Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] Have you vote?

ONE LAST DAY to make JUNK JACK become Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

[thread=112918]VOTE HERE[/thread]

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I was going to do that, but lost the book in a subsequent crash. :(

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Speechless...

So awesome

4. AMIDAMARU01

AMIDAMARU01 New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    #724 AMIDAMARU01, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Massive issues

I still experience crashes now and then when randomly digging or even opening craft pages sometimes crash my game client, also the "unstuck" button seems useless , when i did get trapped inside of a block when i died and was re-spawned in said rock, the unstuck button remained gray(i assume that means unusable) and when pressed did nothing ended up deleting that world and trying again only to have a similar crash end my client and when i reloaded my entire world was deleted and restarted as if i never played before yet i hit continue not new game..... definitely deleting at this point until some fix comes along....sad to, such a great game it ate away hours of my day i got so absorbed...and built so much >.< I'm Running it on Ipod:4g OS:5.0

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wish I thought of that before deleting it after seeing if using it would crash the game. :(

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Eagerly (but patiently) awaiting 1.03 update :D

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

If I could go back in time and change my vote to JJ, I totally would!!!

I'm having such a good time with this wonder. Best $3 ever :D.

Or was it $4?

Meh who cares.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yeah, the statues are really nifty. I actually saw 4 different kinds already, but lost 2 parts of a new one after a crash. :(

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just had a thought that if the devs are possibly going to update it in future to make the worlds near infinite how will this effect the allready build worlds we have now?

On another note I'm seriously addicted to junk jack still the past few days I haven't even done any mining, I've just been rebuilding my town/house and the surrounding area. Love it.

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    finally played for a bit and i do agree with people who said that there is a lot of taping, update where you can just tap and hold to do stuff is definitely welcome.

11. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    We agree too :D Hold to break blocks is being tested right now!

12. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Wow, after about 3 more hours Junk Jack feels like its completely opened up to me. Loving this game, I've done some light mining, not too much building yet, but having a great time! The stuff you guys have built is SICK! :cool:

Note to Pixbits, others have mentioned a recipe causing game to crash to springboard, I found it, its note #84.

No biggie, I have yet to loose anything. *cross fingers*

13. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    They have taken note of that, no pun intended.

Remember to check out the forum if you are enjoying things: http://forum.pixbits.com/index.php

Feel free to pop in and just say hi or stick around awhile and help the community out

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    How about a jack hammer? Or a tool to like plow through lines of blocks?

Now THAT would be cool!

Yes, another one to be counted amongst the converted! Welcome to the club!

15. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Cool, I havn't seen (here at least) that the acutal note number was known, no biggie.

Yeah I'm loving this game, I don't know about being a convert, I always could see the potential of Junk Jack (that's why I never left this conversation despite being mostly alone in my opinions), I'm just super excited that Pixbits helped newcomers capitlize on it and really find the marvel in this style of game.

Things I'm really loving about Junk Jack:

1) The beginning guide sets up the "logic" of this world, now experimenting makes sense, I have a general idea of how to approach the craft system and item exploration. Being told up front how to place blocks/items was also immensely helpful. No doubt they nailed the "confusion" issue with the last update.

2) The art style. Wow, this world really is beautiful with a great pixelated retro appeal. So many different textures and incredible light effects, really gives my mines a luminous and ominous feeling, love that.

3) The music and sounds, they add a very satisfying and engrossing element to Junk Jack. Really pulls me in.

Some things I wonder about and would love to see:

Are resources finite? For example if I harvest all the trees will I never see more in my word? I would love to see resources regenerate (like trees re-spawn and coal and other items randomly come back). It would make re-exploring my mine incredibly fun. Sure they would have to balance it carefully and not make things come back too fast, but dang, it could be really cool too. I know "gardening" is coming, so maybe we'll see a very cool "grow and harvest" cycle gameplay element added. I do know that I can visit my other worlds and just harvest those, and I'm quite fine with that, but to me that breaks the contiguity of my "home world."

As others have noted a looped world would be cool.

Real-time 24-hour day. Maybe some would be off on this, I do like the day/night cycles, but how cool could it be if that in my JJ world its the same time as in the real world.

Frankly there is SO MUCH to do and I've enjoyed myself already doing next to nothing that really I can't complain. My God the level of content here now that I see what some of the items can be crafted then built into is is staggering. Still so much to explore and build, Pixbits has done an incredible job with Junk Jack, wow. :D

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Devensaga reported it as 84, I confirmed his report when it hit me, so, yes, it has been reported here ;)

Over on the official forums they explained that 84 is a junk note that shouldn't be in the game, but since it is, if you go to add it, thing go boom.

For now, the world's are static although the devs notes show plans to make them more dynamic through updates.

My solution is to keep world 3 as my very temporary world. If I need more trees/leaves/coal, I delete and respawn world 3 and go run through and collect what I need and then go back to world 1 (where I "live") or world 2 (where I'm exploring so deep I have no idea where the surface is).

17. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Minecraft is out, and its severely limited to say the least. Sticking with Junk Jack, its considerably more fun at this point.

18. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    :eek::eek:

19. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    And again it crashed and lost all inventory and recipes.
    This has not happened to me before the update,and now twice already.
    I really love this game ,but this is taking a big chunk out of the fun for me.

20. Speedrope

Speedrope Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Junk Jack noob here ...

Can anyone give me hints on item management ... I've only been playing for maybe 2 hours and I'm having fun just exploring and destroying things but my inventory has filled up pretty quickly and the only things I really crafted at this point are torches and new tools (shovel, pickaxe, sword) that eventually break after use. I don't wanna throw anything away but want room in my bag for new items I come across ... am i missing something?