Krazy Kart Racing (Konami) - first real screenshots!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diabolus, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I hate the word "clone"! But yeah, Konami is gonna do great with their own version of a Mario Kart style game.

2. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I hope that this game includes Online multiplayer (like they said it would) and also Bluetooth. I think any game that is going to have multiplayer should have bluetooth as an option so we can play without wifi.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Wasn't this game due like a couple of daiis ago?

4. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I'd actually care about this if I didn't hate Konami so much. I purchased Frogger for the iphone a few weeks ago and the controls are horrid, they refuse to fix them. I can see it now with this game, crappy accelerometer balance, just the works. Shrek Kart :D

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    i prob would get shrek kart too, but i dont think it will have multiplayer. If it doesn't, it is a no brainer for krazy kart

6. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

I actually think KK will be awesome. I wasn't excited for Shrek Kart until I found the video on YouTube but now that I found it on YouTube it looks awesome! KK should be good though, because it's developed by Polarbit and they're pretty good.

7. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Yeah same here. I think Krazy Kart looks great. and I don't like Shrek Kart cause I think playing as Shrek characters would get really annoying after a little bit.

8. galsabag

galsabag Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Is it just me, or the game actually kinda looks like the Shrek racing game O_O

EDIT: ok that was mentioned many times by now, my bad >.>

9. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Yeah like personally I thought the movie was okay, but the only character I would ever use would be the Gingerbread man. But it's by Gameloft, so it can't crash and burn completely. And it looks good. I just think KK looks better, but I will definitely buy both eventually, they look good. Big spending month for me.

10. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Shrek Kart is getting an update with bluetooth/wi-fi. (can't remember if Gameloft said SK was getting it or Konami said KK was getting it)

11. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I gotta say though after the lack of polish with Frogger I'm certainly not going to jump without looking. A little skeptical of KONAMI now. Screens do look really fun though.

12. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Between Shrek and This, Its very similar
    So multiplayer over WIFI or 3G will determine my purchase.

13. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I think this game looks awesome-especially the characters.

Does anyone have a clue about the time of release or the price?

14. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    It should have already been out by now apparently. They were hoping it would be out a few days ago I think. Apple really needs to hire more reviewers.

15. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    They are all designed by different developers; MGSTU was incredibly polished whilst some games like Baseball Pros weren't.

16. TonreG

TonreG Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    gba - krazy racers!!! :p

17. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    It's still not in the App Store in Germany. :(

18. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    You gotta be kidding, it's not released elsewhere, is it even submitted yet?

19. mallory623

mallory623 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Production Artist/Graphic Artist
    Seattle, WA
    I'm not that familiar with the Konami universe of characters. Anyone get me up to speed on some of the characters we saw in the iPhone trailer...

20. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Well, PocketGamer reviewed it days ago and wrote that it had to be out anytime soon. Nobody thought that it would take so long.
    And if you watch the trailer, then you'll see the "Available in the App Store" button. And not a release date.