Universal Kosmo Spin - (Universal App) [99¢]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 1, 2010.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    My initially impression was of bad controls since I reversed the spin.
    And now I can only say this is a fun polished game. Nice art, simple and funny gameplay. Great job guys!

2. Ninjagorilla

Ninjagorilla Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Big thanks.
    Yeah... We were not sure if we should include the reverse spin or not.
    Is anybody using it?
    When testing Kosmo Spin on our friends, it seemed like a good idea as some people found it easier to swipe in the direction that nod would walk, rather than spinning the universe. It's a bit hard to explain :)
    Well, we thaught it was best to include it for anyone finding the standard controls confusing.

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I see somehow my post was wrong ... since was meant to be until.
    That means I use reverse controls, since the standard .... I just hate it!

4. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Haha, well there you go. Then I guess we made the right choice.

Kosmo Spin is now 24 on top 25 in Sweden, pushing down Doodle Jump to 25. Feels good :)

5. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Hrmph, excuse me. Make that 23 :D

6. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Featured

Just wrote on our blog about being featured since it's a pretty big thing.
    http://simogo.com/blog/2010/12/03/kosmo-spin-featured-by-apple-in-appstore/

We're currently ranked 81 in the US store.
    Thanks to everyone who bought our game. You don't know how much we appreciate it! :)

Also... Who's that crazy dude (or dudette!) that has got over 5000 points on the leaderboard!?

7. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    could you add also 2 arrow for the movment? :)

in anycase very fun game :) i like it

8. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Good to hear!
    Once again I want to thank all of you that are choosing to buy Kosmo Spin. We simply can't thank you enough.

Regarding arrow buttons, I'm not sure it's a good idea. The concept in itself is built around the spin controls and I'd actually think it would make the experience less enjoyable. But then again, if there is a demand for it, you never know.

9. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    This is great, good job. :)

10. Topsy

Topsy Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I personally love it! Such a cute game and fun! Great concept and glad I bought it! Thanks to the developers!

11. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    So, I need only some practice :)

cheers!

12. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Thank you for buying our game!

For those of you curious how the game looks on iPad, here's a video.

Reviews are starting to pop up here and there (nothing on touch arcade yet, cough cough!), and they are really positive!

13. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Looks cute but it seems like one would get very dizzy while playing it!

14. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm pretty sensitive to such things in games (some fps I just can't play) myself, but this is not a problem for me with Kosmo Spin (of course, or else we would not have made this game if one of us could not play it due to motion sickness:) ) It might have to do with it being 2D.

Anyone here playing on an iPad and iPhone/iPod? Curious about what style you prefer.

Also curious about another thing:
    It seems that most I see playing is using their index finger. Personally, I play with my thumb, with the same hand I'm holding my iPhone with.
    What finger do you guys use when playing Kosmo Spin?

15. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm going to give it a try on my iPad given what you say is true regarding sensitivity :)

One question first- Are the achievements unlockable in-game without accessing Game Center? My iPad is on OS 3.2.2.

16. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    I hold the phone in my left hand and use my right-hand index finger to swipe. I also use reversed spin, because for some reason that seems to be more natural for me :)

From the video posted the game looks to be absolutely stunning on an iPad. Guess I'll have to try it out once Apple releases a 2G ;)

17. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Of course motion sickness is very individual. But I've never felt dizzy from playing this.

You have to have access to Game Center to get the achievements.

But the Quests can be cleared without any GC connection. And Quests are like achievements, only 100 times more fun :D

18. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    I just played through the first few quests and a few rounds of survival mode and this game looks fantastic on the iPad :D

I've been playing holding my iPad with my left hand and using my right hand middle finger to spin.

Can you make the achievements accessible through the game for non Game Center enabled devices in the next update?

19. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Just got placed 13th on the leaderboards... I'm not satisfied though, so I'll try aiming for a higher score later on :)

20. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Yes, we're very satisfied with how it looks on iPad, the colors truly pop.

Might be tricky to do online achievements, since it's built around GC, and even the achievements page is an actual GC page.

Speaking of things we'd like to add and online functionality. We're thinking about adding a "post my score to facebook" button for the next update (For those of you that don't want or can't use Game Center).

Also, regarding playstyles. I've seen some people holding the iPad with both their hands, and then use both their thumbs, swiping up and down to spin. It's a pretty nice way to play, pretty relaxed, but I'm not sure I'd personally be able to get really high scores that way.