Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light By Square Enix (99c) -Nov10-

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Nov 10, 2011.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah for me, I got 8GB so games often have to get out of my iPod fast. Sometimes I can't finish them cause they take too much space and they're not that good after all...

2. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere in the book of mental illnesses.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale for $1 again. Grab it now!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How much space does this take up unpacked?

5. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    308 mb for iPhone version.

6. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    is retina the iPhone version?

7. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i think not but the game looks good anyway on retina iphones.

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Doesn't work on IOS 5.x either according to other posts.

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yup, just did. Played some of it on PS3 and really liked it. Always been a Tomb Raider fan, and this was a cool new take on the formula.

Was surprised to see the installed size was pretty much the same as the file size listed on the App Store -- happily surprised.

10. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    There are a few variations in gameplay but pretty much the same. Not often would I use the term 'console quality' in regards to an iOS game but in my opinion this is one of the finest. This does to ARPG what Cave does to shmup. There, I said it. I gush about this game but it's a gem.

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Ì am not very impressed by the screenshots in the Appstore but I will take your word for it..after all it is only $1 ! Are the number/amount of 'levels'/content in this same as that of its console counterpart?

12. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I think this is the best game I've played on my iPad. I loved it.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    yeah i had some troubles with controls but the quality of production and features of this game are really great, definitely feels like console quality.

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I take it the co-op is local only?

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #55 violentv, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    hmm.. I would be getting the HD version and from the reviews in the appstore..it seems that it crashes quite often at cut scenes on both 1st and 2nd gen ipads. There hasn't been any updates( last update was on September 2011 )to rectify the issue so I am quite reluctant to make the purchase. Has anyone tried the HD version?

16. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Played the HD version on my iPad 2 and don't think I encountered a single crash playing through the whole game in singleplayer mode.

17. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I second on that no crashes after the update

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I also had some troubles with controls. But that was way back when I tried it on my iPod Touch 2G. This thread is making me think about giving it another try on my 3GS. Sometimes I do find controls more responsive for the same game on my 3GS over my 2G.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Picked this up last time it was on sale, but never got around to really getting into it... Actually I totally forgot about it until seeing this thread again. Gonna have to re-download it and take another stab at it... =oD

20. Wow, didn't realize this had an HD version. Read through the first couple of posts and the posted link, then wasn't interested cause it wasn't universal. Now I come back to this thread, and see there is an HD version.

Went to the Itunes store, and the hd version has tons of crashes one star ratings. Seems like ipad 1 has problems, does anyone have a new ipad that runs this ok? Seems like some of the above posters have ipad 2, so seems to work on that ok.

Also, now big is the installed file on the hd version? If it is close to 1 gig, I might have to pass, already temporarily deleted bard's tale, avalon, asphault 6, mass effect, monopoly, and tons of others to make room for the 35 games I bought in the May and July 4th sales.

Anyway, if anyone could be so kind and confirm whether it works on the new ipad, and the installed size, I would appreciate it.