List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm really looking forward to trying it. I just hope I actually get around to it soon :)

2. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Vampire Saga Welcome to Hell Lock (Alawar, surprise surprise)
    Grim Facade Mystery of Venice CE (ERS Games)

I'm downloading the trial of Grim Facade. Decent reviews for PC version on Gamezebo. We'll see.

3. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    there is a new thing for someone good for someone bad,from now you can't unlock free big fish games with iap unlocker from cydia...

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just finished Hidden Runaway. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I really hope they make the sequel. It reminded me of Yesterday but with hidden objects. Loved it

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Guess I'll have to try this again. Personally, I was disappointed because I was expecting an adventure game, not a hidden object game.

On the other hand, either this week or the beginning of next month BulkyPix will be releasing The Next Big Thing (thankfully renamed "Hollywood Monsters" for iOS devices), which is in fact an actual adventure game written by the same folks that did Yesterday. I've only been able to spend a few minutes with it so far, but from what I can tell it's going to be lots of fun.

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Aw, you're so lucky to be able to test the games. Hopefully it will be released this week so I can snap it up before I go away. I don't know if I've mentioned it but I'M GOING TO NEW YORK lol

You should try Hidden Runaway again but then again I don't mind playing hidden object games. If that's not your thing then it probably isn't for you

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I love hidden object games. I guess I was just disappointed because I was so blown away by Yesterday that I was expecting the same thing from Hidden Runaway, especially given the series' history as an award winning adventure game franchise.

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    What device was it playable on and can you still get it? I would love to play some more

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I assume you're talking about the other Runaway games. Here's everything you need to know: Official Runaway site.

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Cool. Thanks. Have found the original Runaway on Fleabay. Looks the same as the one on iOS. Looking at the prices makes you realise how cheap iOS games are

Will look later on the PC for details on the new game. I'm sure it will be another quality game

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You can get the first two here: Runaway at DotEmu.com. I believe they are Windows only. Not sure what you mean by "looks the same as the one on iOS" unless you're simply referring to the graphics style. From what I can tell they are two completely different types of games.

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Big mistake looking for the game. HUGE! Now I know there are 3 episodes for the PC. Naughty Amazon also link other games of the same type. Could be an expensive Xmas for my other half

13. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Amazon provides the surest way to financial ruin that I have ever found. I don't know how they read my mind, but they always have more things I need/want than what I originally went to the site looking for...

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Tell me about it. Games I've never heard of but are right up my street are now calling to me :)

15. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Hmmmm. It seems like Canada is the testing ground for BFG. Often games are released weeks ahead of US App Store. This is why i have stopped posting links. Not sure if this is a good thing or not that we are testing audience especially if the game has a glitch.

So has Fairway Fever been released in US yet?

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't see it in the App Store yet.

17. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

Tesla's Electric Mist - NOW AVAILABLE on the AppStore

Hey guys. I'm excited to let you all know, since there's more than a few of you that have shown an interest in this one.

Tesla's Electric Mist just went live on the AppStore. It's now available for purchase. So get it while it's Hot!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teslas-electric-mist/id568809196?mt=8

We've been working on this one for over ten months now. So, crossing our fingers and toes that it'll receive a warm welcome.

And PLEASE, if you get it, leave a review. The reviews can make or break us, so please take a moment to review the game after you've played it a bit.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This is awesome news. You guys need to go get this game. I'm positive you'll love it.

19. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Congratulations on the release! I've acquired the game and will do an iTunes and forum review when I am able