Universal Legendary Wars (By Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Liv Games, Jan 27, 2011.

1. JGary321

JGary321 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009

+1

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #42 ArtNJ, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Notwithstanding my rant about the unit names, I am playing and enjoying the game. Its fun, but with the long load times, non-retina graphics, and control awkwardness its not on par with Trenches or Crystal War in my opinion. Not sure if they have retina, but they are definitely better looking, faster loading, easier to control (well at least trenches is, Crystal War doesnt have as much control) and, at the least, just as fun and in depth. The brand new Paladog is 1/3 the price, and arguably (and in my opinion) better even if you ignore the load times.

3. nobelak555

nobelak555 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Thanks for game, please add Retina support. :)

4. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    For some of us, the theme matters. Trenches is World War 1, Paladog has cutesy bears and such, and well actually Crystal War has the same high fantasy that Legendary Wars has perhaps so it might be good by comparison. Don't think that Crystal Wars has Retina support though, but I could be wrong.
    Just like I would rather play a high fantasy MMORPG than a superhero one, taste and polish wins out for me here.

5. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Is there a way to move all your units forward at the same time? Or can you only select units one by one?

6. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    You can use group control to move all your units. Press and hold somewhere on the battle field until the group control hud pops up. Press a command(left,guard, or right) and everybody you control is given that order.

7. J.Leson

Nov 27, 2010
    Awesome! Thanks, I must of somehow missed that during the tutorials. Or maybe I haven't gotten there yet! Great game, great graphics. In love with the first 10 minutes of the game, so far!

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    #48 Teh_Ninja, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Can the load times be fixed, it makes the game nearly unplayable.

Also some other things to fix: The controls are OK, but it seems that so often my units will completely ignore the enemy units, unless I make them attack them, can you add it to where your units will auto attack the nearest enemy unit UNLESS you already have them attackin a enemy.

Also am I missing something, but it seems there is no STOP feature and if I accidentally move one of my units I have to keep moving them back and forth, while still making more units, until I have a large enough army to attack.

Another thing I know your supposed to micromanage your units, but it's tough, having to constentaly mine, and scroll and attack units, I don't think it works, it makes it to much of an inconvenience with the screen space. Could you add a ATTACK ALL option so you can have ALL your units attack a certain enemy?

Other then these things, it's a fun game that has some flaws holding it back.

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I think trenches is the worst control wise out of all of those. But that is a matter of opinion.

But as far as graphics go... you may like the art style of this one less than the others but this game has some of the best graphical features on the app store. Its fully animated, the combat actually has the shadows drwawn in as well, the water splashes, the fire burns, the sun gives off a lens flare effect while it moves across the screen.

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Loading times?

It takes about 4 seconds on my iphone 4..

11. evilgeniusmario

evilgeniusmario New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Game Impressions

The game runs pretty smoothly as soon as the action starts up. It's one of the more varied Castle Attack/Castle Defense games out there, and the character sprites are really good! Digging the music, too. I'm excited for future updates!

12. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Obviously, but on previous gen devices the load times need to be fixed, I know it can't be the hardware, because of have tons of other heavy graphic games that load way faster.

13. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    IAP greed

I am not one to complain about IAP but I have to buy allot of moonstars to even unlock the other modes. Gear and upgrades I understand but you freaking want me to spend more money just to play the other Dan modes? WTF!? Hasn't anyone else noticed this? At the current rate of moonstones you get in the game you will still have to pay like a extra 10 to 15 $ just to play the other modes. You can easily spend 20 to 30 $ just to play the game the way it should be. How the hell has no one else noticed this? I am really dissapont because I like the game and would gladly pay as much for it as the big titles like Dead Space but trying to F people out of that much money? The other modes should come with the Dam game buying moonstones for armor and gems fine.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ummm.... can't you buy moonstones using the in game gems and isn't the story mode repeatable to get more gems?

Pretty sure those are both correct. So you can get everything without buying any iap.

Spend time and unlock it.

15. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    If you're having trouble beating a level in the campaign, can you replay previous levels to increase stats? Just curious...

16. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    No you cannot buy them
    With jems. That's what I thought. What you are seeing is a IAP for 2,000 gems and 2 moonstars for money. Click on it and you will see. And the amount of moons you get from playing you would have to play trough like 10 times to get enough just to unlock the other modes. If you want to upgrade your guys and unlock the other modes you will have to play trough like no joke 50 times. You will see like it did as you continue to play that it will get you to buy them A's IAP. Not
    Cool for the other modes like I said I understand with optional gear etc but just to play to dam game?

17. J.Leson

Nov 27, 2010
    Can someone confirm this? I'd really like to know.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes you can repeat any mission you have done before - you just will not get as many coins the second time through.

19. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Promise and pinkie swear. The game is great. However I did not realize it revolved around trying to get you to spend more and more money with IAP. Buy the game if you are OK with paying at least another 5 to 10 bucks. I spent lots of time saving gems because they make it look like you can trade gems for moonstones but when I clicked on it boom would you like to purchase 5 moonstones and 5,000 gems for 1.99? Then I was like what the heck it's a good game I think I will. Then they were spend in about 5 min and then I went to play the side scrolling mode on levels I already played and unlocked and then a message pops up do you want to use a moonstone to unlock this one side scrolling level. ONE out of like 5 . It doesn't even unlock at least the whole side scrolling mode. Just one freaking level of it. Want to to play the next survival or side scrolling level better cough up another dang gem. Then you find out wow I need to play trough the game again and again over days or buys more moonstones.

20. pXe

pXe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I want to know this too.
    Was going to buy it, but i dont if it has that kind of IAP.

pXe