Universal Lil' Pirates - by Capcom & IUGO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Are you retarded?

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    No r u?

3. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    graphics are crapola on the ipad, also getting tired of the time-sink-without-$dlc genre.

4. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

#44 IUGOME, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    iPad version of LP will be coming out in the SECOND update so hang tight.

5. Sparton

Sparton Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Game Designer (IUGO Mobile Entertainment)
    The Great White North (Canada)
    You don't need to add random people to Facebook to have them in your in-game League of Captains. You can also add them to your League by using their e-mail that's tied to their Lil' Pirates account (which could be their Facebook e-mail, or a different e-mail if they upgraded to use an e-mail account).

Also, due to new changes in Facebook policy, you don't see wall posts for game apps on your news feed anymore, unless you already play that game. So feel free to share as much as you'd like, and your grandmother won't chastise you for it. People will only see an occasional "discovery" story in their news feed, or see your posts if they look specifically at your wall.

You get a few freebie doubloons at certain levels, but not every level.

In addition to that and IAP, you can also get more doubloons by getting free bonus chests that friends send you when they level up, and also for completing certain objectives in the game.

6. MrBaconpants

MrBaconpants Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Web Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I really like this game and this is coming from someone that hates time management games. I like the fact that you can customize everything, but that’s not the only reason to play. I got bored with WeFarm because the only reason to play was to customize and make shops for your friends. This game on the other hand has battles, mini games, and random interactive elements (like scaring mice off the decks). This to me makes the game fun to play. I feel like I am really accomplishing something.

PROS:
    • Fun graphics and animations
    • Money is easy to get and so are Doubloons
    • Mini games (wish they were harder)
    • So much to customize
    • No lag
    • Polished!!!

CONS:
    • Needs better friend management (Game Center will fix this)
    • Notification tags are confusing (don’t know what there for)
    • Needs chat or messaging with friends

Wish List:
    • More mini games (it would be cool to speed up a mission with a mini game just like you can speed up crew with one downtime)
    • Game Center
    • Messages (Maybe have messaging be done with bottles)

This is a great game that adds a few features that make it more than just another time management game! If you a fan of these games you will love it, if your normally not a fan of these games you should at least give this one a try. Its FREE!

The only thing I don’t like about it is the FB integration and I am glad this will be fixed in the next update.

7. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

What a great review Baconpants!

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I too would LOVE to see in game chat or in the very least a message board to share thoughts with your friends on their ship or if they steal your treasure. :p

What an amazing thing to hear from someone who normally doesn't play this kind of game. That's what we're aiming for!

8. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

I SO want to play this!

But I borrowed my iPod touch... :mad:

9. eriathien

eriathien Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    California
    Liking this game a lot so far but...

is there anyway to switch back from a Facebook account? I changed mine to it and now I wish I hadn't. Maybe I am just not noticing it? :(

10. Sparton

Oct 26, 2009
    Currently, no.

Once the update with Game Center arrives, though, you'll be able to have your account tied to either or both.

11. eriathien

eriathien Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    California
    Aw, poo. Guess I'll start a new game then. Thanks :)

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #52 Cilo, Nov 4, 2010
    I'd be cautious of posting your private email. This is why GameCenter is set up where your email doesn't have to be shared, even member use of TA doesn't require users to share their email in order to use certain functions of the board like PM, or groups, ect.

Call me paranoid, idk, just a little over a lot of apps phishing for emails, especially freemium titles.

With that said, will give it a go once the GC update hits.

13. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I definitely prefer GameCenter over Facebook. Most of my Facebook friends don't have idevices or game all that much.

GameCenter Name: Zghying

14. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    One thing that really annoys me with this game is the load screens. You get shown a picture of a really vamped up ship with all the upgrades, and you think, 'jeez! is that my boat?!'. Then you realise it isn't, and instead it is some lousy wooden piece of junk.

But a good game otherwise.

15. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Can you play this game on facebook? Because what's the point of inviting my irl friends if they don't have a idevice.

I went on the page on fb only let's me invite ppl and that it /: There should be a facebook version as well that connects with our idevice version. (if there isn't one already )

16. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Okay, if I am going for the email route, it means those will be my real friends and in this case, I would like to see the email input to tie up with my contact list on my iPhone so I don't have to manually enter it one by one, and in most cases, I forgot what they are.

17. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    IUGO, I was thinking since the holidays are coming, maybe make some items to get a scrooge like me in the spirit.

Some suggestions:

-Gingerbread boat
    -Santa outfit for your captain and elf outfits for your crew
    -Snowman/Candy cane/Fake plastic reindeer decorations for your ship

18. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #58 Leegames, Nov 4, 2010
    Great game

I love this game, and how it does not force anything down your throat. You do not have to buy anything unless you feel like a in a hurry. And the options are great, lots to do. lots to buy. I only wish the graphics didnt go blurry when you zoom in. If that was updated either with higher res, or the ability to switch of zooming I would be a happy pirate...yaaaar :)

19. TaiwanTeddy

TaiwanTeddy Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Delete Account

I want to change the name of my captain, is there a way to do that? Since i couldn't find one, i decided to start a new account but couldn't connect to facebook with the new one since the old one was still log into it. How do I go about to deleting the old account so i can log the new one into facebook?

20. Sparton

Oct 26, 2009
    If you click on the FP bar at the top-center of the screen, it gives you a text field to change your Cap'n's name.