Universal Knightmare Tower (by Juicy Beast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#121 Bronxsta, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Sorry. I'm not criticizing the price, the App Store needs more premium games. I just don't have a credit card so I can't purchase every game I want, no matter if it's just released or on sale or whatever. Only have $4 left

Anyway, my apologies. Guess I'll just stick with the browser version for now

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finally got it running on my ipad mini after downloading and reinstalling TWICE. Not even sure what happened there as i didnt do anything on the ipad.

This game is fantastic. It's an arcade game, an action game, a high-score chase, a runner, a catapulter, an RPG, a pick-up-and-play, a time-eater, a premium and the best thing in terms of a high score chasing, combat-fun arcade romp since Slayin.

Definitely this week's winner for me.

Knightmare Tower, Dropchord, Kid Tripp, Puddle, Rymdkapsel, Cross Hearts Arcadia and more... Another solid week for iOS gaming.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #123 Exact-Psience, Aug 3, 2013
    Been playing this one 3 hours straight, and i've almost finished everything in the game except the upgrades. I've maxed the Sword, and everything else is at level 3 or 4.

Got all pincesses, completed all quests. i guess i'll just keep on maxing stuff out.

Definitely got my three buck's worth off of this one.

Not a lot of games have immersed me into them in one sitting. GotW yo.

4. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Yes sir it's hard to put down once you start. I hope the add some additional content like more princesses to rescue more monsters and upgrades. Really, really fun game.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks, I've rescued all of the princesses & distance wise made it to over 24,000 & still can't reach the boss

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright...enough's enough. You were asked to stop discussing device support yesterday. There will be no more "elongation" of this topic. Any further posts about 4th gen iPod touch support will be deleted immediately. Don't even bother.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Beated the Campaign, thus the boss and I have to say that its amazing. One of the best boss fights on iOS without any doubt. And Survival mode has even more missions, different enemies and more things to make it really interesting and awesome. Loving this game. My GoTW and also made it into my personal all time Top.

You have to complete all missions to get the key, and then the boss is at 25,000 in distance... Good luck!

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Seriously guys, if you enjoyed Ridiculous Fishing or any other endless game, pick this one up, its amazingly done and a pure joy and a blast to play. Get it!

9. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    #129 Breinstein, Aug 3, 2013
    Must agree that this game is insanely addictive.! Dismissed it at first for being nothing special, but after all the great comments I was over the fence and bought. Wish I would have never done that, because now I can not put it down.!keep saying to myself just one more go.

The only minor gripe I have are the crashes. I have a 4s 16 gb non jail broken on iOS 6.1.3 and after about playing it 3 or 4 times the game gets a bit choppy and I have sound hiccups. Mostly after 9 or 10 times the game crashes and returns me to my home screen. After I kill the game in the background I can play about 10 times before it crashes again.. I also have an iPad 4 so will test if the iPad shows the same beaviour

Nb: is there a way to see how many princesses or special items I earned other than when you actually earn something new ?

Confirming that you want to buy something would also be nice. Clicked on a quest by accident and bam .. Quest was bought and skipped..

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks, I've just completed all quests & all I have to do is beat the boss.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Wasn't a fan of the flash game at first..but boy, I think the stage after the 3rd or 4th princess and I was hooked. I promptly picked up the iOS version. Make this the first game I picked up during the "launch week" in a long while. Fun game with perfectly pitched upgrade path (well, to me anyways). Thanks!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've beaten the boss, saw the endgame cinematic (which i find pretty funny), and still no endless mode?

Am i missing something?

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    That boss fight is kicking my ass! I am loving it though.

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ok, I'll bite.

15. Dad

Dad Member

Aug 2, 2013
    You've beaten the boss and you don't have access to the infinite mode? Weird... you are sure after the cinematic, you came back to the debrief screen and then came back to the greeting menu? Then there should be green arrows pointing the newly available play mode... maybe you couls defeat the boss again.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah,... i thought it was odd it didnt unlock. I'll try defeating the boss again later.

17. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Omg thanks frost, seems I'm not done :)

18. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    That boss is not easy to defeat, althought it looks funny.

19. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Consumable

Addictive game. Very fun! Completely worth the 3$!

However, once you passed the story mode, and once you've upgraded everything (which comes fast, since the game is addictive :)), there's nothing to do with your money. I reached the 500k cap. There should have some consumable purchase power ups or other stuffs since the money is completely useless where I am. Or other characters (with new armory/accessories)

I've also encounter a few non frequent crash while playing. I'm playing on a iphone 4s, latest ios

There's also a crash when opening the game, on the loading splash screen, continuously tap the screen, and it will crash. This one is minor, but still a crash :)

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just beat the game. Boy..took me a few tries to beat the last boss. Fun game. I love the length of the game..I think it took me maybe ~5-6 hours to beat it (with my skill)..and I can move on to something else if I wanted to.

Time to play at least a few rounds of endless.

And for a different opinion about post game cash..please don't add consumable. I don't like high score games where you can buy consumable that effect the leaderboards. I hate "grinding" a few times just to earn enough buy consumable to do a real high score run.

But anyways, thank for a fun, focused game!