Universal Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light™ (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Your iPad version should allow for a free update, only the iPhone buyers of the game have to buy the new game/update as the original game is no longer available except for maybe in your cloud and that will not have the updated graphics. I love the whole Tomb Raider series so I am OK with spending another 5 bucks especially since I did not get far in the pre-updated version and also because I paid just a buck originally anyway.

2. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I just started playing it and I vaguely remember what the original game looked like so I may be wrong but the improved textures don't really leap out to me as any huge change in how the game had looked. The jumping feels different but that could be my imagination. Would love to hear what other people think, I am using a 6 plus.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm talking iphone version...

About four weeks ago i re-dl the game and thought of how nice it would be to have better graphics and a wide screen support. I deleted it five minutes later because i couldn't stand the little screen.
    While the little Lara still looks a bit faded, the rest definitely improved as far as i remember. (Our tricky mind pulles our leg here and there, i know)

Also, i seem to remember that it was possible to fully customize the buttons, while in this new version you only can move the default sets vertically.

I'm very much enjoying it again and i hope they will release another equal adventure very soon.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No.Frickin'.Way. This is probably the last game I would've EVER expected such a great update for. I know CygnetSeven will be going bonkers for this news. ;)

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So glad this game got some love. I'm a sucker for anything Tomb Raider. I'll have to replay this real quick before I play the new one.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Am I that transparent? You know me too well! ;)

[​IMG]

Now all I need is Mushihimesama and NBA Jam!!!! :D:D:D

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just bought this and waiting for it to finish downloading. Hopefully they'll also port over the Tomb raider games by crystal dynamics like anniversary. Still this is Lara croft so its a must buy

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is my my favourite dual-stick shooter of all times (even including Bug Heroes 1/Quest/2), primarily for how well it merges dual-stick combat with Indiana Jones-style adventuring in ruined temples, with a slight hint of Prince of Persia-like freedom of movement, plus a fashionably overdramatic matinée-adventure-film storyline.

And the combat is especially glorious, with precise shooting against few or single powerful enemies (which places greater focus on precision, reflexes and strategy than simply pointing the attack stick against hordes of enemies while moving backwards), manual evasion and rolling, tactical options (such as remotely detonable mines which are especially fun to lure monsters in range of), a good variety of weapons from revolvers to fully automatic rifles and spears, and environmental elements which can be used to destroy foes (such as stones to drop on leering, bestial faces and large objects to topple for general destruction and chaos).

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Agreed. This has always been among my top DSS games as well... Together with Meltdown, Inferno+, Inferno 2 and Zombies (by bignic).

And then there's Minigore 2 which is the only arena-based shooter i have left on my device.

Solomon titles have always been favorites too, but at this point just feels dated, although the gameplay still topples most other recent action/RPG titles.

That said, i have always favored exploration type DSS rather than arena-based ones.

10. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Can somebody point me to a working link or is this game not released in germany?

11. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Support for 6+ - check
    iCloud save - check
    Universal - check

Square did right on this one. Bought!

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Ok,found it now but a twinstick shooter without the support of real sticks (=Controller support)lowered my interest to zero ;)

13. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Im seeing a bundle that for $4.99 you get this games and tomb raider 1 and 2

14. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Is this worth getting??? Is there a lot of action of mostly puzzles?? I don't mind puzzles and stuff but I'm hoping its a majority shooting

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    If it's the same as the console release, there are occasional puzzles, but it's mostly combat. The multiplayer is what made the console version shine, so I'm not so sure how it is on here.

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Controls are kind of sucky on 1 and 2 (watch AppSpy's review for 2 on YouTube) but Guardian is fantastic. 1 has mfi control support, not sure about 2. I have them just for the nostalgia and in hopes that SE moves on to the better ones still coming.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's a dual stick shooter action game with a few platforming and puzzle elements. Highly recommended.

18. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Sold. Game Center achievements??

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It has 38 achievements in game center. :)