List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Any of the Midnight Mysteries, Letters From Nowhere, not every Big Fish game but a lot of them, The Tiny Bang Story HD (though this is more puzzle than hidden object). There's actually quite a lot that are worthwhile. I'm sure others will chime in with more specifics (or you could read the 300+ pages of this thread :) )

2. That would be Anuman. :) HdO is a trademarked brand name, with 18 titles currently in their collection. Their line is called HdO Adventure, and is published by Anuman Interactive (http://www.anuman-interactive.com/).

3. On Alawar and Awem, they're just called hidden object games. :) The abbreviation HOG is a popular term used in casual game forums (such as Gamezebo and BFG). They are also sometimes referred to as HO games.

4. LOL it does :cool: and if you think that sounds odd, wait till you hear some of the other popular acronyms used to describe these type of games:

HOG - hidden object games (the classic HO with word lists)
    iHOG - interactive hidden object games (HOs that you can interact with)
    FrOG - fragmented object games (you find item pieces instead of words on lists)
    HOPA - hidden object puzzle adventure (the newer HOGs that are heavier on puzzles and adventure elements)

Those are a bit too specific though, so generally they're just grouped under HO. :eek:

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I kind of thought as much, but I was looking back in some of their press releases and couldn't find any mention. Guess I kept the wrong press releases :)

I like HOPA. Sounds like someone starting a Greek dance :rolleyes:

6. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    That would assume that I know what I am talking about....:)

7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    OMG-an acronym world that I never knew existed!

I think I'll stay in my cozy little corner of TouchArcade.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If you don't then we can never be wrong in our interpretation!!!

9. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I always wondered what FrOG meant. I guess this would be like the Mortimer Beckett games. Going by the list I think I'm a HOPA gal.

10. Yes Mortimer Beckett, that's exactly it. :) I love that series!

11. Nafiz ur rahman

Nafiz ur rahman Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Software market analyst
    Dhaka
    hu ha ha ha.... Adventure??? !! !! he he hu ha

Bla bla bla bla... adventure games.... how many of you guys can tell what actually adventure means to you..... ????? I am expecting a good answer.... :D :D

12. Nafiz ur rahman

Nafiz ur rahman Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Software market analyst
    Dhaka
    Lolz... So u are a gal.... I thought you are Mr. sleny :p

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks! I'd never heard of Mortimer Beckett before and just looked the games up on Gamehouse. This may have to be my first iPad purchase.

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Many of the recent G5e games have been excellent-Treasure Seekers series, Letters from Nowhere series (at least soon to be a series), and especial Kingdom Trouble.

15. Btw, snagged the first Broken Sword for 99 cents even though I played it years ago on my PC. If you haven't played it yet, grab it while it's on sale!

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You mean Royal Trouble, right?

I've owned Broken Sword on my PC, PocketPC, Palm and now my iOS devices. I've never finished it, but I've enjoyed it every time I've played it. Ironically, the only version I think I haven't played is the PC one, which is the first one I actually owned :)

17. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Yeah...I'd blame that one on auto-correct, but then it would really start giving me problems.

18. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Royal Trouble? It was such great fun. I tried the first Treasure Seekers but couldn't get into it. It's definitely on my to-play list though. I've heard great things about the series. I will have to give Letters from Nowhere a try.

I'm playing The first Natalie Brooks and I'm stuck so I'm looking for another distraction. I wish the Ravenhearst series would come out on iPad soon.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Skip the first Treasure Seekers and play part 2. I didn't care much for the first one either, but I've loved the rest of them. I think 3 was my favorite, but they are all good after 1.

20. mihimarcelo

mihimarcelo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    Thanks. I tried all of then and i'm thinking about Royal Trouble. People said it is short, but one of the reviewers skipped all dialogues...
    is Royal Trouble really a short game?