Universal King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2015.

1. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #101 makedamage, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Not that I know of. At least I haven't seen any yet.

Also, always review your enemy's playthrough. See if anybody found a loophole or a new way to finish it that you didn't expect. That way you can keep improving your defense.

2. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I really like this game, brilliant concept ruined by this key system, I would half understand if it was 1 key per dungeon, but if someone has 6 locks etc, you can lose all your keys in 2 dungeons

what a silly idea

3. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Someone finally got through with 3 stars. My totem is about to break, so I think I'll just move to the next dungeon and start fresh.

I've noticed that some people near the top of the league have really high scores, but they're still in the desert dungeons. How is that possible? I can only guess that they got really lucky and managed to steal a lot of high score gems, but that seems unlikely.

4. aeschylus72

Apr 13, 2012
    I don't think you are forced to move on? I don't really get the whole totem thing though, can you explain it easily for me please?

5. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    No, you're not forced to move on. The totem can combine gems to make higher score gems. This score is what places you in your league. When gems are being combined they have a chance of being stolen by raiders, which is why you need a good defense.
    Also when you combine gems you get a random thing that can be used to craft or upgrade costumes, which all have properties like extra life or gold etc.

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    As I was just constantly bombarded with people raiding my dungeon and sometimes stealing gems, it occurred to me that if I was going to be any good at this game at all, I would have to monitor and play it constantly. This dread is enhanced by the notion that all the top players are hackers. As a result, I have deleted the game. It was fun for awhile though. :(

7. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    How am I supposed to get over 100k with these gems of 500 points each? And top of the league is filled with people with over 100k points? I don't get it. And my gems get stolen all the time, as the attackers disable my defense? Very odd game. Interesting choices from the developers.

8. YoloChase

YoloChase Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Improving your defense definitely helps keep the bandits out. It's a time consuming process to upgrade your dungeon and make a good layout though. That's if you're playing free of course. Sprinkle a little money on Zeptolab and I'm sure you can progress faster which is totally fair IMHO. I don't get this whole "ooh people that pay money can progress faster" whining that goes on. When I was a kid you didn't get ANY game if you didn't fork over some cash whether you were at the arcade or playing on your Amiga (unless you used cracked versions of course).

9. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    A totem has a limited validity. Not sure how it exactly works, but after some time, your totem will break and you are forced to play the main levels to move on. Don't forget, this game is an elaborate machine designed to keep you playing! Or was it to keep you just below your frustration threshold? :rolleyes:

On another note: how does this work: when wanting to revenge, I'm not allowed and get the excuse message "player is online". So if I'm always online, I cannot be raided? :confused:

10. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I don't pay much attention to the league.
    Post a screen of your defense, maybe we can help.

11. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    The totems break when they run out of teeth, that's how you know. And even if it breaks, you only need to move if you want to make gems. Otherwise you can stay in the dungeon as long as you want. Especially if you have a great defense and just want to raid and save up gold.
    And yeah, you can't be raided when you're online.
    Another tip: if you have a shield up, you can still farm single player levels without breaking your shield.

12. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Is it possible to play within a closed community of only friends that *I* get to select? It would be a lot of fun and you can establish $$ spending rules to make it not only more fun, but also fairer. Do the guilds offer such a thing?

13. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    No. The game doesn't allow you to choose your opponents. You need to either start a match or do a revenge. Guilds aren't any different.

14. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    #114 bacon-N-eggs, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Here's my current layout, still need to do some trap upgrades but I like this one. Door kicks you out to the right into a shit storm, then you have to go back through it to get the treasure :D

I've found the key system is a little anoying, but also this game really rewards a good defense and upgrading. Shields go up after a raid, gem slice on the spinner goes way down if you have a good defense... and keeping your cash/gold as low as possible and invested in upgrades, raiders are not offered much gold for even passing your dungeon.

It's not a game for someone who wants to sit and play for an hour, more like a play here and there for five mins.

I'm okay with that, spent $5 to get started and don't see myself being anymore invested then that. It's a good game IMHO, if keys and gems were easy to get there wouldn't be much point of the "game." Supply and demand, of course hackers with iap cracks will be on the leader boards... But why should I let that ruin my fun time?

Fun to get through the tougher dungeons, fun to make them as well. I look at it like if they can get through or get really lucky and win the spin to "steal" the gem, they deserve it. That's the fun, risk vs reward. I'm cool with it....

Wall of text and all... wish I had more keys!!! Lol!

Attached Files:

15. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    ^^ Wow that is brilliantly devious!

16. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    It's working well :D

Attached Files:

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I love this game! It seems fair enough, and orbs aren't strictly IAP only.
    Obviously those who pay will likely win, but the game has been very entertaining for me thus far :)

18. stbsteve

stbsteve Active Member

May 20, 2012
    Yeah so fast forward just under a week and this game has really grown on me - still not shelled out any real mone on IAP but have slowed down my own progression as I've found myself a dungeon that practically no one can get through and I'm just farming the skulls for gold - my most persistent attacker died 69 times before walking away empty handed.

The keys thing is still an ache - but it's not a game breaker - and anyone who's complained about folk coming in and stealing your hard earned cash, there are two major call outs for you:

- make your nightmare dungeon and then practice and practice until you can ace it twice (a totally brilliant and fair system)
    - always time the points when you stop playing after you've paid for an upgrade and don't have any gems on upgrade - that way there's practically nothing to steal and when you come back you just focus on building your cash up again.

I do think that the fact there is a strong possibility of hacks ruining the leaderboard makes me reluctant to totally sing the praises - they should have thought of that - but the general concept of this game is really unique.

19. aeschylus72

Apr 13, 2012
    #119 aeschylus72, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    you see I completely disagree with you, in fact I came here to say the opposite, my dungeon is so intricate that unless they blow a special and have multiple characters you can only get past with a intricate jump at the exact point that goes completely against what you think you need to do and I only worked it out by putting my traps in a awful place and just spending ages trying to get past to find the exact spot

of course I laugh, but it is not fair is it, all dungeons should be beatable by skill, but a lot are now only beatable if you jump in the exact spot which is impossible to find in a reasonable time frame, it took me about 25 mins to get 2 successes on mine in a row...

it needs a way to make it more skill based rather than timing based, or allow the attacker practice runs that don't count and only 3 goes for real

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I assume you are talking about a 'super-jump'. Although really hard to pull off, I laugh at attackers just running against the wall wondering how on earth my base is legit.
    Now I've migrated to a new base, where I can't make any super jumps :(
    If you want a good base, make it so if they fail the jump they die, and also that they only have a limited time to make the jump