Universal Legendary Wars (By Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Liv Games, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    To The Developer

Liv Games:
    Your game is great. Well polished insanely fun creative and I love playing it. I think you should absolutely be rewarded for making such a great game. However I think you made a massive mistake in making the IAP sneaky and way to nessasary for a paid game. If all modes did not need a darn gem to unlock I would pay double for this game. But I feel a bit duped right now and I even purchase your largest package of gems and moonstones and then I realized holy crap I am going to either be playing this game to unlock everything for months or have to buy more IAPs. I just spent A's much on this game A's dead space and yet need to maybe spend more? How can EA make money off a game like dead space for 6.99 and you guys are about to get me to spend $ 20? Look I want you to make lots of money off your very good game but I feel a bit duped and I fear you will soon find out I am not the only person. You may have just killed your game and that's sad because I think it a great game.

2. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    One more rant.

Just update so at least the endless ,survival and side scrolling modes can be unlocked by beating the story mode like all other games. I will gladly pay for some IAPs to more quickly upgrade armor and such but draw the line with the way it is set up with the other modes. That just seems so greedy. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how hard you are pushing the IAP by how few moonstones you get in game. I work for a very large corporation and run the sales and marketing Div. And I see exactly what you are doing and it ruins a real gem of a game.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Can't you replay sections of the story to get additional moonstones? I am not that far in yet. But I am pretty sure it was stated that everything in game can be unlocked with out iap.

4. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Yes in theory you could. But you will see as I did that you would have to play trough and trough again and put maybe a hundred hours into it. And I am not being dramatic. You will see what I am talking about. They only put IAP in games because they want you to part with more money and they will get you to do just that. You will need far more moonstones than you will be satisfied with by getting them in game. You will see and then like me you will be like WTF?

5. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Oh and no you cannot go back and play a world for another moonstone. Gems yes at a reduced amount but to get more moonstones you have to wait untill you beat it and then start all over again. If you could do it the way you are talking
    About then that would be cool and fair and make you feel like you were not being sucked in to spend a amount that you would pay for a console game.

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Please Liv Games, can you confirm this please, that the IAP is nothing you can not unlock in the regular game.

7. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    You can unlock it. But it requires moonstones to do it. And you will fast find out that they are few and far between. And don't forget you need moonstones to get the legenary armor and more miners and other things. So the fact you need them to unlock the other levels in the other modes is how they try to get you to purchase they via a IAP. You can unlock everything without a IAP but you will have to put many many many hours into
    It. And I don't mean like 10 or 15 hours I mean maybe you will have everything unlocked by late summer if you play everyday. Why would they put IAPs in if not to try as hard as possible to get you to use them?

8. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    #68 Liv Games, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Due to demand we have decided to move retina before iPad (we listent to you!)

@Teh_Ninja- Tap a unit who is doing something to select him. Tap him again and he goes into guard mode. The closest to attack all you can do at this time is group attack forward.

@DtheGOPKiller your actually wrong. Please update your review on the appstore assuming thats you saying the same thing there :0 To all those wondering. You do not need IAP to get everything in the game. You can unlock it all just by playing all 3 difficulty modes. There are TONS of moonstones available if you play the game to FULL completion. Modes are a bonus that if you want to unlock you need to actually play through the game. Much like in PVZ you can collect coins over time to get the most rare things. Also your comment of hundreds of hours is a rediculous overstatement. We had one expert beta tester beat the first difficulty in 1 day.

@MisterDrgn Yes you can replay any level. Just select it on the world map.

9. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    No word yet?

They may take awhile to respond because they are like oh crap were busted. And are trying to figure out what to say to blow sunshine up your rear. They are playing with fire the way they have the game set up. Why have IAP for paid games? Make the game charge what you need to make money and dont try to suck every last penny out of your customers. Make it free with IAP or just freaking charge a few bucks more and don't do the whole IAP crap.

10. Remedy4me

Remedy4me New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #70 Remedy4me, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    Refund Steps

Fixed

11. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    You can look at my posts and see I said you can unlock without IAP but you absolutely make it so for it to be realistic you will have to buy a IAP. And no you will not get enough moonstones by playing trough each difficulty once you are playing word games and you are being coy. Why did you put the IAPs in for? Come on it's a trick it's the old hey in theory you could get everything but really we make it so you will get a IAP. Also no you cannot play another level and get a moonstone that you previously played until you are able to play it on another difficulty. So go ahead and play the game with people that you are playing and then they will be even more angry because they will see you are just mixing words and doing the while yea you could unlock without a IAP but who will play for eight hours a day? And you didn't answer why you need to unlock the other modes with moonstones? It's OK because like me when people put more time into the game they will see exactly what I am talking about then I predict you will change some of things I mentioned because people will be pissed. This IAP
    Purchase crap in paid games is the surest way to narrow your customer base. So good luck with that. You should really take some lessons from the games that do
    Really well and those are the ones that people don't feel like the Devs are constantly still trying to get more money even after you paid a decent price for their product.

12. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    We have a known issue with ios 3. We have already fixed it and will send it to apple soon. Are you on ios3?

13. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Ill make one last comment on the IAP, I don't have time to go back and forth a whole bunch. IAP was not even possible during beta and we had people play through without issue. To claim that you need IAP to beat the game is just false. The third difficulty got the least testing because its the farthest into the game. If it turns out to be too hard it will be adjusted down. I think you are over reacting.
    From the beginning, our stance on IAP was if you want to get stuff faster it's there, but it's 100% not needed to play the game as it was intended. The game was designed and tested without any IAP consideration. We didn't even finalize what the IAP amounts would be until the very end.

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Legendary Wars is now in the Top 200!

15. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    yeah i beat the game on normal w/o any real difficulty (3 trys or more)

16. inmostlight

inmostlight New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Will the iPad version be a separate app we need to wait for, or will the current one eventually be upgraded to universal to support that?

17. DtheGOPkiller

Aug 16, 2010
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Final thought.

Look as gameplay stands the game is one of the best I have played on my touch. The IAP thing I just get riled up about when it seems sneaky. It was put in just before realease and to me that seems fishy. No mention it wasnt in the Beta just boom there it is. It just seems whenever a game has IAP they tweak the game to gear you to buy them. That's what they are for and it's sales. A game as good as this one it would be a shame to see it go down that road.

18. JGeldhof

JGeldhof Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Comic Artist / Illustrator
    Kent, Ohio
    I'd like to know this as well. If it's going to be a free Universal update, I'll pick it up now. If not, I'll have to wait. Not going to buy the same game twice.

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I was a beta tester. I played through the first time no problem. In fact I had to email the developers wondering what in the heck the IAP WAS and what the heck was this outrage over.

I will say this - it is absolutely possible to play without IAP. Several of us did. But, of course, we had to work for it. By and large the gamer on the go these days wants things quickly, the best for the least amount of effort. In looking closer at the IAP that is what it is. There is nothing there you can't do on your own. You aren't SUPPOSED to have an infinite amount of moonstones in the first world but if you want them you can buy them. If you use your moonstones wisely you will progress.

It was not "sneaky" on the developers part to add it before launch. The way that we beta testers played without it showed that the balance was correct without it. If we tested WITH it there would be a false sense of balance and accomplishment. Liv Games was MORE than open to suggestions that we had and SEVERAL levels were rebalanced if too many of us were having trouble beating them. Right there, that shows their goal was to make a game beatable without IAP. If in the end it was added for the impulsive, anxious, speedy player then so be it. It was not sneaky.

Unfortunately some developers have made the concept of IAP a dirty word. Just because one developer is trying to milk the consumer using it does not mean every developer is. Liv Games is NOT milking anyone. The game stands alone on its own with NO IAP necessary (said again). But unfortunately those that have a bad taste for it just might not believe me. I encourage you to look at the game with an open mind and resist the temptation and I promise you will have an enjoyable experience and a sense of accomplishment from beating the game on its own merits and not via "cheats."

20. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    #80 Liv Games, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    @inmostlight related to ipad question. We aren't really sure. The game is already 100 megs almost and with retina graphics your looking at 3x the graphics space(a single 1024x1024 becomes 1 1024x1024 and 1 2048x2024). Adding in iPad graphics in the mix will increase it even more. We will let the public know when we decide but it will not be any time soon.

@New England Gamer
    Thanks for your words of support. Your comments are 100% accurate.
    Some levels are like a puzzle. Dont try to brute force it with your normal strategy. Maybe thats happening? If you feel you have to go get moonstones to pass a level you may be using the wrong strategy or one that is ineffective on your current level. Don't be afraid to mix it up.