Universal Knightmare Tower (by Juicy Beast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think luck is a big factor: how often the face appears, how far from you, etc.

2. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    My time won't register = (. I got 2:36 but my second best 2:51 is showing up instead.

3. Dad

Dad Member

Aug 2, 2013
    I once did 2:33, couldn't ever do that again, my other best times are around 2:45, grats for doing a dev time! Anyway, I'm here to announce that since the beginning of the development of Knightmare Tower, there has been a few updates on the tools we use and thus, we will be able to do some memory optimization! So, an update is coming pretty soon ;)

4. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    It's ok. I actually just got 2:32 = )...love the game BTW now I just gotta get the last achievement.

5. Dad

Dad Member

Aug 2, 2013
    haha, I hope you do love the game, beign the holder of the time record :p ... The last achievement should not be too hard for you at this point ;)

6. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    This is the first tilt-based game that I've played that uses landscape mode. This made trying out the game very difficult initially for me because I'm used to portrait mode for tilt-based games. Overall, the game is very fun but not as fun as it could be for me since there's extra room to use that's proving a tad difficult for me to remember to use.

As a result of that unfortunality, I miss far more often than I probably should be.

Otherwise, it's a great game and I hope to see more content updates in the future.

7. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    What is this nonsense about people wondering if a tilt controlled game will work while you are 'laying down'? Ummmmm..... HUH?!

I am 'laying down' in bed pretty much exclusively to play games on my iPad, I am very, very slightly propped up with my head and neck only on a couple of pillows, and then resting the iPad on my stomach and usually leaning it slightly against a bunched up part of a blanket or whatever. Obviously for a game like this, along with many other types of games, you are holding the iPad up with your hands to some degree, tilt controls or not. How are you guys 'laying down' that you would even need to wonder about any kind of controls?

ps. Awesome game, fairly brutal and casual at the same time.

8. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I haven't tried it laying down but I do agree that the tilt controls are excellent in this game. I normally try to avoid tilts but this one handles very well.

9. dancefirst

dancefirst Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Yes, total bullshit bug on the Dev's part. If you're going to spam us to rate the game, at least address this bug. I tried to beat the boss for days, and when I finally did it, the game didn't save the win because I agreed to "Rate it". Way to rain on the parade, devs.

10. I still am thinking of getting this game, hearing alot of good comments from people, that is a good thing.

11. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #171 Nobunaga, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    I'd suggest it. For what that's worth.
    I normally don't do tilt games, this nailed it. The game offers a really fair pay out for playing, I fully upgraded my character without ever feeling like I was "grinding". Graphics are awesome. The whole game has the appeal of a good endless runner (with an end and an infinite mode after). Some lite RPG elements, with upgrades that show up on your character. The last boss is brutal and feels more like a bullet hell shooter, to me, than it does like the rest of the game. I could say more good things, can't really think of any bad things to say though. Maybe, that some character skins would be a nice edition to keep my interest even longer?

Edit: I rated the game after beating it. Saved progress no problem. I understand the frustration though. That would really suck.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I consider this the equivalent of Ridiculous Fishing with regards to how spot on the tilt controls are.

I'll put it this way, I never, ever, ever enjoyed tilt games until RF came out, and I feel the same way here.

I've not had this much of an addiction to a game in a very long time, and I've spent a very, very long time with the game. I worried after I finished all the quests that I'd be bored with it. No, I am not. I do not play it AS much as I did when it launched, but I still play it 3-4 times a day, trying to desperately get a better time, and I have a blast whenever I do play it.

This is one of the most enjoyable games to come out in a very long time. It's just perfect.

This would be awesome as a multiplayer game!

13. nbogard

nbogard New Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Imagine lying flat on your back with your ipad extended out above you, the display parallel and facing the floor. Then consider gravity and how an accelerometer works. The tilt controls are inverted, making the game very difficult to play. Try it. I've seen people read books this way so I bet there are Knightmare Tower players doing the same thing.

I guess if you could imagine yourself playing underwater, and that your character was buoyant, you'd do okay.

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Sometime my character goes to the upper right hand corner & won't move.

15. Dad

Dad Member

Aug 2, 2013
    The character is even higher than usual? Thats really weird, never heard of that before

16. moguitarboy

moguitarboy Member

May 9, 2012
    Can I play the same game save from my iphone to iPad?

17. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Been having the same problem on the iPhone version. It seems like it happens more consistently when I pause the game for a momen, almost like it needs to be calibrated. Other then that though the game is awesome and I haven't had this problem on the iPad version yet.

18. Dad

Dad Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Even when you restart, he stays stuck?

19. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah it'll still happen when I close and restart the app but kind of sporadically. Sometimes he'll just take off to the corner and won't move and other times he won't be centered when I have my device straight . Then again, other times it'll work fine

20. wheatie

wheatie Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The game worked fine for me. The app was updated to fix bugs and now it crashes to the home screen after I finish a round. I have tried restarting the iPhone and have over 7 GBs free on my iPhone 5.

Devs please fix this new crash bug