Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    Hmmm..out in the US already. BUY!

2. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Uh wait, you mean it's out already world wide? Dammit! I was waiting for the midnight rollover :eek:

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    This.

4. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    This 2X,just played 2 hours straight and it's tons of fun.

5. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012
    #45 L.Hash, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    Alot of fun indeed I can't stop playing.
    Hopefully they'll update for the iPhone 5

6. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Behold,

Been playing couple hours now, unlocked a few achievements. Seems everytime I close the app and re-open, all the accomplished achievements pop down from the top again.

iPhone 4 latest iOS update, non-jailbroke.

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Really loving the game so far.. easily my favourite game released this week :)
    I have noticed a few spelling/grammatical errors however...

[​IMG]

Should be "difficulty" not "difficult"

[​IMG]

The line "Where he was the last time you've seen him?" would make more sense being " Where was he the last time you saw him?" or "Where did you see him last?"

8. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...wow, you have a truckload of gold - and lots of trinkets in your table already :D

What did you do, did you purchase gold or did you run into a treasure of sorts in-game? :)

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What is the "score" for the Campaign Leaderbaords? PLEASE tell me it will be number of game days taken to complete it! As this would add at least some replayability as one might re-run a campaign and see if they can finish it more efficiently.

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Does this end or can you keep going endlessly?

11. theorangeipod

theorangeipod Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Sweet! Review it

12. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011

So sold. And to think I wasted half an hour playing Sci-Fi Heroes this morning.

13. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I purchased some gold :D Really fun game.. I can't put it down. Highly recommend this one.

14. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Game Impressions

This game is seriously awesome. Popping in to say this, now back to the game.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You're walking in the forest... and you're walking... and walking...

And a dragon comes out!

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    This sounds like the kind of game for me. When I was a kid, I bought one of those huge RPG compendium boxes; the one I got was for very different RPG called Paranoia! Different in that the GM was encouraged to disregard the rules whenever he felt like it, and to kill off the players in creative ways if they ever challenged a rule.

Your character wasn't supposed to live, really...it was hilarious reading the booklets; half of the instructions telling you to ignore them. And it was just well written funny. Probably would have made for better diction than as a role playing system.

Well, I never could convince any friends to learn how to play. Too bad I threw it out. But in this game, I can GM for myself? That's like being Willy Wonka.

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Holy Mountain Dew, Doritos and stained character sheets! I came to see the NZ impressions thinking I had to wait until 11PM (east coast kind of guy) and I find that the game is already out! Downloading now!

Oh, and to the poster above with the comment about Doctor Ho picking him up and taking him back to the 90's... Awesome post! Though the Doctor will be taking me back to the early 80's for me with some D&D, AD&D 2nd Edition, CoC, Alternity, G.U.R.P.S. and Rifts for me! Now to play...

18. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Hello everyone! Dev post here. I'm from Behold Studios.

First of all, thank you so much for the support and all the feedbacks. We keep reading all your posts out loud for each other in our studio. We're sooo happy!

I must say that this iOS version took WAY longer than everyone thought indeed. So, as you know, some people were able already to play via Android and while we waited for the submitted version on iOS we were fixing so many bugs on Android, which means there are some bugs already in this version that are fixed already and we'll upload soon enough. Including grammar/misspelling/etc errors (please if you see anything else, let me know, we're working on it to make everything even better).

About the days, yes, its related to the leaderboards. So if you wanna beat the game fast enough you'll be there for the least days you took.

The achievement bug that keeps popping is already fixed and it'll work 100% when the new version comes out.

I don't know if I should just step aside and let this thread moves on by itself and your experiences or should I just make a "ask me anything" about the game in here. I'll keep an eye here.

By the way, you will find me in game, beware my Meteor! :D

19. Apiweb

Apiweb New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    A doubt, all that is possible to unlock using gold, you can also unlockdoing griding or otherwise, that is not via in-app? Or have items that are unlocked only with in-apps?

20. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    All items can be purchased with out spending IAP. There are no items in the game that can only be purchased with real money. That said you will need to do some grinding but I don't feel it at the level of forcing you to buy IAP.