Lili $2.99->99c

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Are you guys really still thinking? GET IT.
    Probably the 3 Best Games Of 2012.
    TWEWY
    Bastion
    Lili

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yes...becuase I'll lose an awful lot of game progress clearing the wat for that 1.1 gigs.

3. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Awesome. This is what I loved about switching from Android to iOS...noticably MUCH better apps and games, especially when good iOS games like this go to 99 cents :) now I just need to find time to finish all these games

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I locked in the license for Lili once I got home. I'm in the process of backing up all the software from my iPhone to iTunes on my netbook... once that's done I'm going to clean off everything except the games I want to play thus freeing a few GB of space at minimum (hopefully 5GB+ would be ideal).

I think that's the only way I'm going to be able to keep a few bigger games on my 16gb 4S while leaving space for future great deals to lock in like this. I need to build my library of iOS games offline (currently have 435 games&apps backed up... a few hundred probably that I need to re-download) and then manage from my PC when I download new games. I don't really need a few hundred games with me everywhere I go. Maybe 50 or 80... not hundreds. Same for some of the apps I have that I just don't use. I want to keep them but not on my iPhone.

:cool:

5. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Are you saving for a 32GB iPhone? Craigslist is teaming with people selling the 32GB iPhones :)

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #26 Greyskull, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    I no longer have the problem of losing my apps...somewhat. My PC automatically DL's anything I buy, free or paid, on my phone.

But, It's impossible to see what has updates...iTunes won't list more than 336 updates for some reason. I have apps that are no longer in the store that sidn't recieve the latest updates.

Also, I'm wary of updating because I've had many purchases turn into advertisement vehicles or iapp hell fests. Apple needs to require full disclosure in updates.

3rd, when an item is removed from the store, It can be impossible to tell what an app is. It will redirect back to the iTunes store.

I can take a year before playing some games; Apple needs to get their **** together if they expect more money out of me. With them taking 30% of app sale revenue, you would THINK they could invest a little bit more on their end.

btw, I bought this. Still, they need to up the storage sizes on their next generation of devices. When I started DL'ing apps in 2008 (I think...maybe 2007), there was no such thing as a gigabyte app. I doubt their were many, if any, 100 meg apps. Maybe Apple is trying to push people into using the cloud, but the cloud is nearly worthless as it is, except for multi-device transfers.

A software guy heads Apple now, but doesn't seem to have a clue about software.

EDIT: I don't connect my phone to iTunes, so if an app is removed from the store I'm screwed. Why don't I connect? Oh, maybe because the turd known as iTunes (PC version, at least) has wiped my old ipod touch clean several times. Goddammit, just let me drag and drop. No pinging servers, syncing, or any of that crap.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Greyskull, yeah man I feel your pain though not quite as bad because I'm only in my first year ever owning an apple product. Still, the only issue I've had with iTunes not syncing was when I had made a bajillion changes between the last time I synced and of course I didn't have the space to get everything sorted out so it wouldn't let me sync. Luckily I stopped it before I lost everything.

Today went well. I synced, then unselected a 111 apps and synced again... then removed more and so on.

I'm now down to 126 games, 57 apps, plus everything that comes by default. What that looks like on the screen is I'm into my 3rd row of apps on the second page but actually have room in most of the folders. I have 4.3GB free. Oh how great that is. I'll probably remove another 20 games or so before I'm done... then I can get a little more picky about what I keep on the phone and dont.

My main complaint (beyond storage space, which really mSD is the way to go)... is simply not trusting iCloud enough yet to sync my data with it. I do that with contacts and it works great... but I'm afraid to do that with game data... but eventually I'm going to have to go down that route to really get everything backed up so I can remove games I no longer play.

But honestly, with as short a time I have had my iPhone (just about 1 year now)... I have more games to play than I'll probably get to in years to come. Yet I locked in that $100 itunes card for $80 on bestbuy.com during black friday. So I should be set for a year or so of app shopping. (in other words, I'm doomed to have a backlog forever)

8. AppleFan12

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    What's preventing you from selling and getting a higher capacity iPhone? Just curious

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    You clearly aren't an addict yet. Me and SyntheticVoid have app collections that have long passed 10,000. And, when apps are removed, you can't even tell whether or not they're garbage.

10. Yeah, I got close to 6000, which is about 15 years playing one game a day.

You guys have close to 30 years at one app per day. Should carry you both into retirement I figure. ;)

11. AppleFan12

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    :confused: How much $$ spent on them? Goodness lol

12. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    You can always delete a truly bad game from iTunes.

As addicted as I am... 10K is too many games. Anything I consider garbage will get deleted.. Anything fantastic will get backed up to an external drive. I'm planning to keep versions of the apps I love as well so I can go back if a dev messes up a game I love.

13. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I used to be the same way. Had about 13000. I just looked at it at one point and said why? Never going to play majority of them ever again. I deleted every app in my iTunes library and just downloaded only the top quality games, ya know the ones I'll definitely come back to. It felt so good doing that, now my iTunes library isn't cluttered with crap I'll never play again.

Anyways, bought the game. Much better than I thought it was going to be. Definitely a steal for $1.05

14. AppleFan12

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I delete too, no need for games I don't actually play. Btw, did you see my question to you??

Can you see this post?

15. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I my entire life as an ANdroid and iOS gamer, I have probably downloaded and player fewer than 200 games in 12 months,

16. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    My real game is to keep my idevice storage space from disappearing completely .

17. DasMonocle

DasMonocle Member

Nov 26, 2012
    At a dollar everyone should own this game

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sure is.. In fact, the game is gorgeous and has made "combat" a bit more for "everyone" instead of the usual violence we see on other video games.

It's a fresh concept and a great take on the action/adventure genre with some RPG elements involved.

In my opinion, the game deserves a shot at Game of the Year even.

So yes, definitely worth your buck, and MORE.

19. Rollobobo

Rollobobo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Takeshi's Castle
    Ugh, no 4th generation support...I'd buy this, but has developer even confirmed it will FOR SURE support the 4th generation Ipod Touch?!?

20. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA