Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Only the note 84 should crash the game.. we checked the code and the problem was that note :)

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I know about that one, thanks to the posters here and destroy it every time I find one... But he mentioned that he had two - copies of the same one?

Someone said earlier that there was another - 50-something, just making sure. I'd hate to lose my items again...

3. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    It's not only that note that crashes the game.Both crashes i had since the update were while i had no note in my inventory,was just taking stuff out of chests.Also no notes in that chests.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There are known issues that result in other crashes apart from the notes - the note-related ones the user can avoid, though.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Argh! Any chance of being able to play are own music while playing? I just tried to play some Christmas songs while playing and it doesn't work :-(

6. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    crafting should be also be possible with just tap and hold, if you need to craft really a lot of common stuff it's just too much tapping.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    On the fence for this one, but I think I´ll wait until the next update hits.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    SHOVE - Ok you are off the fence now - GET IT

9. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    What device do you have? If you have a iTouch2g or an iPhone3g i suggest you waiting for the next patch :)

10. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Grab it, with the new tutorial you'll quickly grasp the logic of Junk Jack and will be set up for some serious enjoyment. There really is lots of content here and its fun that you can explore and unravel the experience as you see fit.

Its an incredible experience.

11. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I don't see why you'd have to wait for an update for this. It's a complete game.

12. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    I'm on an iPhone4, so I should be fine. Although those crash reports do bug me a bit. :)

13. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    It is an amazing game!Despite some issues i may have i can't stop playing.
    It's the only game i played on my iphone since it came out.In fact i played it a bit more as Skyrim right now and that's quite something.If you feel slightly attracted to this just get it,it's totally worth it.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Give me your numbers and I'll fax you a couple. ;)

McD's still has the free small coffee going on this week, stop by there for break and play some Junk Jack while you enjoy your coffee. :p

15. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Do resources have a respawn timer, or do I need to create another farming account? I chopped all my trees down, then died and lost all the wood in my inventory. Lawl.

16. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Ohhh, you can't? :(

I hate when devs don't support iPod music in the background... :(:(:eek::(

17. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I shouldn't even joke. I haven't had a crash yet, so no need to build up bad forum karma, right? :D

18. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    This game is pure 10/10 class!

If the devs are listening, please bring us universal binary for native iPad support..!!

19. bry4n

bry4n Member

Dec 20, 2009
    I give Junk Jack 11/10! I didn't really enjoy terraria but this game, Junk Jack, dang I'm mining everywhere and I actually enjoy it, I haven't even start building anything, all I do is mine mine mine lol, I feel like a real miner in the game, always trying to find something new.

Questions though -

Will there ever be seeds where we can plant and grow trees (and other plants)? I'm out of trees now and don't know how long I have to wait until I see some again lol

When will there be quests? That's what I'm excited about the most!

11/10, seriously, if you're thinking about buying this, don't think and do it! You won't regret it :) Even if you have never played minecraft or terraria, you will still enjoy this game very much.

Thank you for making this game!

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No, you can play it just fine IF you start the game while your own audio is already playing. It does suffer from the very common oversight that if you launched the game first, then it squashes your attempts at playing your own audio until you kill and relaunch the game, but otherwise it works fine. I didn't even hear the note of the game music for the first two days since this is the perfect game to play while listening to podcasts.