Kairosoft's NEW GAME Coming Soon (the maker of Game Dev Story)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bdragonst, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Link please?

2. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
  3. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Thanks! Please be true....fingers crossed!

4. Civ2boss

Civ2boss Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Web Developer
    NYC
    Awesome! I saw on their official english site (http://kairopark.jp/iphone/en/) the next game announced is...Pocket Academy! Can't wait!

I hope they put out the Grand Prix Stories one soon after too though!

5. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I think game dealer would be translated soon though. It has that english folder inside.

Grabbed the kairosoft mall game :p Hope it will be translated soon...

6. fruit

fruit New Member

Jun 26, 2011
    They have to definately make Simtower clone for iPod/iPhone. Department store story seems quite close.

7. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    If the game was to come out, Expect it to be this Wednesday/Thursday or next Sunday.

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Why?

9. kimdoocheol

kimdoocheol Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I think b/c KS has a history of releasing games on Sunday and most other games are released Wed or Th

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I know that. I was asking why as to how he knows that it will be THIS wed/thurs or NEXT Sunday.

11. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    Maybe you should've said that originally.

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I don't, But with all the rumors that it will be this week i stated as to what days it would come out on if it was this week.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I don't think you can compare GDS to Tiny Tower. I thought Tiny Tower is a silly kids game btw, there is no challenge to it - you just restock shops, lift people up the elevator and look for Waldo. Then just wait & repeat. You can't fail, you can only stop making money until you restock which is just a couple of clicks and involves zero strategy. That's why I thought it was dull, as again, no challenge at all and no negative consequences to anything. GDS required you to make decisions that actually effected if you progressed or not. GPS looks awesome to me, I really hope they port it to iOS and hopefully to the iPad as well, I prefer playing on the iPad's large screen over the iPhone.

14. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    I was saying it is a nice distraction for the time being. But both of the games fall in a similar genre, however, the objectives are of course different. I would argue that it is more like HSS minus the time frame. Honestly all TT would have to do is add a capped time limit, compatability, and it is pretty god-dang similar. It isn't the best, but it is definitely something I think others who enjoy KS might enjoy.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I actually deleted Tiny Tower after trying it out in a pretty solid manner (built 10 floors) - because the game is devoid of any sort of challenge, you can't screw up. You just need to run through the motions of stocking up and that's pretty much it. No hard decisions to be made. I think you can't compare it to Game Dev Story at all, where you had to think about your next move - this is what made it such an interesting game. The fact that you can actually fail is what makes a game a game.

I played Grand Prix Story last night on a friend's Android phone. What a fantastic game! I started at around 11:30pm and next time I looked at the clock it was 2:30am! It constantly throws new things at you and requires some tough decisions. The only minus I saw with it is that it is very easy to maintain a budget: after the first few wins, I was making millions and spending thousands. And I would spend as much as possible. The only real issue was with allocating Tech Points for developing a better car & team. Still, a great game, it was a ton of fun to view those races which gave good feedback on your behind the scenes doings. Dare I say it, I enjoyed it a lot more than Game Dev Story! I hope it is ported quickly for the iPhone/iPad.

16. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I reached 22 floors before setting the game aside permanently, and from floor 14 or so I was really only going through the motions. It's repetitive, challenge-free, and ultimately pointless, although initially also highly addictive.

Contrary to the earlier post, Hot Springs Story is also markedly different from TT, and not just due to time limits. It has goals to work towards, success or failure stem from your own efforts (unlike TT's success-or-slightly-slower-success model), the NPCs actually have some life to them, and the game gives the player a far greater opportunity to personalise their environment.

Kairosoft's department store game looks to be a far more charismatic and engaging take on the tower theme, as well as being an actual game, not just a virtual tower-aquarium.

17. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    I'm not going to argue with your experience about the game, but honestly, the only reason those tough decisions come out is because of the time frame.

If you play any of the KS games just for fun and are not worrying about score, the games are very similar.

Objectives? I suppose that is what you play the KS games for. My experience with HSS was very similar to TT since it is impossible to get all the unlocks before year 17. I guess none of you played past the final year? I'm on year 35 on my HSS and i have two seperate files w/ the other one on 18. I kept cycling through to get the bath upgrades.

18. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I'm on year 120 on GDS and 53 on HSS :p

19. kimdoocheol

Jun 23, 2011
    your point? it isn't a competition and i'm probably past that w/ how many times i've played through.

20. Civ2boss

Civ2boss Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Web Developer
    NYC
    I think they were commenting on your, I assume rhetorical, question.