Kill the Plumber - play as the plumber's enemies in this reverse Mario type game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by keybol, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I am very excited about this game.

It looks original and I like the parody aspect to it.

When is the expected release date?

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Release Date: July 23, 2015

Thank you! Expected release date is July 23, 2015. That is also my birthday!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice! Advanced happy birthday pare! Hopefully the game becomes successful!

4. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks pare! haha! hopefully, I am trying my best to get the word out and make the game as best as it can be.

5. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm ready to send invites of our latest build! This is about as close as the release version yet so please post your interest here in the thread then post or pm me your email.
    [​IMG]

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Definately interested!inwill be sending my email to you in just a moment.
    ;)

7. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Very interested as well, sending you my email now.

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks guys! I have sent invites!

9. #89 binlabu, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Hi Keybol !
    I very love your game and just play to end your game and i have something for you

1/ Bug UI or Restart Room Level 30 and sometime the Framerate is too slow ... 10-12 frame ... check the video to see and find out what happen with your framerate

2/ should add some title when begin a level room as number of Level ... add some life or energy or heart like candy crush saga do to limit player by times his die ... i think it will make your game better and harder .

And the end is all videos i play to level 48 , i recorded by my Ipad 4 and have some edit ( cut more than 100 die times :) ) .​

Video Gameplay Walkthrough level 1-36

Video Gameplay Walkthrough level 37-48

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you, we are already doing a lot of improvements and will consider your suggestions. We hope to upload a final build this month so keep those feedbacks comin!

11. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Thanks, so I loaded it up and played for a bit. First I love the art style and general idea. Mario on the NES was one of the first games I ever played so I have spent hundreds of hours on the many games in the franchise. Playing as the enemy and killing the plumber is so much fun. I didn't encounter any bugs during my first play through. I did get 3 stars on every level in the first 2 worlds fairly easily. So in that regard I am hoping the difficulty ramps up quite a bit as I advance. I will continue playing though and let you know how it goes. Easiness aside in the first two worlds this is one of the coolest games I have played in a long time.

12. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    It could be you are just an experienced platformer gamer, as some were more challenged even the in the earliest levels. There are 96 levels though and the bonus levels are unforgiving.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Have spent a little time with the game this weekend (not nearly as much as I liked though) and am really enjoying the game. This is a great twist on a model that everyone tries to copy....very refreshing change.

Controls are straight forward and having no issues.

Can't wait to play some more.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hey man... I got the notification for an update in Kill the Plumber's beta, but couldnt find the download in testflight. Was i removed from betA?

15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    You're still and always be included in the beta, I just had to switch to a new build 1.1.25 that I need to test with Internal Testers (no need for Apple's approval). Ok I activated version 1.1.24 and you should receive an invite again and the build available for download in your testflight.

16. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #96 keybol, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    testing and submitting versions 1.1.26 10:00 PM Philippines Time, version 1.1.24 will be available for beta in an hour from now
    Version 1.1.27 beta is now up, I have sent invites! HD graphics for iPhone 5 and up!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... This game is pretty solid.

Other than a few tweaks, i dont even know what to suggest for improvement coz the game's just near perfect at what it tries to do.

After a few rounds of thinking you've seen everything, the next level suddenly just throws something new at you. The mechanics are endless, and i think that's one of the strongest suits of Kill the Plumber.

18. jvfiel

jvfiel Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Game Developer
    Philippines
    I'm loving the new updates! great stages, it's challenging :D

19. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you! We're still tweaking it as we speak. Even added Game Center so you can compare scores worldwide or with your friends. As the day of release comes nearer, we'll be improving every inch that we see.

20. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #100 keybol, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Hey guys, we are officially releasing Kill the Plumber under our new collaborative name: Teki Town. A lot of people do not know who the developers are behind Kill the Plumber like in another thread here of upcoming games our studio is still TBA and in PocketGamer referred to us as 'the team' .

So we decided it's time to officially announce our new studio name for people to easily identify with.

Teki Town is basically a community of passionate indie game developers all over the world where we welcome more devs into our team creating many awesome games! Teki in Japanese means enemy which is also related to Kill the Plumber. As enemies we need to sort out our differences so we can agree on to something and if you analyze that something, it should have to be really really good because clashing personalities agreed on it, right?

Who are in Teki Town?
    Keybol (Bari Silvestre) - indie game developer from the Philippines who made popular flash games like Splitman 1&2, Belial and Zombies vs Penguins series. His most popular to date is Pretentious Game for web, mobile and Steam.
    Izzy (Iskander Aminov) - awesome Russian artist game developer from US who has produced many hit games like 1 Screen Hero, Time Swap and many others.
    Zach Striefel - talented musician who has worked on popular games like LeeLee's Quest 1&2, Defenders Quest, Siegus Arena, Epic Boss Fighter 1&2 and many more!

That's it! If you would like to know more about us and our plans, please like studio page, http://www.facebook.com/tekitown

Oh, here's our logo created by Iskander Aminov. Looks really classy and classic right? Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]