Universal Knightmare Tower (by Juicy Beast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I will buy this tomorrow if everyone is still happy with the tilt controls after having a proper nights sleep or an improper nights non-sleep.:D

2. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Just got an gift card earlier today. Might buy this. Any impressions??

3. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    #43 extreme472000, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Why is my game text in french!!!? Edit: nm this just go into options and change to english if needed.

4. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Straight from Juicy Beast's website:

Downloading it now, can't wait to play it again :)

5. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Ha ha the old fingers are loose enough to hit buy ;)

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This has been a crashfest for me on startup since i got it last night.

7. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Oh no! What are you using, an iPad? This is the only thing I wanted tonight.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ipad mini. This is my most anticipated this week, and nothing. Maybe i'll try downloading again?

9. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Whoever did the Italian translation did a great job. Seeing French at first was odd, but I switched it after one run, so no harm done.

Awesome game so far! I can see this becoming as compulsive as Burrito Bison, easily.

10. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    #50 oldgamer dude, Aug 1, 2013
    I'd try downloading it again, it's running great on my touch 5g , and only after a couple of plays I can tell this is going to be really fun.

Omg it's really addicting, I just rescued the third princess and the variety of monsters and varied gameplay is already impressive.

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    So I picked this up tonight even though I said I was going to wait until tomorrow but I wanted to see if there was an issue with the mini. I have only played a couple times but I have not experienced any crashes yet.

12. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I know right! I rescused the 2nd princess.. And its so much replayable valuee.. Really really fun!

13. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Same here on my iPhone 4 :(

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Now you two are pretty good, but have you done the power cycle?

Anyway, I love this so far. It might be like a one-week stand, though. Like burrito bison, when you've upgraded everything and rescue everyone, even with endless mode, it might lose something, that special drive to unlock another anything.

Oh, nico - where are you living in Canada? I'm on the west coast!

15. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #55 ScotDamn, Aug 1, 2013
    This game is insanely fun and has addictive plays lay. That said, it is crashing after an initial playthrough of about 15 straight minutes crash-free on my iPhone 4. After initial playing time, it seems to crash waay too much.

This ruins an otherwise ridiculously fun game! I really hope they patch this soon.

16. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    As a general FYI: I have seen a couple web-folk report that a copy of the game received outside the App Store crashes on the Loading screen and then a copy from the App Store working just fine on the same device. I don't know if this is a DRM measure by Juicy Beast or a bad upload making its way around the shadier app sources.

That said, I'm not at all accusing you of anything; I'd totally believe if the app was just crashy, especially on the oldest of the supported devices like the iPhone 4.

For what it's worth, it's running smooth as butter on my 4S (App Store version).

If you've got a supported device and a legitimate copy of the game, I'd suggest restarting your device and then trying to load up Knightmare again.

17. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #57 ScotDamn, Aug 1, 2013
    It's funny you said you'd totally believe as if it was expected to crash on a supported device such as my iPhone4. Good times. And for the record, I downloaded directly from the App Store.

18. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Thanks for finding this xx99.

There is also the obvious advantage of being able to run this game on non flash enabled devices. As well as the advantage of the code being updated instead of the old version that's on Kongregate.

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So after watching the launch trailer, it seems like the game is the concept of Sonic's homing attacks in Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 4, stretched into a full app. Is that an accurate comparison? It seemed like the character flew upwards, and I assumed tapping all the enemies as he was going up was like doing Sonic's homing attacks.

Is that accurate? :D

20. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Actually there is an element of skill and timing involved. You tilt your device to properly position yourself over the enemy you want to attack and than tap to execute.