Universal Le Vamp - (by High Voltage Software) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DrDweezle

DrDweezle New Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Been playing on my 5 since last night and having no problems.

I am loving this game's twist on the genre. Great runner, great game.

2. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Lots of frenetic swiping and tapping. This is the first game that's made me drop my phone while playing it!

Very fun game. Not worth $600 though :)

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    First game that has made me get a cramp in my finger. ROFL.

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    If anyone is playing this, add me on game center to compare scores. :) 58K is my highest so far. No. 26 all time. I'm working on it.

5. number1jagsfan

number1jagsfan Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Doesnae work on my iPad 3, crashes as soon as it starts. Anyone got it running on an iPad 3?

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I've messaged the developers on Facebook about the crashing and lagginess on iPod Touch 4G, and they've responded. I've found that turning on airplane mode helps with the crashing, but the game is still extremely laggy. Hopefully they can find and fix the problem. I know it's another endless runner, but it seems to have a few things that sets it apart, and I really wanna play. Plus, I'm sucker for the Vampire theme. :p

I know, I know, it's definitely time to upgrade. Maybe if I don't buy games for a week or two I'd have enough to buy that iPad Mini. :p

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It runs fine every time for me on my iPad 3, but startup can take 30 seconds or so. I am loving the game!

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #48 TheFrost, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    Le Vamp stars a young vampire who escaped home and ended up pissing off a whole town, and now he has to escape through the forest from those angry villagers that are contantly on your heels.

And if thats not worse enough, along the way are a lot of the typical vampire topics (Garlic that you have to pull from the ground, sunlight you have to block,...) trying to slow you down until you get caught.

Lucky for us, there are a lot of different moves, a lot of swiping or dashing or taping involved as Le Vamp just keeps throwing obstacle after obstacle while you tap coins, and it keeps getting faster all the time.

At the same time it keeps the frantic action and the fun element in perfect balance as you never feel cheated.

There are an array of powerups to help along the way, like the bat powerup, sunblock and many more that are all upgradable. There is a tools shop as well with many interesting items to buy all for a better score. Prices range from 150 to 4200 and not all of them are upgradable.
    There is IAP but I never had or eill habe the desire to even take a look at it, you get a lot of them (just dont expect Ridiculous Fishing here) and can progress with ease.

The game sports the usual modern endless runners things: Missions, upgrades, boosts, and GameCenter. Options to turn off music and sound, universal build, retina display, auto screen rotation and all the nice things to have.

Its modeled in a good 3D engine that takes a bit to fully load, like Slewis says takes like half minutes on an iPhone 4, but after that its fully playable (not on the iPod Touch 4 by the way).

This is yet another endless runner, but it brings some new things to the genre, it has a sense of humor, its fun, its frantic and controling the enviroment trying to save the little vamp feels great and fresh. Fully Recommended. 5 Stars. Endless runners fans, get this now.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    That's what i did, and if Ridiculous Fishing would be Yin (this week),
    then this would be Yang. Incredible (controled) frantic and colorful
    action, only possible with an exact control method. And the Devs nailed
    it here, too.

Both together are five bucks (for some to much i know), but i would
    throw even more at them just for one reason...i feel the heartblood and
    the sweat in their development.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    And dont forget 2$ more for NightSky, the black dot on the white part of that symbol. Seriously, best week for iOS in quite a while...

11. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Amen to that, and now I'm off to download Le Vamp :)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So glad I picked this up... It's a blast (thank you for the impressions, Frost!)

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    One thing I really like about Le Vamp that I haven't seen commented on is the way power ups are implemented in the shop. Instead of the usual approach where you buy power ups for one time use, here you unlock them with the in-game currency and you level them up, but they occur randomly within the game play. The game also has character upgrades for sale in the shop as well. They have a couple of other categories of items that will be coming in a future version,

The only negative thing I can say about this game is it really gets extremely difficult very rapidly as the game speeds up around 1500 meters into a run.

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #54 TheFrost, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Your more than welcome!

Hope you enjoy it... Please share you thoughts about it :)

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    True! so many good things that is hard to narrow it down. you can also stack powerups and you can use as many as you want at the same time. Some of the future content includes appearance customization and more. Looking forward to that :)

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    We should mention, that it starts out quite slowly, and once you
    got the hang of swiping and get over the 1500-2000 m,
    then it appears to me, that the speed is, of course, pretty fast but...
    it stays steady !
    And to my big surprise, i was on level 16 with my last missing
    mission when i chased a pig (finally!) with luck 100m, and now
    leveling up starts all over again. Very nice to get some easy money
    for the rest of the power ups and things/spells to come.

The best move of the Devs was to let you see and feel the mob
    coming closer to your back, and just when you think it's over, catch
    a pig (if there is one after 3km) and you get some air to breath again.
    And when this happens while you're in bullet time mode, then the
    scene zooms in and shows the Devs geniality. Congrats !

17. drloony

Jul 19, 2012
    I got around to playing this and am glad that I "splurged" on it. I'm a sucker for a good runner, and this is definitely one. Has missions, items and powers to work for which is always nice, and even adds some new tricks to the formula, really neat. Not to mention the great style and atmosphere the art and music create. I know I'll hit a wall with it eventually but it'll be an enjoyable ride

18. number1jagsfan

number1jagsfan Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Still haven't managed to get the game running on my iPad 3. Hangs at various parts at starting up and then crashes after a while

19. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Amazing game. Unique gameplay.

I'm glad I read this topic!

20. drloony

Jul 19, 2012
    Oh ya, 20th on Gamecenter, 4fingaz. Now I can go to bed