Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Door:

N:Nail
    P:plank

[N][P][ ]
    [P][P][ ]
    [N][P][ ]

2. electroman12

electroman12 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Ah, yes! Thank you so much! I didn't realize the blueprint changed! Thanks! :D

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    In the future it'd be nice if maybe you could choose in setting to display backup button on the actual game screen, not the pause screen, I hate pressing pause and backing up, it seems like a huge nuisance, even though it's only a few seconds, probably because junk jack is so good you don't want to leave it for a second, bu I think it'd be good if there were a backup button in the top left hand corner, but to avoid accidentally presses, maybe make it so you have to press it twice, or hold it down for a second,
    Like a little square button with doors, when you press it once the doors open, and press it twice and it backups.

4. Cb_jeep@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2011
    The average player will not know there is a bug that will eat all their loot.

The average player will not know what the back up button does.
    *i thought maybe had something to do with iCloud...

The average player is not going to know what "restore items" means.

The way it's set up now, you will not what these do until the bug steals your loot and you learn the hard way like I did... And that's only if you google what happened to see if you can get all your stuff back.....

So if your reading this post cuz you lost your items and want them back... Sorry its all gone... You were suppose to press pause, press save, then press back up, then go to then menu screen, Select options, And then hit restore items... Duh!

Didn't you see the warning about how you could loose all your items at the beginning of the game? And that the game told you that you should press pause, save your game, then press back up which saves your items incase the game deletes them on you.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I have to say WOW about the new update. After updating I deleted my world and started again from nothing, and it's like playing a whole new game. There's so much new content.
    Im loving the new animals and the ability to plant trees.
    Great work on a fantastic update devs.

6. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I just encountered my first present boxes and I have to say that finding them gave me this warm, happy glow. Everything is just so adorable. <3

I truly hope that the holiday present items still spawn after 1.0.4, even as very rare drops from digging or chests. Could someone confirm whether we lose the holiday present items after this update? I'd hate for that to happen since I'm so in love with them.

7. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #1267 nesio718, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    can anyone help with making a chest. ive tried widgets and nails, wood and ores(as shown below). i dont get a silhouette in the box of the item that will be crafted. seems like i can only make small ones. is this a bug?

edit: walked around and saw i was standing by the anvil and forge....but not by the workbench. made myself some iron chests!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have the paper on how to make the Metal Chest......and im getting nowhere. please help. im about to switch worlds(just learned i can) and go pillage the earth for more xmas stuff.

i found a mini xmas tree, candy cane, and some ornaments. so far i cant do a thing with them.

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I think i'm going to update my iPod to 4.2 just for this? It's been a while since I felt this way about an iDevice game xP

It's gonna be quite the change, since I need to back up all my data (jailbroken) and jailbreak it again in 4.2. lol.

9. AlteaineDranix

Nov 8, 2011
    nesio718: I think you can use the ornaments, such as the lights and the balls, to decorate spruce trees.

10. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Well, I took out my 30 gold lumps, as my weapons were getting used. I went over to the forge, and GOT MY FIRST CRASH. Didn't lose my main inventory, as I had just finished putting things in chests :), but I lost my gold. BTW the crash happened where I brought up the craft menu, but I couldn't exit. It looked like it was stuck in a loop or something. Then, after about thirty seconds, the game crashed.

11. Hamses

Hamses Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I've noticed most of my crashes happen around the chest/workbench area. Which makes sense bc they say 90% of crashes happen within a short distance from home... ;) I've had 4 in my first night playing, and 3 happened when clicking around my chests.

This is really a fun game, I'm very impressed and pleased with the purchase. If i can be of assistance in any way in debugging the crash issues, message me. Thanks.

12. Cb_jeep@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2011
    My crashes are close to home. Normally I open my inventory and the game glitches out and sound like my inventory is being opened and closed really fast over and over then after 30 sec CraSH.

When I restart, jack is stuck in the middle of a glitch screen where theres only rocks on the top right 1/4 of the screen. You can't do anything but delete the world... That is unless you read this forum and learnt how to back up and restore your world/items.... ... ... . .

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    New update just came out!

14. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    #1274 Pixbits, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Ye, we managed to slip another update. Jack changed the way worlds are loaded and saved, now it's less eye candy but a lot more robust :D

Plus some others small bug fixes!

15. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    So, I was playing for a while today, and the game crashed. When I went back in, all the progress I had made since I had last exited the game was gone, which is to be expected, but also everything that I had had in my inventory, which wasn't much, was gone. All the stuff in my chests were still there, but from my inventory, nothing. I kind wish the game would autosave at certain points, not just when you exit as I get caught up playing and forget to save.

16. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    Want "first step"

Just launch the game achievement "firststep" please and to be able to win.

17. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Perhaps you could directly address the major crashing and data loss issues instead of side-stepping around them by putting out "small bug fixes"? I'm sure many would appreciate this...

18. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    #1278 Pixbits, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    This is what this update was meant for. Do you think we care hurrying a small update to care about unnecessary fixes?

We are not side-stepping anything, crashes just decreased with every patch and it will until everything will work fine. This is as EVERY software product.

The load/save part has been rewrote specifically to avoid corruption and loss of inventory/world. So yes, we did exactly what are sarcastically pointing out.

EDIT: oh yes, we also added a guide to how to backup world and inventory (to avoid any kind of loss), you can see it in level choose view.. we did it because you pointed out that indeed backup procedure wasn't clear :)

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hehe someone didn't read the update description before coming here moaning.

Well I for one thank you for the updates. This game is my game of the year, it just keeps getting better and better. With the last big update I started my whole game again and now I've got a new little village of separate huts instead of the huge castle I'd built before. I love this game.

20. AlteaineDranix

Nov 8, 2011
    The new guide for backing up data is simple and well-explained and it should hopefully decrease data loss from not knowing about the back-up system. I thought Pixbits was on vacation until next year, so I wasn't expecting any update at all until then, so thank you.

Speaking of bugs, there's a couple of minor ones I encounter every once in a while. One of them is that the camera button disappears when I use the zoom out function. The other one is that when I craft an item and place it in a hotkey, it still shows the icon even after it's been removed from my inventory. I can't really duplicate these and they're easily fixed by restarting the app.