Knights of Pen & Paper-FREE (evening of March 10)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I bought this game shortly after it was released. Anyone know if there is a wiki or some online manual?

2. Now
    Free!

Attached Files:

3. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up on this one. Has been piquing my interest for awhile now.

4. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Grabbed it. Has been on my list for a while but I limit my spending. At the least I hope to leave a great review. We will see!

5. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Downloaded!

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This is a spectacular freebie, to say the least. Thanks! :)

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for te heads up. App acquired!

8. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Hello guys, I'm one of the devs responsible for Knights of Pen and Paper, you may find me in the game, the purple shirt mage that will spread meteors all over you.

There's a huge knights thread about theorycraft and etc in this link you might enjoy taking a look at: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=163775

The link I provided at the top of my post is currently a thread full of good information about the game. Also, the users have made a good and interesting wiki about it, the link is: http://knightsofpenandpaper.wikia.com

I myself sometimes update stuff and comment on the wiki too. I encourage you to take a good look there!

Why is it sad? It's a promotion, it'll be up for 2~3 more days. The game didn't change a thing, we just made it get even better and better based on the community opinion. :3

Thanks for the support, you may reach me by private messages or in the other thread where I keep refreshing it sometimes a day.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think they think it's sad because they really love the game and want to see y'all make money on it.

I get it though, bumping it up in the number of downloads will push it up the charts, hopefully get more 5* reviews, get more people talking, and maybe nab more paying customers. It just seems like a backwards way to advertise from the old days. In the AppStore world with digital content that costs nothing to distribute at the free price, it makes more sense than spending thousands on some small traditional ads here and there. It may cost a few sales but the benefit may far outweigh a few lost sales if the masses catch on.

10. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    i see, yeah, i believe some people might think that turning a game free is a consequence of getting "broken" or something but that's not our cause. we're just spreading the game all the way and trying to make more people to come and play :3

11. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    #31 slammajamma28, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Any achievements?

If not, is that something possible in a future update?

EDIT: nvm, downloaded it. 46 Achievements, wahoo!!!!

12. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    There are 46 achivements in game.
    I just find this game awesome, bought way back at full price and it was more than worth it, from retro graphic to funny quests and lot of references that make fun of traditional RPG genre.One of games that will always stay on my device , always happy to see new players bump general game thread with their party ideas.

13. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow! It has got to be one of the greatest free games! Would have been an instant buy if I had known about this earlier. :eek:

It's actually a good break from Sonic Dash, Real Racing 3, zombie Samurai defense 2, and Block Fortress. So much focus went into those games and this one helped loosen that tense this much.

14. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    This game is fantastic. I'm buying some IAP just as a thanks (and even though the IAP is the least intrusive of any game in the app store!).

15. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Fantastic game! I've been playing this the whole day, my best build as a team would be a Mage(AoE), Paladin(Tank), Hunter(AD Burst), Druid(Attack/Support), and a Cleric(Healer) I've been owning with this team and the game is pretty intense, I definitely recommend this to anyone that enjoys RPGs.

16. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    nice

freebie again

17. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    $1.99 right now...