Universal Legends of Yore (by Coke and Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, May 3, 2011.

1. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Great to see this little gem getting love from the dev, one of my favorite roguelikes on iOS. Everyone get this!

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    thanks for the info, going to give another chance and see if the problems are fixed on my 4S if i end up liking i think i will buy it

3. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    It's stopped crashing and the lag is gone. But it seems like the graphics look stretched to fit ipod touch 5's wider screen. There are also two single-pixel white lines on the play area.

It's ok on my ipad though, so I guess I'll stick to playing on this. I'm just happy I can play this again.

4. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    I'm sure the dev will fix it soon. He's pretty reponsive on Twitter to the users. I'm playing LOY on my iPod 4G and it runs just as awesome as it did before.

I'm also really glad that I can finally play this gem again. Played it more than 3 hours today, definitely one of the best rogue-likes on iOS.

5. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Phosphon Armor

Hello, all! I am a level-186 warrior, and recently completed all quests for this fantastic game. The only two things I am unable to get are the Majestic Boots and the Phosphon Armor.

According to the Web site, you should get the Phosphon Armor by slaying the Clay Golem creature; however, I only get a Town Portal. Also, you acquire the Majestic Boots by killing the Cowled Lizard; however, again, I get merely a Town Portal.

I have killed each of these creatures over a dozen times, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    frisbee10461

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #186 ojtitus, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Just wanted to say that I am still having the same graphical issues I have had since this came back on iTunes, I always have a couple lines of pixels running vertically that don't display properly. I'm using an iPad mini with the newest iOS.

Attached Files:

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Me too, same graphical issue as ojtitus on my iPod Touch 5G running iOS 6.1.2... but the rest of the game works fine.

Also, it looks like Coke and Code just released a semi-sequel, Wizards of Yore.

8. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Dungeon Highway

It also seems like Code and Coke released a first-person Legends of Yore type of game, titled Dungeon Highway. Check it out.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Nah, different developer. Same (licensed) sprites. You had me excited for a split second, there.

In other news, you made me check Coke and Code's page and they're working on Legends of Yore 2 which is great news.

Also - I am also experiencing the graphical glitch others mentioned (Ipad mini on IOS 7)

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I just bought this and unfortunately it must have been broken by iOS 8 or 9 because all I get is a black screen when I try to open the game. I am so disappointed cause this looks so awesome please developer come back to fix it !

11. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    I'm hoping the developer sees the ReLoad article and that he lets us know if there is any plan to update this to work on current phones.

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I sure hope so cause I need to play this