Universal Kung Fu Rabbit - (by Bulkypix) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
  2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Uhhhh, no IAPs are needed for anything in the shop, and nothing in the shop is needed to complete the game.

My guess? They jumped to conclusions.

3. #83 cTools Studio, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    I think people here can confirm whether this is true or not.

From my point of view (which is obviously not very objective :D), I really think the IAP we setup are not intrusive.
    To give you an order of ideas:
    • Checkpoints only cost 5 carrots.
    • You earn 5 carrots / levels on the 20 first level, 6 on the 20 next levels, etc..
    • You earn a lot of additional carrots when unlocking trophies.
    • (You can earn 20 more carrots just by clicking on our FB link!)
    The game is hard, but not that hard, specially in normal mode.
    Actually every other articles says quite the opposite (JeuxVideo.com / Gamezebo).

There is a few other mistake on the article of funtouch (no mention at all of cTools, it says there is only one music when this is not the case).

Excerpt from Gamezebo:
    In addition to unlocking levels with carrots, you can also purchase power-ups in the game’s dojo. Most of the items on offer are single use only and add little in the way of upping the entertainment value of gameplay. On the plus side, the game’s in-app purchases of carrots are wholly unnecessary.

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #84 syntheticvoid, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    Damnit! I've wasted 200 carrots on level 3-20 trying to get the 4 carrots I the level using the muzzle... But you can't use it in the air, or while moving, so you need to find a good spot to use it... Grrrr... It's the last normal level I need to grab the carrots to have perfect on all the normal levels... So I'm not gonna stop... I don't have. Problem getting the first 3, but that last one always gets me...

Anywho... Such a great game... I love when a game gives me this much gameplay and challenge...

And after this, I get to go through all the hard levels again, and get perfects in all those... =oD

I've probably thrown in at least 5 hours into this game... For a buck...? Such a great deal...

**edit**

Haha, used the carrot juice and got it no problem. =o/

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Anyone know how to unlock bonus stage 1? I've unlocked all the other stages...

6. Nice! Did you finish the game in hard mode?

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... Nope, not yet. I've still got 10 hardcore levels to beat... And am not looking forward to level 6-20... With as much trouble as I had getting throug it on normal... =oP

Anywho, I saw on your twitter page that you're adding more levels! Hope I can complete the game before then... =oD

8. hiwind

hiwind Member

Apr 17, 2011
    6-13

I've gotten a perfect in all 6 worlds except for level 6-13. Can't seem to find the first carrot.. Bug?

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #89 syntheticvoid, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    nope...

from where you start... go left... there's a hole in the top section of that wall that the spitters are in... go there, then there's a hole in the floor on the left side in that room... fall down, and snag the carrot. =o)

here's a pic to make it a little easier. =o)

[​IMG]

**edit**

BTW, I also just finished the game today... got perfects in all the levels as well =oD

Friggin LOVE this game... it's definitely in my favorites list for small level platformers.

10. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I really *LOVE* this game but I'm not playing it right now because of the annoying framerate issues on ipod touch 4g. :(
    Please tell me you're working on optimizations...

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Clear your multitasking bar, reset your device, and turn the sound and music off-will run great. I beat about 75% of the game on my 4th gen touch.

12. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Oddly this game is very boring to me...not difficult at all

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Of you don't try to perfect every level (Especially the hardcore levels) its really not... The challenge is in getting a perfect on every level... =oP

14. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    oh well in that case it would become too difficult to me...life is so problematic, isn't it?! :eek:

15. hiwind

hiwind Member

Apr 17, 2011
    6-13 i found the golden carrot.. I cant find the first regular carrot.

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't notice that. Sorry... yeah, 6-13 is missing the first carrot. =oO

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I need some help... the thing is that I finished all levels in the first world but the second world never unlocked, all completed with 3 stars (carrots) except 15th and 19th with only 2... do I need to unlock them with 20 carrots or something?

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    do you mean the hardcore levels?

going into the first world level selection, and changing the difficulty to hard then normal to hard, then back out to the world selection screen should fix the problem... the developers are working on a fix...

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    No, I mean the normal levels, the first world... havent really made much progress... for some reason is not unlocking the second world

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o/

Sorry... dunno then... I didn't have that problem...