Universal Kingdom Builder by Donald X. Vaccarino

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 3, 2012.

1. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I have tried to contact Queen Games for 2 weeks now and received no reply from them at all. Great customer service!

2. PapaT

PapaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    UK
    I contacted them on the 28 August quoting their previous email and asking about the update. Like you - no reply. Very disappointing.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just got an update with:
    Universal for iPad and iPhone
    Retina graphics
    3 levels of zoom

4. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Could a mod please move this thread to the iphone section and change the title of the thread to reflect the now Universal build.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Done. :)

My only whine with this game, and I assume this will be the case in Alhambra, is no complete in-game instructions/manual. The included tutorials in both games are pretty complete but I find myself at times wanting clarification on one specific mechanic and not really ready to wade through an entire tutorial just to find this one bit.

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Man, if YOU need the extra in-game guidance, I'm holding out on this purchase for now.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    There is a simple temporary fix for this, though. Just snag this 6 page pdf of the real manual and you'll know EVERYTHING you could ever need with this game (the only bit I was confused about were some of the game's location action tiles):

http://4p.hrejsi.cz/index.php/download_file/view/31/109/

8. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thank You :)

I would also have to agree that it would be nice to have the manual/instructions from the actual board game included with the app, I would'nt think it would be hard to include that.

Overall this is a pretty easy game to understand but sometimes something is forgotten and playing through the tutorial again just to find one tidbit of information can be annoying.

9. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    If this game can be played with an iPhone, any other game should be ported too. :eek:

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This is a sub-par app, but a cool game once you figure out how it works (and the rules are readily available online). Definitely worth picking up at the sale price.

Shame the folks at Queen can't put a little bit more effort into these, though.