List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I bought it, but no thoughts yet (picked it up right before I went to work this morning). I hope to try it soon.

2. Thanks for reminding me about Avatar. I started playing again and got past the part where I was stuck. Loving all the free roam quests :)

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I had the chance to test it. It has incredible graphics and animation, but I had a hard time navigating and discerning what to do. That might have been my rapid descent into old age, though...:D

4. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    New Big Fish Game for the iPhone-link is to Irish iTunes Store but should work globally:

Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker

Sorry for the odd link, it isn't on appshopper yet and I'm on my iDevice.

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #3085 Isilel, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Really? I find the camera/controls in Spiderman much worse and the those in Tintin to be absolute pits, even though I agree that it is a fun, nice-looking little game.
    Heh, I thought that I was the only one (still) in love with The Avatar game. The best Gameloft game hands-down for me, one of only a couple of (sort of) platformers on iOS that I have really enjoyed. I even intend to replay it once I have a new iphone and I seldom replay things, even on PC...

To return to the topic, I have loaded iphone version of Le Chuck's Revenge on the iPad 2 and I really like how new graphics look on 2x. In fact, I much prefer them that way, so that's the problem re: possible bugs in HD version solved for me.

6. I was bummed with Spiderman. I remember being super-excited about it, and then got so frustrated with the Rhino boss battle that I just deleted it.

TinTin's camera really didn't bother me much because most of the time it didn't really matter. With Avatar, you have to jump onto things, and if the camera isn't giving you a good view, it's easy to miss and fall to your death. I like the free roam parts the best, since you can control the camera (and The horse is fun to ride!). Now I'm back to the part where the camera is controlled for you, and getting frustrated again.

7. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I am fairly sure that it did matter to me a lot, particularly in combination with atrocious movement controls, that made it impossible to move in a straight line!

Hm..., for some reason from all 3D or 2.5D platformers I have tried on iOS, I really had the easiest, most enjoyable time of it with Avatar. I usually have problems judging the jumping distances, but none here. Of course, ledge-grabbing really helped too.
    I didn't Even know that it was possible to control the camera in horse levels, heh.

Oh, and BTW does anybody know which season those numbered Sam and Max episodes belong to? And whether I'd miss much if I don't play through previous season(s). I have the first one for PC, but I only got about halfway through so far, I definitely prefer P&C adventures on iOS.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    According to the TellTale Games web site, it appears that Beyond Time & Space is season 2 of Sam & Max.

9. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know this isn't an adventure game, but since we have a lot of Big Fish Games fans I thought I'd mention that Tiny Places for the iPhone is currently free.

11. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Only one I haven't got is the Egypt one. Downloading now. Don't know when I'll get round to it. Playing LostWinds at the mo and loving it. Even paid full price for the sequel on day 1 so it must be good

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So you're playing the original LostWinds right now?

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Finished it the day before the new one was released. Was debating whether to stay up and download the new one at midnight but had work the next day so first thing in the morning had to suffice. Fantastic game once you get into it and the second one seems much bigger

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    If you are a Starbucks' customer, the original LostWinds is the app of the week and you can get a card with a promo code for the game.

15. I tried asking once for the card an I felt so silly, since they had no idea what I was talking about.

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Are you in the US-it might be US only. I picked one up last night. If I am by one today, I pick you up one (I can just PM the code.).

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I will have to try it at Starbucks here in England but I can't see them doing it over here

18. Yeah, I'm in NYC, where there's a Starbucks on every block. You'd think I'd be able to find one! I'll try to get one myself, but that would be awesome if you could get an extra for me just in case.

19. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I know the US promo codes don't work in the UK, so probably not, but at least there's coffee!