List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Lol! I posted the walkthrough before it was finished, so that's probably what they were referring to. I didn't know I was racing with anyone though ;)

I'm really impressed with the latest IDAC games. They're more complex, but more logical than many of their old ones. I hope they keep it up, bc it's becoming an addiction ;)

Btw, I tried joining that group, but never got a confirmation. Still says it's a closed group.

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    For starters , your walkthrough just saved me bc hsbE would not work bc I didn't use the cutter on the PC lol

You should be confirmed for the FB group. What name did you use? Use your Computer to see if you're confirmed. You can only find it on the computer until u join.

3. Lol so you just guessed the numbers without seeing the top half?

I need to do a huge overhaul on my site with the photos. I've been using some that are too big. It's just such a huge job to post them all over again as compressed files. But I think the photos make a huge difference in the walkthroughs sometimes.

As for the FB group, I'll check again to see if I can access it.

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, I wrote down the top part and then wrote down the bottom part. I put them together and poof! :)

5. Lol I would never even consider doing that. And you should know by now that IDAC would never let that fly ;)

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, I've already been a fan. Personally, though, I'm bordering towards hating this particular one right now. I haven't played since AppUnwrapper's last clue, though, so hopefully things will get better.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know all about those Dungeons & Dragons folks :) I used to attend comic and roleplaying conventions from time to time when I was younger, and there were some scary people at those places. The most startling incident, though, was at one convention where there were a bunch of 40+ year old men huddled around a table (not even sure what they were playing) all chanting "Blood! Blood!" Needless to say I never went anywhere near that table!

As for MtG, it's similar to D&D in theme, but a completely different mindset game play wise. And I never saw anyone dress up at any of the MtG gatherings I went to :D

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The sad thing is that this mentality is starting to creep heavily into single player games as well. I just got done reviewing the plant growing game Drawin' Growin' from Taito, and one of my biggest pet peeves was the fact that all the cool items basically had to be purchased with real money. Every once in a while they'd toss you an item as a sampler, but you got one use and that item was gone. Now why would I want to pay real cash for items that are going to be one-use items?

9. #1549 AppUnwrapper, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    Wow that's crazy. But I bet you there are people who will pay for it.
    I don't even think Eternity Warriors is really multiplayer other than the fact you can have a friend's character follow you around like an NPC. So I guess it's pretty common in single-player games.

I was obsessed with Order & Chaos Online when it first came out (until I realized I was spending way too much time on it) and they made all the best gear only obtainable with cash. For a game you paid for AND had to subscribe to in order to keep playing. The only reason that wasn't enough to make me stop playing was because I didn't care much for pvp, and the pve was perfectly doable without the best gear. But this trend of forcing people to pay for the best gear is really off-putting. (On a side note, Don't Run With a Plasma Sword does it right -- you can unlock everything without spending a penny, but if you want to throw money at them, they'll let you. That's how IAPs should work.)

Edit: Wow, we really got off topic here!

10. Btw, did any of you ever play the Hysteria Project? I started it a while back but never finished it. I see there's a second one now.

11. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    One that does it right is Book of Heroes by Venan. It's an RPG, with recharging resources, and if you are impatient you can buy more, but you never are forced to.

I understand that the economics of the App Store are pushing firms to do the IAP, but it does get old. I'd much rather pay a premium price upfront and get the full experience, but that doesn't provide the revenue stream that firms are looking for.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Played the first one two or three times and the second one twice. They are both fairly short but worth playing in my opinion.

13. Wow sounds like you really liked them. I'll have to download the first one again and give it another go.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's kind of funny because I had the first one on my device for a long time, and had even started it once and didn't really think much of it. Then when I saw there was a second one coming out I decided to give it a go again and that's when I got hooked.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I finished if u need help. Or use apps walkthrough:)

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Did you google Beth Moursund? I'm curious if that is what she was involved with.
    This is her on wiki but I have no clue what that role is.

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Beth_Moursund

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know you all are there for me. It just kind of takes the fun out of it when I need to get help every little step of the way. I prefer to be able to solve the majority of a game myself, and it just doesn't seem to be falling in place with this particular game.

I was what you might call a "fringe" player. Even though I dumped a bunch of money into it, I never really got into the competitions and all that. However, Magic: The Gathering had a pretty extensive rules set, and there were people that would make sure the rules were fair and that when new rules were added they flowed with everything else. It sounds like she was one of those people.

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    @app according to the admin of the IDAC FB group, you have been confirmed:)

19. Yep I saw, thanks :). Bit nervous to see what they're all saying about me, though ;)

20. Dying Message Part 1 is free in the app store, but I'm sure you've all played it on AppNavi already ;)