Universal Letterpress Word Game - by atebits

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ionian

ionian Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I hope these server issues can be solved soon, as its almost unplayable at the moment - I get errors preventing me from starting games with friends, and errors nearly every turn in the games that are already running.

The game itself is fantastic, but these issues must be solved as soon as possible.

2. KyleMac

KyleMac Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Anyone want to add me on GC? I'm "KyleMac7".

Currently my win/lose ratio must be something like 30/0, even won a few games in 3 moves. So far I've only run into one person who seemed to even understand how to play this game.

Rematch button is a must. All I ever did on Words with Friends was rematch anyone who beat me or gave me a close game and after two months I'd have 10 really good opponents. The general public is terrible at word games; too many people rage quit when you play rude words or just forfeit when they're behind.

The design of the app reminds me of Metro for some reason. Probably due to some similarities with the obviously Metro influenced Github app on Windows.

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Same here! I'm 11/0 currently. Added you!

4. KyleMac

KyleMac Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I accepted your invite but how do I actually invite you to a game? When I go to "invite friends" the list shows "friends who haven't played" and you're not on it, presumably because you have played the game. "Recent friends" says "unable to load friends".

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I will get this game the second ^this gets implemented

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It seems to be working better on my iPad 2. So far no problems. But maybe coincidence.

7. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm betting that has to do with the Game Center Asynchronous server failing. I sometimes get errors up the wazoo when trying to play a word. Also, pull to refresh would be very wonderful.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What an awesome asynchronous word game. As soon as I saw the menus, I knew it had to be good. The interface just screams quality. Love the unique stealing portion of the game. Definitely unlocking the full version. 4.5 stars from TA, EC game from Apple, and already in the top 10 free games. You really can't start off much better than that.

9. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Awesome Game

Awesome game !
    unlocked the additional features to support the devs right after the first play.

After many more games here are my wishes for an updated version:

• add German dictionary (other languages as well)
    • implement some stats tracking (longest win streak etc.)
    • add re-match button at the end

This games is nearly perfect, please keep it such stylish light and simple

10. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Great game!

11. Tranquillado

Tranquillado Member

Jul 30, 2010
    New York, NY
    If any of my Happy Street pals wants so play a round or two please send an invite.

And if we're not already on each other's GC friends lists then let's remedy that. :)

12. BiznessTime

BiznessTime Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Great game but it needs:

- Rematch button after a win/loss
    - Next game button after a move
    - CHAT
    - Pull to refresh games
    - Win/loss record stats

The Game Center bugginess from yesterday seems like its mostly gone today, but a move to their own servers would be good for the long run.

Other than that, I'm digging it.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I seem to be having better luck with the server too as of last night. Hopefully it sticks.

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Lucky :(
    I still can't get a game to stick.

15. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I was all set to unlock and then I started getting a bunch of gamecenter issues. Right now I can't even start any further games. I only have one active game (two finished) and attempts to start another are met with "buy now to unlock more simultaneous games" -- even though earlier I was allowed two active games at once.

16. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Hopefully the lack of developer interaction means they are hard at work fixing the problems.

Still having server issues today.

17. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Great game but, seriously, the log in issues are crippling it. I can't play at all right now for the second night in a row. I'll give the dev a few days to address it then I'm asking for a refund.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I got those errors about being unable to play with friends at the beginning. If you cannot begin a game with somebody, tell that somebody to check their GC settings and to activate the option "accept play invitations from friends" or something like that. In my case it solved all my problems with that.

There are also server issues, but I'm not sure if they are the devs fault or Apple's fault, because yesterday with the European price tag change, buying from iTunes was just impossible. Every single app gave errors, and GC connections didn't work too well either.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The server issues seem to have gone away for me as of last night. I haven't had a problem since then. Both on iPad and iPhone. Yeah!

20. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Gamecenter is the problem it seems. Been playin a couple others in addition to this & having loading/login issues on all.