Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That's not a bug, the camera is on a 5 minute cool down after you use it (another thing that's not clear by the in-game interface). I'm not entirely sure why it's on a limited use basis since the fact they use a camera for the icon would seem to imply it's for taking cool screen shots of your stuff and being limited to one every five minutes doesn't make sense, but there you go.

2. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #1282 AlteaineDranix, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Oh! I was unaware of that. Thank you for the correction.
    That's a curious decision, however. The zoom out function is the only way you can properly locate yourself relative to the world, so it's integral to building and exploration. Is there any chance the cool down can be removed?

Also, the hold to break feature works wonderfully. The incessant tapping was the one thing preventing me from playing this for hours on end.

3. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Does anyone know how to craft a skull? I have goo, upper skull and skull mandible, but how do I have to put them together?

4. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I had this problem. Are you sure you have the correct "goo"? You need the one that comes from snails...

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  6. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I think the other thing may be intended, also. When you have materials that will successfully craft in your craft box, a translucent version of what will be the result appears in the lower right corner. Is this what you're talking about?

7. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    I love this game so much.

I like put in around 5 hours today and I'm still going..

LOL..

Addictionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

8. NLjaan

NLjaan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Because that would take the exploring aspect out of the game.

9. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    You can't explore without light!

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I just found a Mushroom Middle. Is that a new statue? Of course, you can all guess that I haven't finished even one yet! I got all excited when I saw this thinking it was a third piece to one I needed but in the end it is something new (to me at least) and perhaps the game in this update?

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just downloaded the LE version when I noticed it required iOS 4.2... which means it don't run on 2nd gens... :(

12. Pbarillas

Pbarillas Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    For the people who cant find snow, If you want to see snow make a new file and find the biome.

Reply if it worked.

Your welcome.;)

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Snow is on the surface of any new world I create but haven't found any underground area.

What I also found, in addition to that mushroom statue piece were two pieces of a chest that apparently has a huge amount of storage! It's three pieces you put together to make this special chest.

14. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    No. After I've crafted the item, moved it to one of my hotkeys and used up all of that item, it still remains in its hotkey. Replacing it with another item sometimes fixes it, though.

NLjaan: I think of the zoom out function as a mini-map more than anything else. It mostly just helps me with landscaping the world, not getting lost and seeing where I've explored and where I haven't.
    If the unexplored areas weren't obscured, then I would agree that it removes the exploration aspect.

15. Guywithahat

Guywithahat Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I also found some of the prices of this chest, I found the outer prices but not the middle :(
    No Idea where to find it .

16. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I have a 2nd gen iPod too! Yay! a similar person in this dark world of Open GLES 2.0 graphics and incompatibility for this iDevice!

Okay, that was a joke peoples, don't blow off your smokestacks.

17. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    2nd gen iPods support up to iOS 4.2.1, just update your device and you'll be able to play on 2nd gen (that is fully supported) :)

18. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I've cut down all the trees in my world, where to get wood now? :(

19. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Okay, is anyone else experiencing more crashes from the latest update? Because before the update, I had like only 1-2 crashes, but now it's been like 5 or more crashes in the same spot.

20. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Could you tell us where they do happen exactly? So that we're going to fix them as soon as possible for next update.

Actually we fixed many of them but new ones seem to appear at every moment.. the complexity of the engine really makes debugging somewhat difficult! :(

Just as a side question: does it still corrupt worlds/inventory or it just crashes? Because we changed the structure of loading/saving procedure to be more robust..