List of Card Battle Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by doctor rickso, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    If you are waiting for a card battle game keep a look out for a game called NanoVerse Castles. You can read about it here:

PocketGamer

or

The Digital Chocolate Blog (more info here)

Not only does is this game a battle card game. U can use your special nanostars in any of their future games that use the nanoverse characteristics. For more info, read the blogs

2. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    I second that, man. Soul Card was really fun, and I tried out Fantasy Adventures. It had a horrible presentation, and ugly menus and such. But, for some reason, I really enjoyed it. Not much deck building, but it was kinda fun for quick games. I must say though, Soul Card Master was much better.

3. Yea looks nice on paper but I doubt I'll be getting into it as it'll be like buy this and buy that or at least that's what I gleaned from reading about nanostars.

I did get a chance to play that triple triad a flash version and meh.....wasn't really my kinda game. Thanks for the explanation Quorlan.

4. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    I've got to agree with mrbass on the whole nanostars thing. So far what I've read about it doesn't have me thinking it's something for me. Same with Triple Triad, just not that compelling. I'm looking for depth, lots of options and variations for strategic play, and most of all something that engages me. Give me something highly strategically variable overlayed by a compelling storyline and I'll be in heaven. So far, none of the games mentioned in this thread have really done that for me.

Q

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Soul Card Masters is definitely fun - not quite as complicated as MTG (which is my personal favorite), but a good amount of strategy and customization nonetheless. And there's a free trial version if you're not sure.

Orions is good, but the campaign is buggy with design flaws, and the simple duels got old for me after a while (in addition to which there's a serious bug that allows the AI to continue playing cards even after he has 5 creatures in play).

Another game to keep an eye out for on iphone is Moonga. Hard to tell yet if it will be good (one drawback is that it will be online play only), but interesting looking at least (and nice artwork).

6. Mistrya

Mistrya Member

Jun 7, 2010
  7. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    ported mws on iphone would solve all problems with card games for ios...