Universal Kelly [2.5D platformer]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ANIV, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Wilkes Booth

Wilkes Booth New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    #41 Wilkes Booth, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Game Impressions

I just dl'd the game, this is really great! very well done... I love the inventive level design, some sections (and maybe also the colours of the game) remind me a little of the battleship levels in Super Mario Bros 3. I just played through the first 5 levels, and will definitely come back to it later so I don't finish it too quickly...

I noticed you have another app called Cubeville in full 3D, and if you decide to make a Kelly 2 it would be awesome to play a 3D platform game along the lines of Mario 64... I've been looking for iOS games like that recently, also reading a bit in the forums, and it seems like there are still very few in the app store... I have a feeling a well made 3D platformer could do really well, and I'm pretty sure you could do it.

anyway getting a little off topic, but I'm looking forward to playing the rest of Kelly... the controls are perfect, and the levels look beautiful... very smooth gameplay. I really appreciate the economy of the game - you've basically got nothing in there that you don't need. the lack of storyline doesn't bother me at all... maybe something to think about if you do make a sequel, and it might help expand on the world, but a story is not really necessary with gameplay this good.

I gave Kelly 5 stars in the app store, and I hope more people play it... it's free now (used to cost .99?) so there is really no reason not to... this is a game I'll be keeping on my phone for a while, thanks!

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    You're making me want to play this again! I'll have to check out cubeville. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Wilkes Booth

Wilkes Booth New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    haha, I'm stoked on this game right now... I haven't actually tried Cubeville yet, it looks like kind of a world building game. not really my thing, but I noticed the dev was already making some games in full 3D, and I'm pretty sure Kelly 2 à la Mario 64 would be totally awesome...

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    After almost 2 years this incredible fun and challenging game has received an update.