List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3881 paul.hendricks, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, lots to look at.

I downloaded the Mayan Princess one (and the jump out one as well), but haven't had much time with them. AppShopper says Forgotten Riddles was released yesterday, which seems like a really long time to wait.

I'll put up some impressions later tonight or tomorrow.

2. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3882 paul.hendricks, Jul 26, 2012
  3. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    It was moi:)

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've played the iPhone version of Jump Out (before it was published by Big Fish), and I enjoyed what I played. It's a pretty typical physics puzzle game, but the bugs are cute and it was challenging enough.

5. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3885 paul.hendricks, Jul 26, 2012
    I've played the free portion of Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess HD and while it has a different way of presenting clues for what you are searching for (short riddles or verses) and some neat picture puzzles, I come away from it thinking "meh". It is not a poor game, by any manner or means and I can see where people would really like it; it just doesn't work for me. The graphics are fine (not stellar and definitely pixelated as you zoom in) and the sound is all right.

The interface is a little perplexing, as there are sections and icons that are not explained to you (at least as far as I got in the game). One annoying issue/feature is that items do not disappear after you find them-they stay on the screen. Since you are solving riddles to find the items, and the riddles disappear after the item is found, it can make for a bit of confusion on similar items.

Have a great night!

6. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Has anyone played the Walking Dead adventure game from TellTale? The front page review liked it, and so have many of the release forum posters, but I am still a bit leary of it, any thoughts?

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played it yet, but the guy that runs one of the web sites where I post my reviews has and he really enjoyed it. I've been trying to hold off for it to come to the iPad. Of course, now that I've read the first 20 issues of the comic book I'm really tempted to buy the PC version. I'm really loving everything Walking Dead related.

8. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Released in Canadian store a while back so I have already played and finished. Great game. It's the sequel to Puppetshow: Mystery of Joyville. Gameplay was fairly long - typical of Collectors Editions.

It's felt like weeks since the last BFG adventure/HOG.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    My bad, I should have followed the link Paul posted. I didn't realize he was talking about the iPad version, though I guess I should have figured as much :rolleyes: Didn't realize it had been released yet.

10. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #3890 mrsleny, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    Letters from Nowhere 2 is on sale right now for $4.99 (reg $6.99). I'm debating. I played the demo and it seems to be mostly HOG and the HO scenes don't expand. Graphics are sharp but objects are small to spot for these old eyes.

Letters to Nowhere 2 iPad

Add: no longer on sale. Seemed to be one day only.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Why is EVERYONE so hooked on the Walking Dead? Lol I tried watching one episode and could not get into it:( regardless, the game looks terrific! I'm going to wait until someone on here tries it first:) HINT HINT

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Are you a fan of zombie stuff in general? I think that makes a big difference. I've seen a bunch of zombie films and read a fair share of zombie related stories, and The Walking Dead just seems to do a really good job of handling the whole thing. Plus, at least in the comic book, they really give no indication as to why it happened (at least not as of issue 20). A lot of zombie stories spoil themselves by coming up with some stupid reason that the whole outbreak occurred. And, it's nice to see a story where it's not just one or two people against the world of the undead. At least you get a feeling of hope in The Walking Dead, because there is more than one group of people that are still human. That is, of course, unless they all go mad and kill each other :eek:

13. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm not! Don't like zombie movies/tv/books at all. Though I was dragged to Shaun of the Dead and quite enjoyed it.

14. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #3894 mrsleny, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    New Big Fish Games in Canadian app store:

- Cate West: The Vanishing Files
    - Shiver: Poltergeist

Cate West looks like an older game and a straight HOG. I'm not going to even bother with the demo.

Shiver Poltergeist (pc version) got great reviews on Gamezebo. I liked the first one Shiver Hitchhiker. I've pretty much loved everything by Artogon Games so I'm probably going to buy but going to play the demo first.

I haven't post the links because most here are in the US and the links won't work yet.

15. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Anyone played The Haunt yet?

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Looks pretty sweet. Here's a link:

The Haunt

17. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Has anyone played their other game Riddenhurst? I bought it a while back on sale but couldn't get into it I have a terrible sense of direction and the panoramic navigation (is that what it's called?) doesn't help.

I wonder if The Haunt is the same.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I had the same problem with Riddenhurst, but I believe the developer was aware of the issues people were having and intended to correct that with The Haunt. Now whether that actually happened or not I do not know.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    In case anyone's interested, Snow Hill HD just dropped to 99 cents.

20. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The navigation reminded me of Myst and Syberia. I had such a hard time with those and never got much further than 10 minutes into the game. As I said I have a terrible sense of direction so the linear BFG games are perfect for me.