Kairosoft's NEW GAME Coming Soon (the maker of Game Dev Story)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bdragonst, Apr 20, 2011.

1. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    That is awesome. I love Kairosoft.

2. a0me

a0me Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Just saw this on Kairosoft's Twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/Kairosoft)

3. kimdoocheol

kimdoocheol Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    That is good news.

I think KS is releasing these games slowly to get "max value." However, I am still bit confused why they would release GPS on Android first and release PS2 and the dept store sim before an English release. Depressing...........................................

4. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    They probably release it in japanese first because their more popular in the japanese Market, let's not forget that they are a japanese company, and are probably more established there. My guess anyway :)

5. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    I suppose. I know it is defo easier to port and there isn't any localization. I just don't see why they wouldn't work on making an even amount of releases for everyone, as it seems like most of their games have been widely welcomed everywhere. It would space the games out pretty well and everyone would be happy. It is really depressing to see Android and Japan get 3 games, 2 of which aren't translated and one isn't for our OS.

ARGH!!! I hope by updates they do not mean adding GC for HSS.

EDIT: However, even if they did have access to a translated version there is no way they would release them all at once.

6. Theassassinator

Feb 11, 2011
    I see where your coming from, i suppose its a question that only kairosoft can answer.., but i think it would be better if they made a game in japanese, and then localize the same game, rather than moving on to the next japanese game..:/

7. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    That is exactly what I am saying. I'm still in shock that Android got GPS before we did, however, it seems like jp got GPS to their Android OS too. So no shocker there, however, the releases were so close together that it makes me think that KS has these game stockpiled and just starts to release new ones once sales start to die down on one of the games.

8. Theassassinator

Feb 11, 2011
    Hmm, that may be the case, good point. The thing that surprises me is that the translated games on iOS hasn't got a game since february, now if GPS comes out in japan and the translated version in a close time, i wonder why they are taking so long to translate a game for the iOS, surely one would be done by now. However, the twitter status is reassuring.

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I can think of lots of possible reasons. Here are two big ones:

1. Releasing on Android sooner/faster might be easier because of the lack of an approval process.

2. Since they previously had zero Android games, and already had some iOS games, they might put a higher priority on releasing their first Android game than on releasing their third iOS game, so as to get a presence in both markets.

10. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    Android has more phones too, so I think there are more compatibility issues than developing for a few devices. I was wondering if it had to deal with iOS5, but don't these teams get devkits for that kind of stuff early?

And while I agree with that, I also find some problems w/ that logic. They got HSS and GDS relatively fast, but still after iOS. It seems from a business stand point that they would crank out these games to the devices that have been waiting the longest. Also, the game for GPS is translated... I cannot believe that the approval process is taking this long for GPS. I'm starting to wonder if we will even get GPS on iOS. It seems like the jp market doesn't even have GPS on iOS.

I am staying hopeful that something comes soon, and the tweet is reassuring, but like I said it is disappointing that KS is very shady about release dates/about the way they have been releasing games.

11. Xupmatoih

Xupmatoih Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Kairosoft seens to be playing GDS in Real Life, lol.

12. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    Haha, so true. Ahh~ I've been playing Tiny Towers until then. It is fun, but not as fast paced. Errr, so upsetting. I really want to play PS2 or the dept store sim. Idk why, but GPS doesn't seem as appealing compared to those two.

13. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Just build a subway station under my mall :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Civ2boss

Civ2boss Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Web Developer
    NYC
    #94 Civ2boss, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Have you played Sim Tower before? Is it very similar to that game?

I had hoped Tiny Tower was more like Sim Tower but it's still a pretty ok game.
    I like Sim Tower more though because I don't have to wait so much.
    I wish the Sim Tower iOS game released in Japan would be translated to English too.

15. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    #95 kimdoocheol, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    I'm guessing you haven't progressed too far in Tiny Tower? I think there is a ton to do. I'm constantly evicting people, bringing people up the elevator in an effort to get cash, and restocking shelves. Granted it is sort of "busy work," but it seems like there is almost too much to do. it is overwhelming when you get a bunch of stores... you constantly restock and try to keep 3 items on the shelves. I had to turn notifications off b/c so many would pop up.

hey, to the guy who had Back to the Future from iPad on his iPhone. Have you tried playing Towers on the iphone? Yoot Tower on the iPhone sounds amazing.

16. Civ2boss

Civ2boss Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Web Developer
    NYC
    Yeah I played it a lot yesterday, but I'm still only 7 levels high. That's the part that I dont like, the micromanaging. I mean it's a fine game, I had fun so far, but with all the kairosoft games, and with sim tower, you didn't really have to micromanage. The style is just different, and I prefer the second style.

17. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    I'm not a fan of time based games either, I just think like w/ any time based game, eventually there is too much to manage. In the case of this game, that happens fairly quickly. After you save up 50towerbux and build the tower up it seems like you can constantly and consistently do the things I mentioned above w/o any break whatsoever. I think that is why it is fun. Although, I wish it would bring some KS elements into it like compatibility and leveling up stores w/ items.

Anyways, I wonder if Yoot Tower would work on the iPhone using the same trick as mentioned earlier from the guy who put Back to the Future on his iPhone. I remember hearing about this before, but never had the time to try it. If I get time this weekend, I might do it, unless someone else has already tried to do this? Towers is so awesome.

18. nicodemus82

Tiny Tower is a fun game but I'm loving this Kairosoft one a lot more. There just seems to be way more to do and just when you think you've seen/unlocked everything it surprises you with new stuff.

I did try Yoot Tower on my iPod a while back and it installed and worked fine, however the screen didn't scale to fit the iPod and I had no idea how to change that, so it made the game unplayable.

19. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Well according to brad's twitter a new game is about to hit the app store.

20. nicodemus82

I would think it's probably going to be GPS since it's already translated.