Universal Lionheart: Dark Moon (by Emerald City Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KevinECG, Oct 10, 2017.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Forced ads?

2. deadlyhunter

deadlyhunter New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    #42 deadlyhunter, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    I feel like the whole game is behind a huge paywall. You lose all the spent energy if you fail a map (which will happen a lot due to random enemy crit/passive effect that you have NO control over) and you can spend all your energy in 10 minutes. Leveling up is a drag, enemy power level rises too fast between consecutive levels and you are stuck with lv10 characters if you don't pony up for their overpriced "special" packs. Doing quest also prevents you from using those heroes and this sucks particularly for new players as they don't have many heroes to do rotation (and did I mention that if you don't use heroes with strong power rating, the quest might fail and some last for 12hr).

Seriously, playing game should be enjoyable first and foremost, but there is no such fun to be found in this game. I bought the unicorn pack to see if I can progress any faster but NOPE, shards are nearly impossible to find and you are stuck with a very rare hero at lv10. You are always in a severe lack of every single resource, and this probably will turn off everyone who is new. This is the first time I am contemplating to request a refund, which speaks a lot considering that I have spent more than that in other "gacha-style" games without regret. At least, those games let me enjoy the game and I don't mind putting down money to support the developers. However, I don't support pure greed. Combat animation is the only redemption.

3. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    This game is the definition of pay to progress, pay to win and pay to do anything.

4. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Not installing

5. koolza

koolza New Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes you should seriously look into that because right now, it's a complete bummer. Not being able to play a game without paying and paying and paying again is a sure death for your project... You really have to change something here, the game is really nice but the energy system is completely off right now...

6. Bungie

Bungie New Member

Oct 11, 2017
    #46 Bungie, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Improvements

@KevinECG: As I mentioned before, really enjoying the game so far because of the awesome animations, simplified gacha system, and pretty fleshed-out story. I usually don't offer feedback unless I really believe the game has potential. I have come across some bugs and areas where the game needs some attention and are as follows:

1. When playing any mission on "Auto-Battle", the fight will sometimes freeze during a creature's turn, not allowing any new attacks to be made and stopping progression in the mission. It appears to happen more often when running at 4x speed. This has forced me to have to "Flee" from the battle and lose energy without gaining XP.

2. The app had a fatal crash once when using multiple potions to give a hero XP. I had about 20 small potions and was tapping on the icon rapidly when the app went down.

3. As other's have stated before, the energy system definitely needs to be revamped. It needs to be improved in two possible ways: A) Either increase the max energy per user level or increase the regeneration time, and B) tailor the system so that it is NOT behind a heavy paywall (it is so much so that it causes frustration and friction to not play, as opposed to its intended design of incentivizing users to keep playing and enticing them to spend money to keep playing).

4. It would be nice, after a mission is completed and the reward collected, to have a restart mission button to play the fight over again (using the same cost energy). Further improvements would be to have options for the mission to automatically jump to the next mission or auto-restart the same mission if in auto-battle mode.

5. Not sure if I've missed it, but it would be nice to have a forum or discussion area for this game. Either a Lionheart: Dark Moon subreddit or an official dev-hosted forum would be a welcome addition to centralize discussion for bugs, improvements, tips, strategies, theorycrafting, etc.

Good luck with the continued development of the game and looking forward to new fixes, developments, and content!

7. KevinECG

KevinECG Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for the great feedback.

1. Any idea what enemy or enemies you are seeing that with?

2. We will take a look.

3. Definitely something we are looking into.

4. That will go on our list of something to look at. Always like to hear about player's game play experiences and how we can improve things.

Thanks!

8. Bungie

Bungie New Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Thanks for the prompt reply! It has been happening to me frequently in world/zone 5. It has happened in other zones as well, but it has occurred more than once in world 5, mission 1, any wave.

9. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hi all.
    Just stopping by to say I'm loving the game so far . On world 3 and not hit the paywall yet.
    Loving the chunky graphics and collected a fair few characters. Looking forward to see where the game goes next .

Last game I got into like this was avengers alliance. But this has a lot more going for it. Graphics, story etc
    Just started the wyld vs mirror challenge and enjoying it.
    Once the rapidly depleting energy has been balanced and I manage to pull more than a rare! ##I will definitely purchase a pack.

Thanks to the developers #

10. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks!

11. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks Winko!

12. LHT

LHT New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Warning to players

Those of us who played the original Lionheart Tactics by Emerald City know that the company cannot be trusted to support their games. They have promised that Tactics would get an update to fix the many bugs at the end of the month, every month, since 2015. They still haven't updated or fixed a single bug. You can read all about it, along with piles of threads of their empty promises at http://www.kongregate.com/forums/897-lionheart-tactics

Beware if you spend any money on this game, hoping they will fix these bugs. They also burned their fans on the game before that too, Sacred Seasons 2. Those players got the same promises that never came true.

13. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow i did not know that! Thanks for the heads up i was about to buy some iap :D

14. Kiddy

Kiddy New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Event reward

I played the event and completed it 3 times which should get you the rare summon, but I can't find it anywhere

Got it by restarting the app.

15. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Game so far

This game is impossible to progress in without spending money.

I have spent, a little and here is what it got me, and how badly I'm stuck now.

I have bought a couple of the unicorn packages to boost that creature.
    Problem 1. It costs an absolute absurd amount of coins to level a very rare 1 to very rare 2. I mean, like 10k, then the next step is 20k, and 30k. (coins)
    You know how many coins you get from a mission, about 100 if you are lucky.
    Oh wait, you can also send creatures on quests for extra loot (you DO NOT get player experience from doing loot missions - but it uses energy and your creatures cannot be used elsewhere...so that high level creature gets stuck on a 4 hour mission that might fail). Missions earn you a whopping 200 coins? over 4 hours?

You want to use the same creatures in all your team missions because they build a team / friendship bond that increases the more you use them. You cannot do this if you are forced to use your powerful creatures on side quests. they get stuck in the quest for hours.

Just do quick loot missions to gain experience and coins. No, you dont get player experience so you cannot level up doing quick loot. yes, you get coins, 50-150? oh my. It costs energy, and some other green form of energy too. So you cannot progress in the game, and farm previous missions you have to pick which one...but whats the point of quick loot, you get more lower level creatures that are basically worthless unless you spend weeks farming more shards, and weeks + months farming the coins required to then level the crature from 10-20, PLUS you have to level their skills! Which costs another form of currency (gems) and yes MORE MORE MORE coins.

I'm stuck at world 5. I have a team power of 500 and the easy mission now requires a team power of over 600 (which is the enemy). The energy system is terrible. Too many things use your energy but the payoff for all of these things isn't worth it.

I want to like this game, the graphics are great and the mechanics are really interesting; but there are other games that offer much more for a partial payer. For the F2P person, just delete this game now. Save your time.
    The whale is even worse off in this game, as of right now even spending thousands you will end up stuck paying for coins just to maintain a small level gain.

unless MASSIVE changes come to this game its complete garbage - 100% money grab.

16. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for the head's up. We will take a look.

17. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    #57 KevinECG, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback. I can come up with some suggestions from your post but would you like to make a couple comments on how we can improve things for you? We're all ears.

18. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Glad I decided to check TA again. I was inching closer towards spending (not a lot...just something I like to do once I've put in enough time that I think payment is deserved). Think I'll hold off a while longer now. Good info. Appreciated.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Man i read some threads in that forum. Here is what i found i mean it's lies after lies after lies after empty promises. Very pissed off customers. Just watch out before giving your money to this company guys.

20. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    The game has potential. I’ve been playing f2p gacha type games since my days with iPhone 3GS . All the complaints or at least most that I’ve read are spot on.
    Almost all games like this one refill stamina when you level up, that or give you a bunch just for leveling up, I mean games like summoners war, shoot even DC legends refill stamina when you level. Then a game like battlejack when you level you get like 50 stamina. In this game no stamina just +1 to max so it’s clearly inferior compared to other games.

Gold is a huge issue. Because of the stamina problem and the very little gold you get for main story levels, and the horrendous rewards for sending members on quests and to add in how much it costs to keep pets leveled up as your monsters level up, then the costs to upgrade monsters when you get the pieces you need . 4000 just for first upgrade on a rare monster. Plus to level up skills when you get the shards is the same 4000 for rare monster , 6000 for super rare. I can’t even break 1000 gold because of the pets . The amount of gold awarded for quests and main missions should be increased it doesn’t have to be a huge amount I still want to work for it otherwise there’s no sense of accomplishment but the way things are it just sets you up for failure and hours and hours or I should say days and days of painful / boring farming. I really like this game and I’m gonna still play of course I just hope to see some of this stuff fixed/updated. There’s plenty more I could recommend and I’ve already sent out emails to customer support for a few bugs I e encountered.