Universal Legends of Yore (by Coke and Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, May 3, 2011.

1. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    The difference is if you save your IAP files manually, if ever you needed to reinstall from your files, you would already have the full game.

If the game was no longer available in the app store, I'm pretty sure you could not restore your purchases to it to enable full mode.

Rixx

2. kevglass

kevglass Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    There appears to be an issue as well as the wrong weapon here. I'll have it resolved in the next update (which I've just submitted for apple approval).

There's also no difference between the IAP and Full Version. They actually do exactly the same thing apart from the Full Version is prepaid.

Cheers,

Kev

3. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    #123 STYJ, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    I'm trying to decide on this one or Sword of Fargoal . I know that this is free so I can always give it a try but I wanna know what are their differences.

Take note that I'm new to this genre so yeah .. :)

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  5. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    The graphics arn't stolen, they are a creative commons set so they are present in lots of different games.

Realm of the Mad God is great btw :)

Kev

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    oh alright thamks

7. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cool cause I hit level 20 and bought the IAP over the weekend hehe...

8. badbug76

badbug76 Member

Jun 8, 2011
    "There's also no difference between the IAP and Full Version. They actually do exactly the same thing apart from the Full Version is prepaid."

Agree!

9. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Version 789 is now live on the AppStore, including:

- Rework UI again
    - Multi-item stash
    - Fix typos in descriptions
    - Change level of spade and fishing rod
    - Add enchantment descriptions
    - Update data lists
    - Making panning and identification independent
    - Fix enchantment issues
    - Fix force close
    - Add horse transport
    - Identify implemented - long press or right click on a monster to see their information
    - Performance improvements for Android startup
    - Set modifier shown on statistics screen
    - More powerful heal potions added

I'll be prepping the next version for approval and trying to get it submitted over the weekend before I'm off on holiday for a week.

Thanks for all the comments and feedbacks so far guys! :)

Kev

10. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    There are still gfx errors on game text due to scaling on ipad 2 but you probably know it already as i reported it earlier :) would be nice to have sharp looking text though ;)

11. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Yep, it's on the list - unfortunately I don't have an iPad 2 so I've been holding off - hoping the emulator shows the same artefacts.

Kev

12. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    The new version including the new pirate town went live while I was holiday. It should be available on the app store now.

Kev

13. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    The next version is up with lots of exciting stuff, including skills, spell books and crafting. Still waiting on the full version to be approved by Apple tho :)

Kev

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Hey Kev, just wanted to say you are doing a great job with this game and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for all the hard work. One thing I would personally love to see added is the appearance of the hero change with different equipment. That would really make getting new gear all the sweeter. :D

15. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    The works not over yet - so much more to come ;)

Thanks for the positives. There are actually item sets in game that change your appearance (as does the advanced class later on). The only issue with visible armor is the size of the sprites - very little room to make everything look right.

Cheers,

Kev

16. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, my request was really just wishful thinking that I thought I would share with you, Thanks for listening. :D Glad to hear that there is more content coming, I will try to keep my review on itunes up to date. Thanks again for all your work on this fun game Kev. :)

17. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    When do you start getting skills as the warrior?

18. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    You get skills by going to the training camp and talking to the guy in the house. You can get to the training camp by exiting north out of the starting town and then going to that areas southwest entrance which leads to the training camp. You have to be a certain level to learn different skills, I don't know what level your character has to be to learn their first skill. I was level 12 when I found the training camp and I was able to learn one skill then told to come back at level 16 to learn the next skill. I play as an archer, I don't know if different character classes learn skills at different levels. Hope this helps. :)

19. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    So I purchased this game a long time ago, played it some, but have purposely stopped playing due to the crazy amounts of updates. I guess I'm waiting until it's "finished" so I can have the whole experience at once. However, I'm getting the itch to start. If I begin now, will all the future updates only pertain to after the current end of the game, or will I have to backtrack to complete all the missions and such?

Thanks.

20. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm somewhat wondering the same thing! How far along are the updates? I just started playing this gem of a game last night, and holy hell is it incredible. :eek:

If kev still comes around here, I would say there are a few graphical glitches that need working out, at least on my iPad 2. And it would be nice to offer rotation support for people like me who prefer to hold my iPad so the smart cover flap is on the bottom vs the top! ;)