Universal Lion Pig (by Selosoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    As promised earlier... a promo code shortly after release in the U.S.:

EAHER6F3KW37

Enjoy the game and please let others know if you took the code. I would also love to hear your feedback if you get a minute. Thanks all

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #22 paulkane, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    EAHER6F3KW37 redeemed! Thanks.

Edit:

Okay, when I first sat down with this last night, I didn't have the sound on and that makes a big difference! The lion pig roar/snort at the end of each level is awesome. Plus, the little mini-snorts make me LOL every time. Too cute.

I did struggle a bit with the unusual controls, but once I got past the learning curve, it's been fun chasing some high scores on the leaderboard. After some chasing, I unlocked the 1.6 bonus level, which was a nice and unexpected little puzzler.

Can't wait to find more time to play this...Congratulations on making a fun, charming, and unusual platformer!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought it. Love the retro graphics, and the sounds etc.

Must admit i find the swiping quite annoying. Played the first few levels. The animation of the lionpig when he has to climb a wall seems too slow.

Positives - Seems to be a lot of content, as i said great graphics and music. Nice polished game. Just not a huge fan of the control scheme with the swiping to be honest (sorry !)

4. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Some good and some bad... I'll take it! :) Well I'm glad you enjoy the graphics and music. As far as the controls go I did try to make something that is easy for anyone to learn and I haven't heard much negative regarding it. However, I do realize that some may not find it appealing, especially hardcore platform lovers who know and love the left/right arrows and jump buttons. Anyhow, tweaks can always be made so maybe introducing an alternate control scheme is a possibility, after all that's what Options settings are for right? I'll definitely consider it. Thank you for your feedback psj3809!

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Question.... I found the emerald coin in world 3.3 and each time I "grab" it the game stops and takes me to the main menu. Should that be happening?

Loving the game!

6. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Glad you are enjoying the game :) There are 6 emerald coins, one hidden in each world. If you find all 6 currently you earn an achievement. They will however be tied in to future content. So finding all 6 of them now is a bonus as it will be required for a new level pack.

As far as returning to the menu : yes. I can see how this can be confusing but I'll look into alternatives and will push something into the Halloween update (which I am finishing today).

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yes, that's what happens when you find one of those.

I'm enjoying the game too. Only played the first 6 levels but so far so good. The controls are great. Plenty of leaderboards for speed running. My only minor niggle right now is having to confirm every time I want to retry a level. I retry levels a lot when trying to improve my times and having to confirm each time does get a little annoying. Other than that very minor nitpick though, I'm very happy with this and feel that Selosoft have done a good job with Lion Pig. Thanks for the game and best of luck to you. :)

8. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Hey, just another quick update. I decided that I'm gonna take an extra day to offer an option for a more classic control scheme for Lion Pig. It will be available to choose in the next update. This will include left/right arrows on screen for movement on the left side. And the right side of the screen will act as an action button which will be used to wall jump, wall drop and swim. So it will have a more classic feel if this suits your style more. Although this wasn't my intention when I designed the game I have no problem catering to a popular play style.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks so mich !

10. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. I saw you're also crushing the leaderboards hehe. I can't even beat your score on level 1. No clue how you got 6 seconds but gratz!

Stay posted cause tomorrow morning I'm posting the halloween preview video! Can't wait to release it. The first update is going to contain lots of updates and changes and tons of new content... including a surprise halloween costume which we do not display in the video because... I want it to be a surprise :)

11. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Halloween Update - Coming Soon!

Hey Guys,

So here is a promo video of the upcoming Halloween Update for Lion Pig. It includes 6 new levels (5 core and 1 bonus), and they are definitely the most challenging yet. There is also 2 new songs, a secondary control option in the D-pad classic style, an option to restart levels from the pause menu automatically and some other features and improvements to the game. And there is also a halloween costume for Lion Pig (not shown in the video).

Let me know what you guys think. I spent an insane amount of time on this update and I truly hope you enjoy it a lot.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Downloading...

13. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    Game looks pretty cool gonna... gonna give it a shot! Trailer music is catchy hehe. Me want lion pig!

14. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #34 paulkane, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    The new trailer is AWESOME! Congratulations again on a great game. I played some more earlier today and really enjoyed chasing the leaderboard. Can't wait to get further into LION PIG and then that update!!

Edit: I just nominated Lion Pig for GoTW. 1 or 2 more nominations should secure a position in the poll.

15. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Very kind of you. Thanks Paulkane. Glad you're enjoying the game. I'm pushing to submit the halloween update to Apple either late tonight or first thing in the morning.

If anyone feels like jumping on the bandwagon and helping nominate Lion Pig for GoTW that'd be awesome of you.

Also, AppSpy posted a hands-on video on the game and they really seem to dig the game. I appreciate all of the positive response and feedback. This next update tweaks and fixes even the most minor issues people seem to have with the game so stay tuned!

16. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Oh Boy, oh boy! I can't wait.

I played through 3.6 last night and I also found my first green coin along the way. I had forgot about those! I'm really enjoying the bonus levels. They are tricky, but super fun to figure out. Did you base the design off of something specific?

I spy another Nom...Andy!

Thanks for the heads up on the AppSpy video.

17. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    The bonus levels were not designed or inspired by anything really. Most of all the weird, or unique things I did in Lion Pig was just me trying to be random and do something different. The further into the game you get, the more unique things you will experience, and every bonus level offers something different.

Thanks for the second nomination Andy! :)

On another note : The Halloween Update was just submitted to Apple (man that was a lot of work!) But I'm super excited. I definitely feel I went above and beyond with this update. Thanks to my bud Austin who helped me out w/ tons of art on this too. Couldn't have done it w/o him.

Anyhow, here is a list of things you can expect as soon as the update hits the App Store:

• 5 new levels and 1 bonus level featuring some of the most challenging levels to date!
    • A surprise halloween costume for Lion Pig
    • Alternate control option for those who prefer a more classic D-Pad style control. It's accessible from the options menu. You can hit the pause button during gameplay and resize and reposition the D-Pad however you like. The right half of the screen acts as an action button. Both control styles work great, but now I should hear no more talk of wanting a D-Pad cause it's here! And it works real nice. I spent a ton of time making something that is fully customizable and feels real nice.
    • 2 new songs
    • Lots of cosmetic touches for Halloween
    • Minor bug fixes

And here's the icon :)

[​IMG]

18. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    6.5, OMG!! Finally golded it. Halloween update here I come...just need to find all the Greenies!

I have replayed 1.1 ad nauseum and can not get 6 seconds. <fist shake at Andy>

19. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    I can get 7 over and over. How do you get 6 @.@!

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #40 Andy C83, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Hey guys, for 1.1 the game says that my best time is 7 seconds but Game Center has it at 6 seconds; maybe a bug.

Edit: Ah, scratch that. I've just got 6 seconds on 1.1 anyway. ;)

Attached Files: