List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. I finally finished it, and I agree it was the worst ever. The first time I tried I completely missed the second message on the phone. So with that (and the tips from the other thread) I was able to finish it. But man it was crazy.

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No joke! I'm in the midst of begging my friend to install it for the 2nd time bc it didn't give me points for whatever reason the first time lol he thinks I'm crazy!!! Lololol

3. Actually, I stand corrected. I Forgot about the Dying Message 1 and thefact that I still don't know how to get the passwords after knowing them!

4. Have you guys heard of Cryptic Keep? Someone just brought it to my attention on my site and it looks promising.

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, it was discussed here a while back. I enjoyed it, but thought it was fairly short, even after the first update which supposedly doubled the size of the game. I think the others that played it on this forum weren't real impressed with it. The game sort of has the feel of a 90's shareware title.

6. Interesting, thanks. I'll have to think about it then.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, did you play / beat the game Strange House from IDAC? If so, could you go check the help thread? I'm stuck on that one right now.

8. Just answered you there. Hard to keep up with these two threads ;)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, yeah, but it's been a lot nicer for me :)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    What do u mean by text? Btw I played The Clowns Grudge (IDAC) and it was awful! Yes, I paid for a horrible game lol

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Text, as in "no graphics" :) The way they used to do things in the old days when Infocom was the king of adventure games. I believe they call it "interactive fiction" now.

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Haha like the days of Zork! It's hard to go back.... Any other good new games?

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's true that it's hard to revisit those old games, but there's no denying that those were the best days for adventure games. Followed closely, of course, by the early days of Sierra and LucasArts. That's why I'm so excited about TellTale Games bringing King's Quest back into the limelight.

Haven't really run across anything else new yet. I finally tried Riddenhurst over the weekend and deleted it after less than five minutes. I really thought no one would come up with a worse navigation system than Microids when it came to mobile adventure games, but they win the prize. Too bad, because I think it could have been an interesting game.

15. I didn't delete Riddenhurst, but haven't had the urge to go back to it since I downloaded it. I think it was making me dizzy. And I was never really sure what I was looking at while outside in the bushes.

16. Haha someone just asked me for help on that one, but now I'm not so sure I want to play it ;)

17. I also noticed that games I downloaded in the past that are no longer free are now asking me for 300 points to download. That sucks...

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes! I sent them an email re that bc I was in the middle of playing one and they took it off the list! That's not right!

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It sounds to me like they still have some refining to do with their system. I hope they get some of these kinks worked out, because it is actually a pretty nice service.