Lili $4.99 --> $1.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    well i hope he meant that with sarcasm, cuz i dont think anyone is really stupid enough to believe not very many people have iphones, ipod touches, and ipads. or maybe he actually is :rolleyes:

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

So you will keep your hole Life your iPod Touch? (0.o)

Strange, because I would even buy a Game if it wouldn`t run on my current iDevice if it`s on Sale just to get it and be able to play it later when I could afford a newer iDevice.

Always remember that just because a Game doesn`t run on your current iDevice it doesn`t mean it won`t do that on your next One ;)

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I wrote that for people that were gonna get this game not knowing it can't run on 4g I might get it later but I rather get the world ends with you. BTW you know some people can't read the description and just hit buy anyway.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Well the game is epic and totally worth it at this price.
    But the combat system is very different and took me two hours playing to decide I like it, I maintain my opinion it may not be liked by everyone.

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Thrilled to get this one on sale, even though I'll have to wait on my new device to play it. :)

6. Man, really on the fence on buying this one. Seems like great graphics, but hear the combat style is not the best and iaps kind of recommended. Hmmm.... Too bad it' s not a buck, would instabuy even with the apparent flaws, really on the fence with this one.

7. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    do you think it might drop to a buck come Christmas?

8. Good question, never been 99 cents before, this seems to be the biggest price drop. I would figure it would depend how well this sells during this sale. If it does terrible, it may go to 99 cents.

But my gut feeling is it will go back up to full price, and then may drop to $2 like it is now to try to attract more attention during the xmas season. But there is always a chance it will stay at full price.

So probably not. I figure...

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think your ear is selective if that's what you've taken away from the overall conversation about the game. I never needed IAPs either; the game just doesn't have the difficulty to justify it nor is there a content barrier involved. It's hard to evaluate the combat as there isn't much of a point of reference besides Fruit Ninja and, oddly enough, there's a picture of Sensei from FN on a wall in the game and Halfbrick is thanked in the game credits.

10. Well, judging from comments here, in itunes reviews, and the main thread, it seems to be a beautiful game graphics wise with a couple of flaws such as the combat controls and iap encouragement.

A lot of posters seem to say both good and bad things about the game which is kind of odd too, cause usually games have a lot of fanboys that say this game is the greatest ever. But most of the comments I have been seeing are relatively good, but then they throw in comments like might not be for anyone, combat control sucks, or could not finish without iaps.

I dunno, I don't have the game, so can't really give a fair billing for sure. I am on the fence about getting it, and just posted some of those things to see if any would come to counter those claims.

So cool, glad you brought your perspective on the game here, will go look at some yotube videos now to see if I would really like it or not.

You are right about the combat, could any of you that have the game, state what this combat is, and why you like/dislike it? Thanks.

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Often, with games like this, that don't really follow a template that is often used, a lot of people will give negative feedback under the pretense that they expected something more familiar but don't necessarily make complaints that directly imply that. Conversely, complaints about a game in a well-tread genre can be taken more at face value.

The "combat" consists of tracking down and pulling flowers off the backs of spirits. With the exception of the guards, who you can't fight, all the spirits will run away from you on sight and some will toss bombs behind them as you chase them. So one element is actually getting to the spirits, who can be hard to find at times, despite their large size, because the town is pretty elaborate and hard to hold in your mind even with a decent sense of direction. Upon actually getting to a spirit, you jump on their back and then have to pull a set number of white flowers off of their back so as to reveal a red flower and you win when you pull that out. It's a simple matter of touching the flowers and swiping them out. However, the spirits are moving in a 3D space so you can miss the touch, and this effects the scoring. Furthermore, they also sprout thorns on their backs and you lose your grip (it's incremental, not a complete loss of grip) if your swipe passes over them. There are also bombs that need to be removed before they explode because if they do, they will automatically knock you off the spirit. Additionally, the spirits sprout green leaves which restore your grip and coins which are self-explanatory.

As to the money situation in the game, the main drain on funds is probably equipment. The thing is, none of the attributes the equipment OR your innate stats grown through story progress, are particularly crucial. That is to say, when I've failed to beat a spirit, it's been because of a bomb, not because I couldn't catch them or because my grip was too weak to last throughout the fight. When I have lost, it's been because of a bomb. The only way besides skill to deal with bombs is to use a bomb item yourself. Subsequently, bombs are another thing that might be a continual expense, albeit not until the last quarter of the game or so when spirits are throwing up a lot of bombs and thorns at the same time. In my experience, I didn't really buy many bombs until after I beat the game and was just trying to get better scores in my rematches with the spirits. The other necessary expense is buying keys. However, there are a finite number of locked doors in the game and I wound up buying way more keys than I actually needed. The other perishables, sandwiches that make you run faster, and invisibility potions, have their use, but are fairly abundant without being purchased.

12. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    You nailed it. The combat took me two hours of gameplay to decide if I liked it because it seemed too simplistic in the first fights, but when it got harder and I realized the direction you swipe matters, I started to enjoy it. So the game is totally worth for me, I even bought the hipster costume (0.99 but well I couldn't resist :p)

The other point you make is important too and why I'd love a mini map or easier access to the main map (like 1 click). I have bad sense of direction but despite that, and even if this game implements a decent map, people who don't enjoy doing a lot of exploration may be put off by this game (I do enjoy it, I just wish for a mini map because I get lost easily even in previously explored places - as you said they're very elaborate).

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Love this beautiful game :DD hoping for a sequel.

14. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    this isn't my cup of tea...anyway spectacular graphics and animations

15. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Went up to $2.99 a few hours ago. Still, it's worth that and more.