List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    If I really despised Anuman's Aladdin game, and thought that XIII was OK, but nothing great, would I like the Deadly Association? I hesitate because of how poorly done the Aladdin game was.

Thanks in advance!

2. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I seem to remember Teagan playing it, but am not sure.

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have a feeling if you're not a fan of Anuman hidden object games you probably won't like this one either. I'll post better observations once I've actually had the chance to play it.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  5. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks. It had the G5e Special Enquiry Detail look to it and I enjoyed that game quite a bit.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You never know. Maybe they've improved the engine since XIII.

7. Dream Chronicles: The Eternal Maze is #2. The third one, Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child hasn't been released for iOS yet.

The original trilogy (Dream Chronicles 1, The Eternal Maze, The Chosen Child) is all about Faye and Fidget, and the fairy queen Lilith.

The 'Book' series is a spin-off, set in the same town many years later, and is all about Lyra, the daughter of Faye & Fidget. Book of Air is #4, and Book of Water is #5.

I'd wait for #3 to be released first, before playing the whole thing, since Chosen Child is the one that contains the resolution to the original Dream Chronicles trilogy. :)

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the clarification. That was an interesting decision to release them out of order like that. Combined with the lack of numbering, it seems pretty counter-intuitive.

9. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #3389 mrsleny, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    I don't generally play match 3 games. I did when I first got my iPad and was addicted to some of the Playrix games but as soon as I discovered HOG/adventure games, I haven't played any.

Do I need to play the other Dream Chronicles before Eternal Maze?

Cheers

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Can't say for sure since I've never played them, but I'd guess the answer is yes.

I've tried playing Myst on several different platforms and never liked it.

11. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who couldn't get into Myst.

Lost Souls:Enchanted Paintings looks promising though reviews on Gamezebo say gameplay is short and easy.

Just played 10 min of demo and bought anyway ... boy I'm easy. Graphics are gorgeous, music could be better, HOS are fairly easy so far but a bit annoyed they can't be enlarged. It does help that graphics are clear and crisp.

12. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    New BFG in Canadian App store - Behind the Reflection

Meh reviews on Gamezebo. I played the demo for about 15 minutes and agree. It must be an older game because there's a floppy disk in one of the HOS. I know it's weird to be turned off by that but I can't help it.

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you for posting this. As of Tuesday morning they hadn't done their usual countdown or pre-release notifications and I wouldn't have known it was out if you wouldn't have caught it.

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Ditto for all the Cyan World productions. Not sure why, great graphics and interesting gameplay, just don't appreciate them.

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ran across this one: Evil Houseparent 1. To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure it's a game, or if it's in English, but the screen shots look really good.

I've been playing Letters From Nowhere 2, and if you liked the first one it's basically more of the same, which is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. I will say that there is one mini-game that about drove me nuts because I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Once I "got it", though, it ended up being one of the coolest mini-games I'd seen in a HoG in a while.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  19. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I noticed Track the Ripper on the app store. It says it is an interactive movie but I'm not sure it would be my sort of game. Has anyone tried it?