Universal Kill the Plumber World (by Keybol)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 1, 2016.

1. bryanaustin112008

bryanaustin112008 New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Issue

Yes I am signed in to iTunes. All of my other games work fine, it just seems to be this particular one and I don't believe I have ever had it happen with any of my other games asking me to sign in as soon as I open the app.

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #42 pjft, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Wow, that was quick. The update seems to be live right now!

EDIT:

Ok, so either it's just me or the update, but I'm having a couple of questions here. Are buttons A and B not meant to do anything in the first few levels? Just want to confirm that. :)

Also, is tapping on (what seems to me like) the settings icon meant to generate a screenshot and an email?

Thanks!

3. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Not sure how that happens, the game shouldnt ask anything

4. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    A and B will be used for later enemies. The first ones dont have any abilities.

The gear icon in the title screen will become option in the future, for sharing, game center and more

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Cool! Having fun so far :)

A quick question to others, no need to tell me the solution, but has anyone been able to 3-star level 7?

6. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Don't worry, it's my fault. There should be a reminder text there that the 3-star timer only starts when you move.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I assumed knowing that was part of the challenge. :p

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    That's what I wanted at first. Then I observed it on the Youtube plays, many skipped on achieving 3 stars on so many levels thinking a 3 star was impossible due to a bug or bad design. If they only knew that timer only starts as soon as you move, they could have aimed for 3 stars from the start.

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Well, maybe if you make that more noticeable, you might not need an explanation.

As in, have the time show up speed, and when you move have it grow big for a moment (I.e. Font size) and make it a different color for the first second, and then turn it back to normal.

Maybe that will make it more noticeable :)

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Actually if you don't press any button, no star or timer appears since the beginning of the game. I guess the game requires too much of an action from the player, it's possible not to notice this

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I suppose that's a possibility :)

12. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #52 pjft, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Ok, I think I have understood now why it wasn't really as noticeable.

I never noticed the timer in the bottom - only the timer on top, for the levels where it's a countdown!

I honestly doubt I would have noticed that, and the stars showing up via them sliding in (given that it's a colored background) if you hadn't called it out.

I have no big ideas here :|

One thing I think Karoshi did a long time ago was, if you retried the same level several times, it would end up giving you a hint.

I do understand where metalcasket is coming from, and to be honest I think it's still a fun thing for people to figure out on their own, as long as they don't get frustrated.

metalcasket: how many times did you retry the level until you figured that the time only started counting when you moved? Just curious.

I personally retried it about 10-20 times before posting here, and I think that's probably a bit too much.

EDIT: I do have to say, I am loving this game way more than I should, and way more than I expected :D Well played!

13. drc23

drc23 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I really like this game and I got the update but I still lose my progress when I close out the game and restart. Iphone6 on ios 9.2.1. Do I need to do something specific to get it to save my progress?

14. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Awesome! Glad you like it.

15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Can you verify on the App Store Updates tab if it has fully updated? One noticeable change in versuon 1.0.2 is on levels 21 to 24 where the bomb has an explosion animation instead of just a white circle

16. drc23

drc23 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Appears to be fully updated. Now it saves my progress but only through the first five levels (first 15 stars) after I completed the first world with all the stars. It also does not give the achievement for completing world 1.

17. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I will check on that. My test went like this, beat any level and before the stars popup hit next level. Then I minimize the game by pressing home button. Then force close it by double tapping home and swiping it up. When i relaunch the game it is updated. May I ask for complete uninstall then go to the App Store and install it again?

18. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I have added achievements and leaderboards via Game Center!

And we are currently featured as Best New Games on the AppStore homepage!

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great!!! congrats keybol!

20. drc23

drc23 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I figured out the save problem I was having. It would not save my progress when I had only 300 mb free on my phone. I cleared some space and now that I have 1.2 gb free, I have no problem saving my progress.