Kill the Plumber - play as the plumber's enemies in this reverse Mario type game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by keybol, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Lol great idea for a game. Definitely have to pick this up.
    The world map/level selection screen looks awesome too.

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    You are the third person who has taken notice of the extremity of the word Kill, we are greatly considering renaming this game's title. Thanks a lot for your input.

3. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks a lot. The world map level select is a very recent addition when somebody commented in a news preview site that our level selection screen looks generic. So we'll change it to a world map. Keep your suggestions coming, we're reading each and everyone and getting it into our to-do list.

4. AccidentalRebel

AccidentalRebel Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Wow. That really does look difficult. Are there different solutions per level? Or is it just one?

5. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    In this video her solution is different from mine, it's actually a mix of skill, anticipation and pattern recognition. Much like games before. sometimes I see only one solution and then when I see players they get to find their own way to win the level.

6. jvfiel

jvfiel Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Game Developer
    Philippines
    #26 jvfiel, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Really stands out from all other super mario clone. I like the puzzles it's tricky. Will there be luigi look a like too? lol :D Also will there be an option where we can create/customize our own levels?

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    At first, I thought it looked like SO MANY of the games already out there....
    But, after reading the posts, I can see the originality, creativity, and uniqueness.

I am looking forward to this one.

When do you think it will be released?

Bravo!

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Super Kill the Plumber World Editor

Hehe there won't be a Luigi, only the red plumber is the real enemy. Check out Game Theorists video why.
    For level editor we will have it in the upcoming PC game via Steam, Super Kill the Plumber World Editor

9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks, by Q3 or Q4 of 2015 at the latest. We are adding more stuff as we speak, 6 more enemies, tons of new levels and world map.

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #30 keybol, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Adding more playable enemies and boss (Big Fish) and a new stage! underwater![​IMG]

11. jvfiel

jvfiel Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Game Developer
    Philippines
    Stuck at level 12 any tips? LOL. Anyway can't wait for the launch. Nice game!

12. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    This game looks great. Sort of the same take on Mario parodies like Spoiler Alert where you played backwards. Except that this game is really not like that at all. But still, just the concept is interesting enough, but the gameplay videos look great. I'm here if you need testers.

Also you spoke of Game Theory, so we're friends now.

13. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Haha you like Game Theory too, friends it is, nice to meet you.

14. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Take the shortcut! you get an achievement too!

15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Here's the official trailer!

16. AccidentalRebel

AccidentalRebel Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Hey, good job with the new trailer! It's definltely more grander. :)

17. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

I've been beta testing this game for quite a while now and I must admit it's one of the most unique takes in the genre! Looking forward to more levels. :)

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played the first 12 levels so far, and i gotta say this game is GENIUS. Without spoiling anything, this isnt what you'd normally expect, it's actually a puzzle game in which you figure out how to get rid of "the protagonist" using whatever limited minions or obstacles you have in the stages. And the implementations are just smart.

Really looking forward to this game's release. So far havent encountered any errors or possible bugs yet. Im just enjoying my playthrough so far.

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Pretty awesome game so far, I love playing the other side of the coin and there are some really creative levels here

20. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks Exact-Psience and dreadnok for trying out the beta via TestFlight. If you encounter any bugs or slowdowns or levels that need tweaking, don't hesitate to post it here or send it via pm. We're still improving it for the best experience. We're also adding more playable enemies, playable bosses (big fish, big bullet), plumber powers (flying), features (vines, underwater) to bring up the number of levels to 100!

If anyone else wants to try out the early version via TestFlight, just reply here.