Universal King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    despite your complaints I don't think they will change it :/ they have 2 more games in soft launch and both are free with more then 1 type of currency..

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Besides Cut the Rope 2, what is the other soft release?

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm pretty sure they'll not change a thing. There's a reason for going freemium. I just never thought it's gonna be Zeptolab's case too. But I get it. Just check the earnings reports of the most successfull games for iOS. It's all freemium crap full of multiple currencies, timers and rechargable energies. Unfortunatelly, it looks like there's still a lot of wealthy players with money (called whales) whom doesn't care about spending thousands of bucks for consumable IAPs. Until there's more players willing to pay for premium games, there'll be no change in it if profit is the developer's priority. That's the fact. To speak for myself, I'm complaining because I'm disappointed with Zeptolab's going freemium. I'm not expecting any changes for this game to come even though I'm still hoping for them. That's all.

4. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I love the idea of this game... But even being as early as I am (level 9 maybe?) good freaking God A. Things are pricy as fux and B. The locks... God. You get 10 originally and each door, for me, almost always ends up requiring every lock picked. Come on guys, this game is so cool just... Don't be such greedy *******

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am gonna play this game a lot, but I have to cut down on other games, don't have a cash cow Ha Ha.

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    But still, imagine you created this game, don't you play your own games? Like, hey let's play my own game *plays game for 1 min*... Oh timers. So much fun! I'm so proud of my game!

Gosh...

How the fck can you be proud of a game like this. I do be fcking embarassed. In general, you can't even play longer than a minute without waiting.

7. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    All these complaints are valid, but I still kinda like this game. You should really focus your effort on a good defense. I spent a lot of time on mine, and pretty much no one gets through without losing lives, so I rarely lose much gold, an I rarely lose gems. Once you do that, it's easy to save up gold.
    Yes, the timers suck big time, but I work a lot so it fits my play style.
    Here's what really bothers me though: the potions. Most raiders lose a lot of life but once in a while someone gets through becaus they used a potion that renders my defense useless. It's pretty frustrating that defenders don't get a break. If I work really hard on my defense, how is it fair that anyone can pay their way through it? This is the only thing that feels really gamebreaking to me.
    I'll stick with it for a while because the platforming is top notch. But the more potions I see used, the less inclined I am to bother.

8. powlicious

powlicious Member

Jun 27, 2013
    This Game is as crappy as EAs Dungeon Keeper. Its nearly identical, but looks cute and is from zeptolabs instead EA. Can't understand these hypocritic ratings. Sure, Eli loves games like these (its his Job), but come on guys. Really? This game is the biggest disapointment zeptolab could ever do imho.

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #69 Zeillusion, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Man I'm really loving this! It's so addicting. Everytime I get that notification I have to go in and see who raided me and get revenge :)

I have a sweet defence. Took awhile to save it though hehe. Nothing's better than seeing like 20-30 skulls on your map from dead enemies.

I'm not getting a cannot find opponent message anymore. Looks like tons of people are now playing.

Man, the games awesome.

Love the free keys! I don't mind watching ads for em. We live in a f2p mobile era, so at least it's fair.

I haven't used a single potion yet. I see people raiding me use them. It's HILARIOUS when they use a bunch and still can't get through. Although the multiply potion is neat where it creates six thiefs. I don't even know how to obtain these? I have a few.

Do you earn them? or are they bought?

The currency seems fair so far. ( don't hate me for that comment ). I'm not a whale, just threw down 2$ to support them. That 100$ seems to have gotten me a long way so far. Will continue to support as long as it remains fair. Haven't used any currency on gems though. I'm 2nd in wooden league. Got lucky and stole a few 800-1,000 gems.

10. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #70 pinOi32, Feb 14, 2015
    I wonder if this game would be better with virtual d-pad controls.

Edit: It turns out you have to move into a new dungeon when you're not able to combine gems anymore in the current dungeon you reside in (if you want to combine gems again).

11. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Lmao. Excellent point.

12. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love the gameplay and the art/animation. The reward sounds reminds almost too much of Shark Dash by Gameloft.

But it's extremely pricey! Too pricey in fact, I'm out. Such a damn shame.. Choking your own game like this; but I'm sure they make quite a lot of money.

An annoying thing about the locks; seems they are random every time – so I can't learn a players lock position through trail and error; a weird and annoying choice.

13. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    #73 Cherway, Feb 14, 2015
    The KoT's gameplay is session based. And the keys are a kind of energy you all get used to in CoC and tons of other games. What are you whining for like casuals? And now let's mention that you can upgrade both max amount of keys and their regen speed. So what are you complaining at? Freemium? In the g-d's sake, most of massive multiple online games use this model!

14. powlicious

powlicious Member

Jun 27, 2013
    This is not Freemium, theres no premium part in this game. If you like games that focus just on time and money invested it's okay, but i am prefering games that have a "game" part in it thats at least somehow challenging and competitive and longer than 5min a day. This games is just missing both and just a waste of time.

So yeah, it's free. But playing it costs a shitload of money. Yeah, nice, this is the kind of games apple hates, because it doesnt respect their Customers: it's looking for addicts and idiots...

It's like a slap in your face game...with candy graphics. But yeah, who cares about good games these days...

15. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    I vote for Powlicious for Chief Inspector of the iOS Gaming Police Department ! Maybe he can protect us all from crass money grabs like this so-called game. He gets it ! Why can't devs ? Stop it with this crap... Just stop it !

16. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    #76 bacon-N-eggs, Feb 14, 2015
    Loving this game, like the old school ios game chocorun mixed with loot thievery :D

I'm a father of four so the timers don't bother me much. It's kind of works perfectly with the whole loot system deal. Also not afraid to throw a fiver for a little blue when needed and it's only been once so far. :)

Really don't mind supporting a game like this, it's easily worth that for the entertainment. There is always something to do, when your out of keys beef your defense placements. It has a great risk reward system that I'm just loving. Here's a few screens :) (My largest haul so far!)

Quick question, how is the amount of treasure in gold up for grabs made? Is it a percentage of what you have on hand? If that's the case I'll always keep it invested and run down to near nothing :)

Great job, key times could run a little quicker, but over all it's great IMHO. (Also we do have the option to speed the key timer, but it's a heck of an investment.)

Attached Files:

17. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    This screen shot didn't post with my above response. :)

Another quick question, when you win the wooden league it says you can create a guild for 100K gold, is there any reason why I'd want to do that other then for ego? Do the players in your personal guild build your wealth like percent based off what they have earned or something? Basically is it just for "cool points" or are there monetary reasons I'd want to spend a 100k on my own guild?

Attached Files:

18. silentcon

silentcon Member

Aug 17, 2014
    The devs from the game's forums said they are adding some features soon.

19. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I've been wondering about the purpose of guilds as well. Has anyone here joined one?
    Defense tip for those having trouble: I like putting all my traps very near the entrance. It doesn't give raiders time to think or analyze a pattern. They have to do it by trial and error, which eats up their health.

20. kellstrand

kellstrand Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I haven't payed anything and I'm crushing levels.