Universal Knightmare Tower (by Juicy Beast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Yes it's all fine and dandy, but no ipod classic support ? That's crazy!

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #22 WCFields, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    File size ?

What's the file size after installing please ? (Thanks for the video Sanuku)

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Don't know what you're all complaining about.

[​IMG]

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    LOLOL what in gods name!?

5. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Welp, that's pretty much the end of that discussion. Well played.

6. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
  7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
  8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    *gasping sounds of death* Tilt controls?!? Are there any other control options?

9. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Seconded,any other control schemes? A floating 360 pad wouldn't be bad.

10. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Agree!

11. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    Not at the moment no.

But then again I hate tilt controls myself. I'm usually absolute rubbish at most games's tilt controls.

And I'm fine with these controls.

Mostly because they're tuned so fine. It's fairly easy to control directing your dude to either the left or right of the screen. Fine adjustments are possible to - it really feels like the controls have been well oiled or something.

But then again if it's not possible for you to use tilt controls an alternative control scheme would be nice. Or if you don't prefer them at all. IMHO There are other control schemes this game can offer as alternative control schemes without detrimentally altering the gameplay. They could possibly offer alternate control schemes in a patch :p

12. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    So for the sake of science I decided to try out this game's clone on the App Store.

"Knights of Honor : Knightmare Tower" by wang zhiqiang/ Briskgame.inc

This appears to be a free knock off version of Knightmare tower that went up on the App Store near the end of December 2012 . Juicy Beast has prior art btw as their Kongerate version was uploaded first.

I've given it a go and it's really bad.

Compared to Knightmare Tower , Knights of Honor is :

• infested with IAP - you can buy gold directly (this is bad for gameplay)
    • slower to load - each game takes forever to load (KT loads almost instantly)
    • slower in general
    • tilt controls aren't as responsive. seriously if KT's controls are "well oiled" KOH's feel slow and sluggish
    • takes a much larger range of movement to move the character around the screen. seriously slow and hard to control

In comparison Knightmare Tower feels much more optimised and a lot more polished then it's free knock off equivalent.

Well worth the money given the alternative.

13. What? Tilt only? No buy for me then.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Or.... You need to upgrade? Seriously, you're on 3 year hardware now, and even lesser still due to it not having the same zing of the iPhone 4, from my understanding at least.

Regardless, if the devs could get it working and make more money on all those running 3GS/iPod 4/etc don't you think they would?

People need to stop automatically assuming the devs were just lazy in their porting, email the devs and discuss it with them, we are spoiled on iOS with how long apple extends support, you're lucky to even get more than 1 update on Android, and devs are far less willing to try and go out of their way to support even recent devices. With android, phones over a year old are crapshoots regarding updates.

And don't forget that some require waiting for the carrier to update it for you unless you want to root and hook in your own rom.

TL;DR version: your tech is old. Upgrade or deal with not having games that work anymore.

Apparently it also doesn't support the TRS-80, the devs couldn't fit it on the cassette.

Have I told you how much I love you lately?

Email the devs, but don't immediately write something off. Ridiculous Fishing is tilt only, something I greatly despise, but I love the game because of how amazingly well it handles. I trust this will be similar, knowing the history of the devs. I personally will snap this up right away, it looks excellent. Simply excellent.

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Finally !

Just made five fast games and say, my best spent bucks this month ;)

Unfortunately, i'm desperately in the need of a tilt-sensitive option,
    no kidding. They work great, already, it's just this little tic too much,
    for my liking.

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    WOW, just WOW... this game is amazing. I think I found something to play for a while compulsively. What an epic game...

I like: Perfect tilt controls that are very responsive and you touch the screen to cut the enemies below, amazing graphics and animations that are top notch, lots to upgrade and buy that actually changes the look of our knight (helmet, sword, body armor and boots... which is a big plus in my book), lots of missions that gives you coins, no IAP and instead unlockables and a ton of coins per run (already upgraded the character to the second level), full GameCenter support, lots of enemy types, everything just everything screams quality and fun.

I dont like: The music behind it and some alternate control method just to have variety. Thats it. Nothing else.

In resume: Knightmare Tower gets my A+++ and I fully recommend it to all gamers.

Skip all that you do and: Get this one now!

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Made my fastest 5-star review in history.
    It is THAT addictive !

18. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    This is a fun game played it on flash can't wait to play it on my iPod Touch. :D

19. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Well this sounds like another must have. Fingers at the ready.

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Well my old gamer friend, shake out the arthritis in your fingers, it's up and going! I just need to grab my walker!! ;)