List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Has anyone started the third Moonwall Palace game yet? I'm stuck on the train (the first one in case there is more than one). I checked the hint, which told me to do exactly what I was trying to do anyway, but apparently I'm not doing something right. Any help would be appreciated.

The game is quite interesting. The story has already taken a couple of turns I didn't expect, the first couple of characters you meet are interesting, and it even has a darker tone than the first two games. Plus, the engine seems to be behaving for the most part, which is a big improvement over the second installment. Haven't gotten stuck on a dialog once yet. There were a couple of things that could have been a bit more obvious so far, but overall this could turn out to be the best one of the series.

2. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    The screenshots for Escape How Can I? are Antrim Escape shots. Weird.

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well that's not cool. I'm not real familiar with Antrim Escape so I didn't realize that, or I wouldn't have posted the link.

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I bought Snow Hill but it's not doing much for me other than putting me to sleep:)

5. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    That's too bad. I was thinking of buying it. Decided on the latest Mortimer Beckett instead. Having fun with it. My nephew surprised me with an iTunes gift card so I broke down and bought Twisted Lands Insomniac. I liked the first one.

I think it's time for a new BFG CE release.

6. FacepuncherWorldwide

FacepuncherWorldwide Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
    "I'm not actually quite sure about the first two (About to blow up part 1), because based on the screen shots it's hard to tell, but the iTunes descriptions label them as adventure games. Of course we know how people like to throw the phrase "adventure game" around"

"About to blow up part 1" is definitely a classic point and click adventure!
    It just happens to be in a zany cartoon style. Check it out here:

[thread]145181[/thread]

And message me for a promo code

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's too bad. It is a bit slow, but overall I like the atmosphere. I'm looking forward to getting back to it when I have some more time.

That's great to hear. I love a zany cartoon style :)

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #3848 Coldar, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for the mention of Mystery Valley, think mrsleny vouched for the game in an earlier post so I bought it just now. I'm liking it very much, or rather the lite I tried first. It can look slightly pixelatted when zoomed in as also mentioned but not enough to deter my playing it.

Appreciate all the mentions on Adventure games and trying to choose between The Secret of Grizzly Manor or Dream Chronicles and then there's The Lost City. Never thought I'd have a problem choosing an adventure game as my first real tryout and all three look like something that won't scare me off. Been rather busy (and other games as well) but I see one of these in the very near future to play. Thanks again!:)

9. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yikes. I don't remember endorsing Mystery Valley. In fact I'm pretty sure I wasn't impressed by the demo. If you are enjoying it though maybe I was too hasty in my review. Perhaps I will give it another go.

I'm almost finished Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief. I really enjoyed it.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    All of the Midnight Mystery games are on sale for $2.99 (iPad) Great deal for amazing games ie. Salem Witch Trials etc

11. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Do you have to play them in order or doesn't it matter?

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So has anyone tried About To Blow Up yet? It's quite an interesting game. Basically you play a guy trying to become the assistant to the biggest Hip Hop producer in the world, and when he blows you off you decide to up the ante and become the biggest Hip Hop producer in the world yourself. The artwork is pretty cool, the characters are wacky, and there's plenty of inventory gathering and puzzle solving, though some of the puzzles are a bit obscure. Overall, though, it's definitely worth the 99 cent asking price.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Doesn't matter. I haven't played Salem Witch Trials yet, but I've played the other two and aside from the fact that they might mention each other, they are completely independent games.

14. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Started it yesterday and I really enjoyed what I played. Reminds me ad a cartoony version of Yesterday where what you do results in consequences

15. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I posted the release in the US, and my impressions later, unfortunately, I just couldn't appreciate the pixelation and the storyline. I am really glad that you are enjoying the game and hope you'll post more I impressions.

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you, I appreciate your letting us know. My iTunes account isn't nearly so appreciative, though!! :D

17. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Has anyone played this game from Namco Networks America (link to appshopper.com)? I remember playing another adventure game from them and really enjoying it (ghost-based, can't remember the name).

The Stroke of Midnight

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't tried that one yet, but I think I will be. Could the other game you're thinking of be Mishap: An Accidental Haunting? If so, that was a great game (or at least the PC version was).

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's the next game from the developers of About To Blow Up: Castle Abra. This one looks pretty cool as well, though the guy that I'm supposing is meant to be a prince looks a bit creepy...

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I've played Stroke of Midnight before. Are they saying its new?