disappearing. Do they still count to finding them? Will I ever get that achievement or will it be a stain?

Add: or am I supposed to drag the new notes to the book on the bottom panel now? How do we collect the notes without them disappearing? And why do they disappear?

12. Pixbits

Aug 2, 2011
    When it disappears and opens it is added to the craftbook available through the button in the lower left part of the screen.. you discover the page and add it to the book.

13. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ah ok so it goes to that book and the one we made you can't open for anything now?

How many notes do we have to find for that achievement?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awesome thanks!

15. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Might I recommend adding a few more testers across a wide variety of devices? I bought this on release day and still can't play it. First from te crash, then the block breaking glitch. I really want to play this :(

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I can confirm that note #84 causes a crash when you go to add it. And fwiw, I thank you for finding the bug first because when I saw the note number I made sure to save first.

17. Pixbits

Aug 2, 2011
    This problem is not related to devices variety, the fact is that, thanks to an Apple bug of Xcode (that is the tool we use to develop Junk Jack) we have to use a newer version to send the game to the Apple for reviewing but not to develop it or send it to our testers. That new version of Xcode mostly causes something strange related to how the location of the tap are handled by the device, thus generates an incompatibility with older devices.

We'll find a way to fix it though, don't worry, I'm sorry for these troubles.. the main problem is that developing through Apple means having a slower way to interact with you in terms of bugfixes or critical updates. That's a shame but it is the only way we are allowed to proceed :(

18. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    please fix this bugs in the new update.

19. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Ah yes, that must be quite a problem, and it sure doesn't help that Apple's approval system can be very temperamental. Either way, best of luck with the game, I can't wait to try it out!

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    iPhone 4 16GB ios 5.01 not jailbroken with Spanish settings: no problem breaking the blocks here either (at least the two I've tried)