Universal Legendary Wars (By Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Liv Games, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Same Here. I have iphone 4 so would prefer universal unless retina update coming to fix the blurry graphics...both would be ideal :)

2. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    #122 sakinnuso, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    I don't get the hesitation when it comes to the app size for iPad users. I think that most iPad users feel the same way whereby if the choice comes down to waiting months for a game, or simply having a very large universal or iPad specific app, We would take the larger app every time.

I am excited about playing legendary wars due to the overwhelming hype, and the fact that it reminds me so much of Crystal Wars. A large part of a game's success has to be impulse purchases, and nothing dulls the desire to LITERALLY toss money at a dev (because iPad users have voracious appetites) than having to wait months to play a game after the excitement has dissipated. Rhinelands comes to mind...

If you guys at Liv Games are on the fence, just release the ballooned app for us iPad users. Those hi res sprites will look glorious on our devices, and can't you patch and retroactively shrink in updates? Even if iPad gamers only make up 2 percent of the aud, we are ready.

Case in point? Battle hearts? Was on the fence, I saw Universal, insta purchase. Def one of my favorite games in rotation now...

Congrats on the buzz!

3. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    #123 PraetorianX, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    and you got this numbers where? anyhow,there is a reason for that - IPad apps pricing. and as you see,there is more than enough people who own both IPhone and IPod or IPod alone,and want to be able to get one universal package. And thats what's holding me from buying at the moment. lets face it- the future is after universal apps. Hey Liv Games, make it Universal and charge $5 for it. That would be perfect. just my 2 cents

4. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Update

Hey Guys,

Update went live in some stores that takes care of the crashing people were experiencing with OS 3 devices. Please don't forget to update your reviews if you were experiencing a crash :)

We also included:
    -New lane arrow art (easier to deselect units)
    -Tower elfy fix
    -Balancing and minor bug fixes
    -Mooo secret

5. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I plan to pick this up, but only after the Retina update or there is a sale. I am guessing Retina will come first.

Also, if the artwork was already drawn in high resolution, why wasn't it Retina at the start?

6. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hi Serian,

the game was actually was conceived in late 2009 - way before retina was even announced. We made the assets in high resolution with a goal of putting them on the Ipad eventually. The development ended up being so long that we felt the game was polished enough and looked good enough to release.

Adding Retina would mean having to adapt a new graphic engine which would mean introducing bugs and we didn't want that since the game was pretty polished. We have been working on retina nearly 2 weeks now and we hope we can have that ready this month along with Gamecenter leaderboards and achievements and improved control and hero AI. (Basically take care of the few complaints we received about the game)

We are listening.

Thanks for all the support

7. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    When would the update come out where it decreses load times on older models?

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You're not even in the ballpark. Apple has already sold over 15 million iPads, out of perhaps 120 million devices, that is around 12%.

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    LW keeps climbing the charts! Now #74! :):D:)

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, duh. Of course iPad users would prefer the universal app. But all of the iPhone-only users prefer the smaller app.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  12. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Struck gold with Kotaku --> Gizmodo feature :p Congrats guys.

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Congrats. I guess it is time for me to play it again but from the release nit the beta!

14. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    That was a good review. They gave us a 4/5.

It seems some people really like the degree of control and others find it difficult. We are working on a solution.

I think the degree of control you have makes it harder to manage the units, so we will look into simplifying that.

A lot of people miss that there is an unselect button at the edge of the lane.

We made it much more prominent in the latest update :)

15. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thanks!

Going to Macworld was insanely hard work but it paid off since a lot of the press really got a hands on tutorial with the game. I'd recommend to go there in the future if its a possibility :)

16. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Another great review from Gamezebo.

http://www.gamezebo.com/iphone-games/legendary-wars
    Who wants to defend a garden from zombies when you can defend a castle from MUTANT ZOMBIES?

We never thought we would be compared to P v Z this much and honestly its an honor because our dev team really loves the game. :)

17. chibixleon

chibixleon Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I don't regret the 3 dollars I've spent but like many users have pointed out, it's such a huge headache having to micro manage each knight that is produced. I love the concept and some of the execution but the controls are horrible. We need a better clearer group select function, lanes need to be better highlighted, it shouldbe easier to deselect units. The control is the biggest reason I'm not recommending this game to all my friends.

18. chibixleon

chibixleon Member

Feb 2, 2011
    The biggest difference between this and PvZ is that PvZ's control scheme is better, you generally didnt have to worry about the unit once it was produced. I don't mind controlling the units after they're made but the controls have to be more polished.

Suggestion: Please make there be some sort of indicator if you've selected a unit other than the unit flashing. Put a cursor on top of the selected unit or some such in order to make it clearer for the user.

19. velasquezmc

velasquezmc New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Awesome game, been playing it more than I should be haha

Anyone have any tips for level 4-9, I've tried it at least 30 times and failed them all. I tried rushing the base and taking it out before the big gargoyle gets there and i've tried waiting for him but they both don't work for me. Does the hero wizard not have a special attack? Also are the hero levels meant to be so that you can't change units and are stuck with the hero the whole level? If not how do you switch units?

And i'm not sure if this is a bug or something happened in the story that made him dissappear, but for some reason the archer that sits in my base has been gone for a while.

Again awesome game can't wait to beat this level so i can play more haha