Universal Le Vamp - (by High Voltage Software) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 13, 2013.

1. HVS_Community

HVS_Community Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Greetings from the dev team!

Hi Le Vamp fans!

I’m one of the devs on Le Vamp - passing along the teams’ appreciation to you all. Le Vamp is our first iOS title so we’re extremely pleased with the response, the Editor’s Choice on the App Store, and the simple fact that the love we put into the 1st adventure of little Le Vamp has reached so many people.

It goes without saying that we are very excited that you guys are enjoying the game! I wanted to let you all know that we appreciate the support and feedback. Keep em’ coming :D.

That being said, we’re currently investigating the issues some players are having and hope to have an update soon – along with some other surprises.

Keep spreading the word!

You can also keep tabs on us on our Facebook pages:
    https://www.facebook.com/levampgame
    https://www.facebook.com/HighVoltageSoftware

- High Voltage Software

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Right back at ya!! Thanks to you and all participating in developing such a great game. Love it.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    First, welcome to the forums!. Like FEAR says, I love yor game, wish you success!! Btw, any hint on future content?

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Was thinking of picking this up but was concerned about the reported slowdowns on the iPod Touch 4. Sometimes games run better on a 3GS, but was wondering if you've gotten any reports that there are issues on the 3GS as well.

That said, I also do have a Nexus 7 and thought it was curious that you ported your most well known game The Conduit to Android (released last week) but this isn't on Android. Any plans to port Le Vamp?

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I tire of most runners pretty quickly, but I find myself drawn to Le Vamp again and again.

6. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    My girlfriend loves this game, but she already got all upgrades and want more, where we can expect more stuff added ingame? especially stuff with COMING SOON text :)

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Same here... and I think its because it starts to get hard pretty soon so I always feel that my highscore isnt far away, and always keep improving... slowly but improving :p

8. franck

franck New Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Looks really interesting...

9. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone any tips for the mission to herd the same pig for 100 meters? I have accomplished all the other missions, and I have all the relevant power ups and upgrades, but this mission eludes me still. I guess I have to fling a pig to just the right spot to get it to stay on screen that long. I will keep trying...

10. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Question - I'm usually not amazing at runners; my reflexes aren't super-fast and I tend to die fairly often. (Though I haven't played a runner on my iPad yet.) For the novices like me, is the game forgiving in terms of difficulty? It looks really nifty, but if it's going to end up being more frustrating than satisfying, I'll pass.

Thanks. :)

11. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The game is pretty easy put o near 1500 meters and then it gets brutal quick. Powerups saved until near then really help, at least briefly. It is frantic but fun.

12. HVS_Community

HVS_Community Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Hey slewis7, HVS here.
    Have you tried buying the Bacon Cologne and Swim Lessons upgrades? The Tough Pork upgrade can help here too. It's easier to get this mission when Le Vamp going a bit faster too. Even though this is a top-tier mission we're looking at doing a balance pass on some of the missions for a future update.

And to Enriana, we strove to balance the game for a wide array of users so that even casual players could jump in and have fun. Endless Runners do tend to have a 'hardcore' slant so our hope was that as people play and get hooked that their skills improve! Of course I'm biased so I'll let the rest of the forum chime in. ;)

Apologies to you all for not posting more often. It's been a hectic week here! Really glad you are all enjoying the game. Feedback from the community is always welcome!

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #73 Qwertz555, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    LOL

That was my last one too. Can't remember how i did it, but it was
    after i upgraded the "tough pig". Maybe i made a little herd of four
    pigs (where a not-yet-thrown pig is the last) with the possibility to
    kill the pumkins ahead and chase it a bit longer.?.

@Enriana
    "It looks really nifty, but if it's going to end up being more frustrating than satisfying, I'll pass."

But if you pass, you will never know, right ?

I make it short. I spent two bucks and spent more than eleven hours
    with this gorgeous game. Superdeal to me.

But i'm not finished yet, since i'm awaiting the spells, dear Devs.

Edit: i'd like to see how far my run was, possible ?

14. ChunderMan

ChunderMan New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    slewis7:

Hi, another HVS dev here (lead designer). While all missions are achievable with zero upgrades, the pig herding mission is definitely one of the hardest! Like my colleague recommended, Swim Lessons and Tough Pork will definitely help, as will attempting this one at around 1000m and above. Additionally, Bacon Cologne will keep the pigs from running away until the last second, giving them the maximum screen time.

My personal main strategy is to let a running pig get as close as possible to the right edge of the screen, then toss it back, trying to land him just in front of Le Vamp. Double Fling will help with your accuracy in this, too. The goal distance is cumulative, so if you toss the pig back even a short distance, he'll wait to start running again until Le Vamp draws near. The main hinderence to this strategy is Le Gourde a Trois.

Right now, you just have to get lucky to avoid the pumpkins, but in a future update I would like to add a second stage to the Tough Pork Upgrade that would allow the pigs to bust through them! :)

Anyway, glad to hear so may of you like the game. Please continue to put feedback here, I'm always checking!

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I kind of disagree with the rating giving on the frontpage. A 4 doesnt do this game justice, at least .5 more. A 4 means "average".

Reasons for that 0.5 more:: excellent coin rate, way better than the competition, the store too, the use of powerups too. Here it were most other games fail at, and this one delivers pretty good. This shouldnt be ignored for the sake of iOS. And for the good and healthy future.

This game is fresh air into the genre, should be mentioned. And this comes for a huge endless runner fan that think this is the best genre ever, so I know my stuff.

First, welcome to TA! Second, please add another enviroment :)

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... 3 is always average to me, and a 4 is a great game, but can be improved. 5 is an almost perfect game, with only a few tweaks that may improve it.

17. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Same here - 4 or higher makes me take notice; sometimes 3.5. I haven't tried this game out yet (still waffling) but a 4 star review is pretty great, especially for right out of the gate.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #78 TheFrost, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Other than rating (which are a personal preference for each of us), do you agree with the rest, Exact-Psience?

19. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to all for the tips on chasing the pig for 100 meters. I have not had any luck yet, but I will keep on trying. I am looking forward to any future expansions of this great runner!

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I'll be glad when there is an update to optimize this a little better. Great game when I can play it.